Terminator: Dark Fate - Official Teaser Trailer (2019)

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 24, 2019.

1. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Awesome , cannot wait to go to the movie theater and watch it :) .

2. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb
    You seriously dont see it?

1) Terminator is about John Connor and Sarah, if she is old there is ton to show in the future, which is the most interesting part that was shown the least [how many times we can see robot chasing someone in the past?]
    2) Terminator is Definitely not a Chick Flick

There are different templates to SJW movies/TV:
    This one is:
    Step One: Do NOT Create Original Content [otherwise no one will be angry on one side and you wont get virtual back pats on the otehr]
    Step Two: Take existing Franchise, Story, Book Series, Comics, old TV/Movie series an re-lunch: Swap all men with women.
    PROFIT
    What I see is Greedy, useless people that cant create anything new/or they assume they can get more $$$ if they follow twitter trends OR they actual insane believers.

3. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb

That was a good series that ended too soon, I expected them eventually to show the future exclusively.

4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I was beyond pissed when that was canceled specially with how it ended with john sent in to future to save him, and when has ask the person that found him that was in the resistance to see john connor or if they knew him. the said who is john connor? or something along those lines.

seriously I really liked the sarah connor chronicles. I was all set to see that future like I wanted to see since "the terminator" only to slapped in the face with fox's usual habit of canceling things

Salvation was and still is the closest we got to see a movie in that timeline.

5. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    lol... I dont think this movie is being made for deep thinkers or those too engrossed in its background story, history or lore. Its made for people who just have a sketchy feel or idea of that background history and who dont give a crap about going too deep into it. For those who want to see an intense action movie, not for those who want to nit-pick the story to death or who may fidget in their seats about small fictional details that the majority may not even be aware of or care about.

6. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    As you wrote, Genisys has Additional time jump, where Sarah has T-800 from age 7. She ages to 1984 with him where they destroy both T-800 from T1 and T-1000 from T2. Then she time dumps to 2017 and he has to wait as his skin is damaged (preventing him from jump). In this entire movie, "good" T-800 is having one mechanical malfunction after another. At the end he loses entire arm to T-3000, but gains liquid metal.
    At that point of time, his look is his choice as he keeps looking aged.
    - - - -

And for Genisys destruction not being end of Skynet, it is simple. T-3000 practically wrote all code Skynet needed then had it evolve through computational power. Who's to say that same code has not been copied to some dead-box or has not been kept evolving in another location as safeguard.
    - - - -

I would say that "real sequel" may as well mean "spiritual sequel". Instead of resetting all timelines to T2 movie, they can continue whenever they want with some intervention, overlooked plot hole, ... and movie has to be like T1/2.
    - - - -

To this newest movie. There are two possibilities. Either it is far enough in future for Sarah to be that kind of aged, or she time traveled back.
    Considering that enemy this time is highly improved mechanical body with separate liquid metal shell, I say that Skynet did evolve, but waited till it developed much more advanced weaponry then jumped it back to eliminate its opposition.
    Same can be said about "Protector" as she seems to be product of advanced bio engineering. If it was sequel to Genisys, I would say that Sarah did jump back from ~2060. And that could explain tech shown.
    - - - -

I personally do not care if it is sequel to any of those movies as long as it feels like T2. But I doubt that in 2020 we are going to get movie which feels like 1984~1991 action.
    Secondly, T-800 even fused with T-1000 liquid metal is not exactly T-X and would still be quite weaker against this new dual body Terminator. Because right in this trailer Sarah blasts its mechanical part into bits and it is reassembled for later scenes.
    - - - -

But scenes in trailer are biggest danger to quality of the movie. They do action scenes everywhere, includes midair cargo plane collisions. If it relies too much on CGI, explosions, then story may not be in front. And T1/2 were not about visual wows, those were about : "killing machine having the upper hand".
    People got to like T-800 in T2 as T-1000 got killer look. Similar thing is visually here, but I think that empathy for "Protector" is too much as she looks too nice. And in face of those 2, she looks defenseless as hinted from her desperate "last stand".
    (She looks/moves like average person w/o any combat training/experience being enhanced and sent to deal with bad situation for amusement of struggle.)

Last edited: May 26, 2019
  7. djm67

djm67 Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080

11/01/19 was a long time ago for the rest of the world lol

8. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Nothing about this says chick flick. Did you see any romance?
    Not doing anything original is not the same as being SJW.
    They did not replace all the men with women. Nor do I see what this awful trailer has to do with Twitter trends?
    You make a weak case for yourself.

alanm likes this.
  9. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    US date format.

10. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb
    I knew you were looking for a fight, you clearly understand what im talking about but had to ask, i guess you just one of them, i wont be replaying beyond this post, tech forum is not for this [leave it for reddit]
    Chick Flick doesn't need romance, it can be anything that appeals to young women, if its all-women cast its a chick flick.
    Not doing anything original PLUS replacing women with men equals SJW movie, not just not doing anything original, I even numbered it for you.
    Terminator was about John Connor, now its about that small third wheel women the butch terminator is defending.
    Also lets compare her to T3, T3 looked like amazing women, this one if she wears a jacket looks like a male teenager. [There is this idiotic trend in SJW media to portray "strong" women looking like Man, this one, Batwoman etc, they can only Copy]
    Arnold has a passing role, the main movie and all the ad material is about the female trio.
    Its going to fail just like Ghostbusters and that makes me very happy.

11. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Seems people can interpret anything from anything... :rolleyes:

Last edited: May 27, 2019