AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 19.5.2 driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mtrai, May 23, 2019.

1. mapnam charun

mapnam charun Member

GPU:
    GTX 550 Ti 1024 MB
  2. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Make a new thread for your Lite stuff if you want.
    Dont destroy this one with M$ stuff.

3. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    OT: You can still download most free apps without an account logged in to the MS Store, Radeon Settings Lite is no exception.

Jackalito likes this.
  4. Strange Times

Strange Times Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6600 XT
    damn it !
    App installation failed with error message: Deployment Add operation with target volume C: on Package AdvancedMicroDevicesInc-2.59462344778C5_10.19.10006.0_x64__0a9344xs7nr4m from: (AdvancedMicroDevicesInc-2.59462344778C5_10.19.10006.0_x64__0a9344xs7nr4m.Appx) failed with error 0x80073CFD. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=235160 for help diagnosing app deployment issues. (0x80073cfd)

warlord likes this.

5. inouext

inouext Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    Clean Windows 1903 install.
    Installed 1.5.2 and i can't open Radeon Settings, i click and nothing happens.

6. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    PLEASE CAN WE STOP!!! This is not a discussion of the win store app. This is the full driver download. Make your own damn thread. I will pass issues on if needed. No I do not work for AMD.

LocoDiceGR likes this.
  7. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Stop poor guys. Radeon settings lite can be a part of the driver. Because I use it with 19.5.2.

Go cry because you are jealous of a slow app instead of mine which is instantaneous. I have a life I do not need relive to capture my moment.

8. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    1) The app is not slow.

2) There is no difference.

3) We are not crying, you are yelling.

4) Gamers/Consumers asked for ReLive - Myself also.

Please stop, you have said it 10 times now. Go make a new thread and start yelling for the lite settings.

Keitosha likes this.
  9. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    And you are yelling for an optional installation feature which is unneeded for proper utilization.

As I said, I use 19.5.2 driver so my posts are legit. Go figure. Your fanboyism here is tragical.

You can't accept anything bad for AMD ever. Like they are gods or something. And as long as you lie for not being slow, you help bloatware. I do not allow AMD search my PC for 200 games. GTFO.

Stop worshipping mere humans. AMD makes mistakes.

10. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    oh boy....

11. Strange Times

GPU:
    RX 6600 XT
    AMD SUX REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

geko95gek, warlord and LocoDiceGR like this.
  12. Strange Times

GPU:
    RX 6600 XT
    driver only without settings best choice imo

warlord and RzrTrek like this.
  13. D1stRU3T0R

D1stRU3T0R Master Guru

GPU:
    8 GB
    Well he is actually right. They are talking about 19.5.2, even if it's lite or whatever. Also, it really feels more smooth, but i would be curious if its really bringing some improvements...

warlord likes this.
  14. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Part of the ReLive interface runs by default even without installing the full thing unless a few .dll files are renamed (The desktop overlay part and a service .dll) and there's some tasks and services set up (Including some legacy stuff for files long since removed that hasn't been cleaned up yet.) unless cleaned out before rebooting or starting Catalyst Settings but I find it odd that there would be a major difference in performance from a few less features other than the known thing about having a lot of game profiles and the interface slowdown resulting from that but I haven't actually tested or compared at all though it's interesting to read up on peoples reports about that and compared to the regular Catalyst Next control panel or settings software.

Nothing much to say about 19.5.2 itself, there's a profile for Total War Three Kingdoms for the power configuration and preferring dedicated GPU over integrated but that's about it profile wise and from a few days of testing in Division 2 and Assassin's Creed Odyssey primarily nothing really stands out, bit of RAGE 2 and Yakuza Kiwami 2 though only shorter sessions but no crashes or artifacts, glitches or problems with the driver, OS or the lower level VLK API from Rage 2 from what I can tell but that doesn't say much. Good to see additional fixes quickly following 19.5.1 and it's updates but there's probably more for AMD and it's GPU's both the VII and earlier.

Some memory leak in Firefox but that's a Firefox issue as it turns out affecting beta and nightly and probably the full version too now that it's also up to 67.0 though it shouldn't be a major problem.
    Start bar transparency too but I'm not too fussed about it myself but it's a thing on some systems at least and maybe this driver release fixed the lower max temp limits in Wattman now though I need to check but it might be for Polaris and before and not Vega and the VII / Rage as it was apparently called at one point before AMD had some policy on less aggressive naming and thus no more FURY or RAGE but the happy sounding VII (WEE!) or "SEVEN" or what it could be called instead. :D

There's probably more, I have a lot of things still that I don't know well at all and the info I can get out of the driver is pretty basic and simple. Few more months and I guess we'll start hearing more about Navi and also driver features and support for these cards both listed and unlisted in the release notes before the hardware itself comes out later this year.

EDIT: And Windows 10 1903 and it's state I suppose, up to .145 and another cumulative hotfix (EDIT: For insider rings for now with regular release up to .116 I think as the previous or non-insider cumulative update.) which also updated some of the DirectX system .dll files including DXGI.dll which I assume is related to the issue with full-screen support on tilted displays was it?

Well new version of Windows 10 and new version of the AMD drivers with the branch jump, WDDM 2.6 support and such, no doubt there are additional issues to fix for both but hopefully nothing too severe though well I can't really claim to know this particular subject well enough.

Last edited: May 25, 2019
    patteSatan, Embra, Jackalito and 3 others like this.
  15. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    If you do not need to control anything but app itself, yes leave barebone driver. Less hassle, more resources. But there comes lite version, is almost zero resource hog, it even doesn't appear to right click menu, feather light app blazingly fast launch and tabs changing instantly in settings. ;) Apolaush.

16. Boggus

Boggus Guest

GPU:
    Radeon VII
    Radeon settings overlay won't show at all with 19.5.2 and tried to play Doom 2016 but it crashes after a few minutes of play. This on a Radeon VII. Rolling back to 19.4.1.

17. Strange Times

GPU:
    RX 6600 XT
    + we have nice programs RadeonMod // OverdriveNTool

18. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    nvm waste of time

19. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    To end this off topic but useful option for true gamers and it is related because I repeat that I have 19.5.2 I have installed,

All my AMD services with Radeon Settings Lite included are only ~25mb. That's a pure gaming AMD rig. Not a resource hog system for nothing. Not useless features like all AMD's offerings. I do not need anything relive, rec, overlay and especially that bloated adware called radeon game advisor.

20. D1stRU3T0R

D1stRU3T0R Master Guru

GPU:
    8 GB
    I'm getting an error now if I'm trying to install the lite version wtf...
    0x803FB005

Last edited: May 25, 2019