Ryzen 3000: Zen-2 CPUs get JEDEC 3200 MHz Specification

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 24, 2019.

1. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    I already hit 4.3 stable on all cores with a simple all in one box liquid cooling kit on my 2700X. And was the first to show that ram could at least be bench stable at 3805 2 x 16 GB sticks back in November unstable for general use back then. People are now able to hit 4000 Mhz on their ram since all the bios updates. If you do not think AMD pays attentions to us overclockers and use our tweaks we post online you are sadly mistaken. While they also do their own things they do keep up with what the user base figures out and figures what they can incorporate.

Further it is already been already been demonstrated once you apply all the security fixes needed to all the many many intel chips they lose quite a bit of performance. If you fully implement the security you need by disabling Hyper Threading just think about it or I can if needed showing the testing and evaluations.

As I do though with all big releases leaks is to take them with a grain of salt, but generally the Ryzen leaks have all pretty much turned out to be true and as well know Ryzen+ was a huge leap forward over Ryzen. Now with the Ram speed decoupled from other things...we have seen specs"leaks" on at least one motherboard with 4400 (OC) speed. And we actually know the Ryzen 3000 will start with a 3200 Ram Jedec. See where I am going with this.

Just ran this...still tuning the newest bios I just installed today. Took the sceenshot while it was running.

[​IMG]

And just cause I can show it...notice my Vega 64 tearing up the graphics with memory timing tweaks with the new tool we now have.

[​IMG]

So in closing all things are possible. Let me add with windows 1903 my Physics and Combine scores also went up significantly.

Last edited: May 25, 2019
  2. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    I forgot I had this...from back in Nov 2018 when I hit bench stable 3830

[​IMG]

Hope this helps with showing the massive improvements they made from 1st generation to 2nd generation of Ryzen.

Last edited: May 25, 2019
    chispy likes this.
  3. Borys

Borys Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Gaming X
    So... its not necessary "imagination" to much... the TRUE REAL WORLD says it... ZEN2 at 7nm will be a HUGE JUMP from Zen+ (IPS) add DDR4 4000-4400MHZ will be FANTASTIC!

4. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    While some may consider me an extreme tweaker...but truth is the truth as you stated. People are really missing all the security patches needed now that adversely affect Intel CPUs for the last decade. They scuttle security and knew about it (IMO) for the sake of speed and market dominance. Why is it that bulldozer and piledriver cpus are not affected, hence now when you rerun bench comparing them they now come out the same..once security is addressed.

With the above said...that translates to a number of things..but in today world...it means in THE TRUE REAL WORLD...AMD only needs to pull out about 3% to 5% performance increase mainly with just the IPC. Which seems certain. Now my old FX 8120 is look pretty appealing over my Intel 6600K that I have laying around. Yes I hit on my FX 8120 5k Mhz back in the day on air. Proof https://valid.x86.fr/show_oc.php?id=2827933

As I am understanding but waiting to see what unfolds...with the ability to set separate clocks will be a huge thing for Ryzen. IE Ram speed is independent of the Infinity Fabric speeds.

While the the vast majority will not take advantage of all these options...I know I will certainly make use of these "advanced" changes.

5. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    That's actually very decent. The bandwidth scores in particular seem to be better than comparable Intel dual channel setups, but the latency is still quite a bit higher. This is how my 6900K at 4.2ghz with quad channel DDR4 3400 RAM compares. As you can see, Intel's ODMC is still quite a bit better overall as I'm running slower memory.

BTW, what kind of RAM are you using?

[​IMG]

I can't wait to see how Zen 2 compares with the memory bandwidth and latency. The much bigger L3 cache should help to offset a some of the latency costs associated with a non native memory controller, but by how much is anyone's guess.

I just want someone to leak something other than Cinebench scores, so we can better determine what kind of gaming CPU Zen 2 will be.

6. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Ask and ye shall receive I guess. Someone uploaded Geekbench scores for a low end Ryzen 3000 model, with 6 cores 12 threads and 16MB of L3 cache. It scored well, and averaged 14.2% faster than a 2700x in single thread:

Reddit

A higher end model with the full chiplet and 32MB of L3 cache would score even better I'd wager. As to how it compares to an Intel CPU, this Geekbench comparison shows it's right on par with Coffee Lake in terms of single thread performance:

Coffee Lake vs Zen 2

This bodes well for AMD in non gaming scenarios, but the jury is still out for gaming performance.
    [​IMG]

mohiuddin likes this.
  7. johnny87au

johnny87au Guest

This is a good thing considering AMD love faster memory unlike Intel! Wonder the actual performance boost when running benchmarks though!?

8. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    the funny part is that the memory will still much cost more then the CPU..

9. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    I wonder how older generation boards will handle memory speeds compared to an X570

10. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    C6H show settings up to 4200 MHz on Zen1..

11. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    This was expected and simply great and awesome news for this new chips :) , ddr4-4000Mhz anyone :D , bring it !

12. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    It just got announced. 4.6 on their highest end part. Have fun hitting even that. Told you, 5 is just pure imagination. We all know how well ryzen overclocks over the numbers they announce.