Google To End Cooperation With Huawei

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 20, 2019.

1. JOHN30011887

JOHN30011887 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070Ti
    I was saving for the p30 non pro but now il prob get the samsung s10 plus

If Huawei have to make there own Os for newer phones and are not able to have google services then thats a dealbreaker for me, id greatly miss google and youtube the most.
    Yes i could just access them through my opera browser app but thats not the same

As for my current android apps for gallery, music player etc i could still install them on a future Huawei phone i guess if theres option for unknown sources and allows apk files

Will wait and see if prices drop alot for the P30 Non pro version then i can debate what to do
    My current HTC U12 Life is ok atm but the camera is pure garbage so i wouldn't ever recommend htc anymore despite being with them for years

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  2. Mundosold

Mundosold Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE
    Liberals are programmed so hard to defend China, the most disgusting human-rights violating country of the world that has become unbelievably wealthy at our expense, due to the many politicians/assets China controls (especially the Dem party).

Good on Trump as usual for looking after the United States.

airbud7 likes this.
  3. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Google and Intel acted in accordance with orders from the US Gov't. Their decisions had nothing to do with how people in China are treated.

Saudi Arabia has no concern for human rights either.....

Brasky, airbud7 and schmidtbag like this.
  4. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Well Said!....let's not forget the global warming Freaks that put china above there own country.

while we're recycling they're dumping their their trash in the sea!.....bunch of Hypocrites.

5. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    What about installing a custom rom, say from xda, and then install play store, or side load apps?

I mean I have a phone where I have disabled play store, and just side load

6. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    *inserts popcorn in the microwave, hovering my finger over the Start button, waiting for things to get more political*

The hardware is primarily the issue. I'm sure Huawei (or someone else) could've contracted a 3rd party to handle the ROM if that were the main source of security concern.

7. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    What the hell guys. Didn't I give a warning on making this a political matter?

sverek likes this.
  8. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Some people just can't help but make every topic political..... Given the number of threads that have turned political over the last few years, it might be time to consider doing more than just warning people who can't leave politics out of threads....

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    its fairly hard not to, because it is basically an eco-political matter. i see the pro's and cons against it, more cons than anything, especially since its heavy government interference in business operations of an enterprise.

yasamoka likes this.
  10. Asgardi

Asgardi Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti OC
    Nothing will change for you. And me, a fellow P20 owner. And we have those for the same reason. They are the best phones on the market from last gen. And still are.

11. DLD

DLD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060 6GB
    @TieSKey: Right, god bless Guantanamo, the bastion of human rights! (Wait, should we credit it to Cuba since it's actually on their territory? o_O)

Best comment, ever on this Form!!!

12. TanarPeti

TanarPeti Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD6850 1GB
  13. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    The whole topic is about the politics. It's like opening a can of worms and asking people not to talk about it.

It's not people that not behaving, it's post itself. If you don't want to moderate sensitive news, don't post them in first place.

14. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Great just when i found the best phone ever to my uses(Mate 20 X).

15. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    How exactly is this not a political matter in the first place? We are supposed to exclusively discuss the technological aspect of the ban and intentionally avoid stepping into the real reason it was placed?

Political discussion over political topic. As long as people here remain respectful (and so far I haven't seen any violations of that), I don't see the problem.

16. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    The point of vbetts' comment is to avoid stuff like what Mundosold said: he wants to avoid people bickering over political alignment and getting derailed into something totally off-topic. I'm sure he's fine with people discussing the issues regarding the laws and policies surrounding the topic at hand, but he rightfully doesn't want people getting into stuff about Republicans vs Democrats or America vs China.

Contrary to what a lot of people believe, it is possible to have civilized political discussions where you don't shove your beliefs down people's throats and mock those who don't agree with you.

17. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Yes exactly!

But there's a reason why we do not allow political discussions. People cannot handle them and they get out of hand quick.

It's in the rules. It is as simple as that.

yasamoka likes this.
  18. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Oh, I get that, and I agree with you. But this topic will inevitably delve into Republicans vs. Democrats and America vs. China since that is directly related to this political decision, which is a US ban on a Chinese company due to a trade war (that emerged into the realm of the visible recently).

I get you. So far, though, there might be only a post or two that's flagrant (like the one Schmidtbag mentioned). It's not worth dumping such an important discussion over a post or two that goes too far.

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Theres a lot of questionable policy that the republicans have brought forward, and many of it has been shown (in history) to contribute negatively to the interests of the USA, but when it comes to foreign policy, the USA has their hand in every cookie jar and wants to influence all nations in some way or another for their capitalistic ideals.

Theres a sense of isolationism im getting from whats going on and thats not comforting....

If china wanted to infiltrate electronics on a grand scale they could have done it already, and no amount of bans would reign it in at this point.

20. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    When it is in the rules, yes it is.
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/political-war-oil-erotic-threads-will-be-closed-on-sight.85829/

https://forums.guru3d.com/help/terms

If people could have a political discussion without it getting out hand, then alright. But people can't. As the rule clearly states, the internet is a big place. This is not the place to do it.