Detroit: Become Human, Heavy Rain, and Beyond: Two Souls PC Launch Dates

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 17, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    cryohellinc likes this.
  2. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Great news, looking forward to finally seeing those games on PC.

3. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    Yet EA won't port NHL to PC because it's not financially viable...

4. DeathDealer175

DeathDealer175 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX2080ti
    Also good at the moment is you can pick the games up from the epic store sale;

Heavy Rain £5.99

Beyond Two Souls £5.99

Detroit Human £19.99

5. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Prices are good. I am getting heavy Rain as I was quite unhappy that it was console only (after playing Fahrenheit a.k.a. Indigo Prophecy years before).
    I did play Beyond Two Souls twice to the end on cousin's PS4 Pro and may get it too.

From colleague I know that Detroit is really good too. I may get it later. As I prefer not to spend much on Epic Store. But this studio makes so good games...

6. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    Their stories are great , but are they really games? I would call em interactive movies really!

7. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Well, you make decisions as in any other rpg game. And they have those reaction sequences. You walk around freely decide on what you do 1st from multiple options. Which may open/close another option. Sometimes waiting is option with consequences too.

Imagine that person never notices some object they can use and therefore story changes accordingly. Here more than in any other game, you make choices with consequences.
    Take GTA games, they may be open world, but you take quests which are tracked. And in most cases all those open world games are still tunnel games going towards one or two final resolutions which often end up being cosmetic.

Variability of choices and ends in Fahrenheit is really great. In Beyond Two Souls I played 1st game nicely while observing options. Then I played it as "Devil's Incarnate" or "Sith Lord". And even as I unleashed hell, I often did not get to worst possible outcomes, but I knew that there were those additional evil choices. (I simply picked other ones which at that time did not lead to most destruction.)

Venix likes this.
  8. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 VENTUS 10G
    How many emotions is people? :D

9. GamerNerves

GamerNerves Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Nitro+
    The graphics in Detroit: Become Human are really good. I was very impressed by Heavy Rain on PS3 back in time and haven't played it since, so I remember it as a pretty fancy looking game, but now watching this trailer there have been notable improvements from that. Big part of these games are the top notch graphics so I will wait for Detroit: Become Human and play that when it's available. Heavy Rain looks dated to me today and there is not much replay value to be had, though I recommend it anyway if you haven't played it. Beyond: Two Souls doesn't seem to tell my kind of story with it's weird supernatural stuff and the characters are not too believable either.

@Fox2232 You started your answer above: "Well, you make decisions as in any other rpg game". Are you serious? These games have nothing to do with RPGs. Ultima games are RPG's, Mass Effects are RPG's, Fallout games are RPG's (except the fourth one is much lesser one). Games where you just make choices that affect story are certainly not RPG's. RPG's are about building character roles, like one is an archer, one is a knight, one is a mage - you determine the strenghts and weaknesses of your character and play with them. RPGs do not require a role in development of the plot, those games are called story focused games like these Quantic Dream titles completely are. To be exact, I would call Bioshock a strory driven game, but not story focused, since the focus is clearly on action.

I hate to bring awful trash game The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt back on topic, but that is a perfect extraordinary example of what is not called an RPG, but just a storydriven action adventure game. This complain might seem like a nitpick, but I just want to avoid false marketing that for example CD Projekt does, which we will most likely witness again when Cyberpunk 2077 is sold as something else than it really is. There are really not too many new AAA-level RPG's available currently, but people think so because the meaning of RPG was watered down especially by The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, which might be an enjoyable game if you just like the story, but otherwise is just pure running around without any real character development. It is all about simple number boosts, which is far more narrow gameplay wise even compared to games like the latest Batman (Rocksteady) and Ratchet & Clank titles.

Last edited: May 18, 2019
  10. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Can you expand on exact meaning of RPG in this context? Then tell us who you play as in those games. Who's position you take? For who you make decisions?

11. GamerNerves

GamerNerves Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Nitro+
    Yes, I know you take the word 'role' meaning the protagonist and his role in the story, but I refer to the original concept of board games like Dungeons & Dragons. You think the modern way, I mirror the definiton on history. There is no problem about this difference, but it does cause confusion and false assumptions on a discussion forum like this, so I think my way of defining is the way to go.

Last edited: May 18, 2019
  12. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    This is coming out on PC and i have still not got around to playing it on the PS3. lol

13. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    @Fox2232 yes i know and i love the way they tell their story , still i can not see em as *games* , i saw playthrew s on all of em and the some alter endings i was never going to get a ps4/3 for em if i knew at least for the last one that it will come to pc i would have held .

14. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Only ever played Heavy Rain but what a game. Will be getting all of these on PC, finally.