Biostar Racing X570GT8 (Ryzen 3000) Motherboard Photo and Specs

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 13, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    pcie 4.0 and still no 10gbe... i bet if phones had ethernet they would be at 40gbe by now

3. GSDragoon

GSDragoon Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX 6800
    Nothing better than ALC1220 still? And what's wrong with chipset fans?

4. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Small fans make noise. Heatink -> Passive, let airflow inside the chassis do the rest.

Koniakki, Darkest, Aura89 and 2 others like this.

5. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    i wonder why the m2 slot listed as pci gen 4.0 x 4 lines is still listed as 32Gb/s

6. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    That is pretty weird seeing active cooling on the chipset. Part of me questions if AMD is pushing a tad too aggressively with their chipsets. I'd much rather use PCIe 3.0 than have another fan. Seems to me they had room to use a bigger and passive cooler. You have to sacrifice a lot of metal to include a fan.

7. We picking this board apart??? Cool. I would rather see dual 8-pin cpu power. I don't mind active cooling on chipset (especially if it runs way too hot with just heatsink) but if its a crappy, cheap fan that is gonna go out in under a year, then i will pass. Not the world's largest biostar fan anyways...

8. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    I don't think that's really necessary unless you plan to use LN on the 16-core model (in which case, you're probably not going to opt for Biostar). A 1950X overclocked to 4GHz is within the limits of a single 8-pin connector. Zen2 will most likely clock higher than a 1950X, but it also has a much less demanding chipset (and memory controller) while having the efficiency advantage of 7nm. So, I suspect people will hit thermal limits before they hit power limits.

9. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    On a CPU like Ryzen, 8+4 is already overkill really. Combined those two, and the ATX 24-pin, you can get 500W into the CPU. There will always be Extreme OC boards with even more connectors, but this isn't one of them.

For chipset cooling, advanced boards will hopefully use a heatpipe to get it to a cooler block with more space, and maybe get rid of one M.2 slot instead.

10. I agree with you both (especially with the part about not using biostar for extreme oc)......i'm just sayin, if this board had everything i wanted, it would have 2 x 8 pin cpu power. No such thing as too much power available. I never run anything anywhere close to max load if i can help it. I must admit it is nice to see a board that isn't lit up like a carnival ride.

11. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
  12. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    I actually like the northbridge/southbridge cooler on this as long as it's just rpms in the hundreds and not in the thousands. Hottest thing on my pc is the mobo chipset especially when i am watch high res streams. Even my GFX card sits at around 40C doing this but northbridge temp are 60+. Althought i'm told these chipsets can reach 80C no problem.

So not really an issue but i would like it to be lower while being passively cooled and only watching videos.

13. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Tbh the first time I saw the MSI X570 "teaser" photo, I thought it's SB heatsink below had or at least looked like it could house a small fan based on parallelogram mesh-ish like shape cutout at it's top and what it looks like vents below it. "Similarly" to ASUS Monstrosity Extreme SB heatsink.

https://i.**********/25zTwy5m/MSI-X570-ACEclean-SB.jpg

But who knows. It could even be a tiny OLED display. :p

So unless more X570 mobos surface with active cooling requirements for the SB chip, it could well just be a Biostar/ECS design thing.

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  14. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Some birdies say low end boards due to cost will have to go with passive and are likely to throttle with the high end processors and high end boards will all have to have active cooling.
    That 16 core is going to be quite thirsty. Just look at that 8+4pin, hungerly looking!

15. HWgeek

HWgeek Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6200 Turbo Fotce @500/600 8x1p
    If the new Zen 2.0 and X570 boards are OC friendly- then AMD gonna get massive amount of free publicity from the OC community and world wide OC competition events that all convert to AMD after 10 years that only Intel was used.
    For reference -if Ryzen 2700X could OC to ~6.65GHz then it could match 9900K@7GHz WR in CB R15, so zen 2.0 with 4000Mhz+ memory and ~10%IPC- you get the picture.
    Pluse, adding 16C to the competition, it's going to be more fun+ the hardware will be cheaper then HEDT X299 + it's i9 CPU's= more OC friendly.

Last edited: May 14, 2019
    chispy likes this.

16. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Disgusting chipset active cooling...

17. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    The fan should be optional for the higher Ryzen 2 versions above 8 cores.

18. SniperX

SniperX Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080S Trio
    Finally someone found a use for all the leftover Geforce FX coolers...

schmidtbag and HWgeek like this.
  19. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 SUP
    I'm pretty sure Biostar is famous for Memory over clocking...........

20. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    Biostar does not = AMD...;) There will be differences between x570 mboards--with some major differences here and there.