Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Mkilbride, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
  2. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Dumb and dumber strikes again... why the frack would she burn the entire city? The red keep, yes... but the entire city? Oh yeah, because she became the mad queen over night... apparently you go insane in the membrane just like that, and want to kill every person in sight... so procreating retarded...

Solfaur likes this.
  3. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    I was watching it earlier and the way Dany just went off kilter sorta didn't make sense. I'd expect that she'd retain a modicum of her old self and not wholesale embrace this mad queen persona.....last episode would probably focus on her break from the rest of her allies......political infighting and whatnot. I have no doubt that whatever happens to resolve the infighting, Dany's gonna die as a result of it. Not the way I'd envisioned the end though (I'd believed that the Night King was the big bad).......overall, everything seemed so rushed.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  4. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Yep, rushed and badly written, cause the show writers are focused on writing the next star wars trilogy...

5. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    "She's really strong" [in the making of], wins the war yet starts to turn it into ashes. She's in her own words unloved in Westeros but it's not she has not been unloved before, she was left in the desert to die.
    Seems like this was more to turn it into a spectacle than anything else, or an allegory on the foolishness of war but in reality since Arya's abilities were known she could have been sent alone to kill Cersei and Euron.

This also means that the leaks were true. It's possible to know who ends up in the iron throne, or rather what is left of it.

Best scenes by Tyrion with his brother and Cersei with his brother. Arya is now truly damaged, PTSD should be certain.
    I liked that the Frankeinstein's monster killed Frankenstein too.

Some of the best episode commentary can be found here:
    https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2019/05/game-thrones-season-8-episode-5-review/

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  6. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Well, another Targaryen going mental. Not sure if i'm terrible person or not, but i have a bunch of character that i wanna see suffer for what they've done, and not get away with an easy peaceful death :eek:

I still wish for Arya to cut Cersei head off to avenge his father (of course she's alive), but Daenerys cannot get away with this slaughter.

[​IMG]

7. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    This episode was rather great. 10 x better then the night walker battle thats for sure.

I only think the dragon was waaaaaaaayyy to overpowered , suddenly it can blast away huge structures. reach level 9999 much dragon ?!?
    Cercei deserved a better ending. i liked the fights what was going on.

Looking forward to the next episode since we all know what is gonna happen now :D

btw anyone know what those green explosions where ?

XenthorX likes this.
  8. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    The way they are ending this is so ridiculous, i basically couldn't care less who gets what... for all i care the ending could be that dany sets entire westeros ablaze... actually i would like that more than any other possible ending at this point, because if she is truly the mad queen, then she might aswell go all out.

But the ones who deserves to suffer for what they have done is dumb and dumber... preferably getting their retarded heads cut off... although that will have to be our IRL off-screen ending...

Solfaur likes this.
  9. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    The green were hidden stashes of wild fire... which cersei would have used, if she had stayed true to character... instead she just stands and cries... good job dumb and dumber...

WhiteLightning likes this.
  10. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    Remnants of wildfire. I would have MUCH rather seen that Dany tries to take King's Landing without a lot of bloodshed but the dragonfire causes massive wildfire to break out and that people will blame her for that.
    That would make it almost impossible for her to get the throne even though she could easily implement policies which are better than Cersei's.
    This could turn Dany mad, but nowhere near actual power. All of it for nothing, all those years, it all failed. Remember that Melisandre was pretty much a mess for a long time after Stannis prophecy failed?
    And on top of it she could actually have been pregnant and given birth to a truly mad Targaryan, being that she and Jon are rather closely related..

WhiteLightning likes this.

11. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070

yeah she can add "Slayer of the Innocent" to the titles she has :D

XenthorX likes this.
  12. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    It would demonstrate that having good intentions is not always enough and what the hunger of power can cause.

Gotta agree a lot with this though, her decay came way too fast especially considering what she has been doing all these years.

13. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Way too fast? More like out of nowhere... what would have made sense is : "this bitch killed my loved ones, i am going to kill her!" And she burns down the red keep, roasting cersei.

But instead it is "this bitch killed my loved ones, im going to kill every person in sight... even all the civilians who had nothing to do with it... the people i came to liberate from cersei...because bad script" /facepalm

14. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    Well, not even that really. She aims to live there right? I repeat that the best idea they could have had is to send Arya there disguised to take out Cersei as well as Euron, that she can do these things should be knowledge for the many "great" leaders and "smart" people that want to rule. GRRM, hurry up!

Solfaur and Dragam1337 like this.
  15. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    That's what i am saying... dumb and dumber have made the entire season nonsensical, with everyone acting out of character, and everything and everyone getting stupider and stupider. It started when they departed from the books, but oh boy is it evident this season...

But from what had happened in previous episodes, it did not at all make sense that dany wanted to burn down the entirety of kings landing... it did however make sense for her to burn down the red keep, containing all the people that she wants dead.

Solfaur likes this.

16. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    I don't think she needs to, it would be better to capture Cersei and create a trial and make a show out of it. This ends a cruel era, a new age is now coming... I can't for any second buy into her not thinking that she can't turn the people around to like her. Heck, the war against the NK alone should be an easy sell.
    "First I came for the NK, then I came for Cersei..but before that I freed slaves, liberated them from the slave masters, I provided weapons to kill the others etc "
    Her story is not difficult to sell.

Solfaur likes this.
  17. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I agree, but what i am saying is that i can totally understand why she wanted to burn cersei... if someone killed my best friend like that, and one of my children, and i had a massive dragon, you can bet your arse that person would burn... but i wouldn't burn the entire city that the person lived in... because why would i? It makes absolutely no sense... nor does it for dany to burn entire kings landing.

XenthorX and Solfaur like this.
  18. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I'm glad I read the spoilers, spared me any disappointments I might have had left (though I doubt it). There was 0 reason, 0 to turn Dany into a maniac out of the procreating blue like that. What the actual frack. o_O

As for Drogon, they didn't even bother with my idea of having him in some sort of armor, they just gave him ~ /godmode ON, it's like the last dragon was a complete imbecile, or the Iron Fleet had aimmode ON, now they just changed who was having cheats activated. So retarded, killing everybody for NO REASON, AFTER they surrendered?!!??!!? I could have understood some sort of trigger, like a ballista flying or somebody throwing a rock, SOMETHING ffs! But nooooo... BBQ TIME WOHOOOOOOOO! And holy crap I don't even want to know the costs of the CGI in this episode, money thrown away, money that could have made meaningful, decent episodes. frack that - EXPLOSIOOOOOONS!!!!

Anyway, I'm not ashamed of admitting that I liked the much anticipated and wanted Clegane bowl, even though it has some annoying as frack cuts to Arya running in between. Yes, it was fan service, yes it might have been a bit on the cheesy side, but I liked it. It was literally the only scene that I truly liked this whole damn season.

But yeah, other than that, complete shitshow, utter disappointment, and I can't wait for Sunday/Monday to be done with it...

Dragam1337 and Kaleid like this.
  19. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
  20. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt