GTX 1080TI FE WB vs RTX 2080TI AORUS EXT WB

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Shinobi84, May 9, 2019.

1. Shinobi84

Shinobi84 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI AorusExW
    Hi guys,

recently i sell my ex 1080ti fe with ek wb...i play games on 1440p 165hz and ive orded the RTX 2080TI AORUS EXT WB...how many fps i gain on that resolution in games?Do you have an idea?

Thanks

o_O

2. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    google a versus of the cards?

3. Shinobi84

Shinobi84 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI AorusExW
    the question is if upgrade worth or not!

4. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    not for the price difference at this time no. Besides I don't know what you play? so how can I say?

5. Shinobi84

Shinobi84 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI AorusExW
    actually all type of games...i sell my card as new with 800€ and the card i wanna buy with wb sit on 1500€ on amazon...fast FPS...moba...driving...gdr...all!

6. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    If you have the money and high fps is important to you then yes, its worth it. I would love to upgrade from my 1080ti but the price is too much at this time. Having said that, if I had the disposable income, I probably would do it anyways as I game on a 120hz UW 144op monitor and the extra 15-30 fps would be extremely welcome. Its your choice man, either make it happen or wait until the next launch.

7. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Not worth it my friend.

I would have kept that 1080ti and if possible, Grab a second one.

The price to performance difference ratio compared to the 1080ti = NOT WORTH IT.

Equip that bad boy with XOC bios or Shunt Mod = King(Price to performance ratio)

This is what keeps pushing me back from getting a 2080ti. Holding back.

Flash it XOC bios, Make sure you have one hell of a psu to keep it under check, Sucker is still a beast.

But before you do XOC bios, Start slowly in increasing the TDP through CMD feature, if that don't work, use the EVGA FTW3 330w bios(careful when doing bios flashing) if that doesn't help, use XOC(No power Limit Bios), This bypasses all power throttling, whatever the card needs in terms of power, it will give it no matter what so be very careful, start slowly.

Personally I would strongly be advised to stay away from this bios as XOC bios is absolutely no joke, if you want to take this route, Start from the beginning by increasing the tdp slowly, Only use XOC as a last resort if all others don't work, and be highly advised what your getting into, XOC is NOTHING to be played around with, full load = 550w of power, just the card itself, Extra Caution is strongly advised.

Take a look at this site:

The first link is a crypto-mining site but still same still applies:

https://cryptomining-blog.com/tag/nvidia-tdp-limit-nvidia-power-limit/

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios...X+1080+Ti&interface=&memType=&memSize=&since=

& this one:

https://www.overclock.net/forum/69-nvidia/1627212-how-flash-different-bios-your-1080-ti.html

Can virtually run any game @ 4k basically no problems, not all 60fps but you get it what I am saying.

And yes If I can run 30+ fps under 8k(4800p) with 2 1080ti with Xoc bios, its still a beast.

LOL just one 1080ti with cod: Infinite Warefare, 8k(4800p), Max in-game settings, Game Is very playable, 30 fps+, in certain instances close to 50 fps, JUST ONE CARD @ 8k!!!.

So yes, Very Strong card even now.

Last edited: May 20, 2019