[RUMOUR] Assasins Creed Ragnarok in 2020

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 6, 2019.

1. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Rumour alert everyone. It appears that the first details for the next Assassin’s Creed game have been leaked. According to the leak, the next AC game will be called Assassin’s Creed Ragnarok, will release in 2020, and will be a cross-gen title (meaning that it will hit both current and next generation platforms).

In this AC game – which was codenamed Assassin’s Creed Kingdom – players will assume the role of an ally of Ragnar Lodbrok that will aid in the formation of Great Heathen Army.

"The game’s map is split into several kingdoms encompassing all of Great Britain, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, and Finland."

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/rumo...creed-ragnarok-first-details-and-screenshots/

emperorsfist likes this.
  2. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    You know, they could just get rid of the "Assassin" stuff. Ubi's easier blend of Witcher 3 and Dark Souls mechanics works much better than the clunky control scheme of the previous titles. Now they just need to ditch the long overstayed "Assassin" plotline, since they're doing Vikings now (mind you, this isn't me being snide, I wouldn't care at all).

Still, it kinda feels that the scope of the game is "too big" if you get my meaning.

Dragam1337 and Kolt like this.
  3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Hmm wonder how large the map will be with all that in there.

Could be fun, could be "?" all over the map again maybe bringing back some historical locations and the codex stuff again but we'll see. Time to trade and befriend the English! ("Not really.")
    Ally of Ragnar so Male and Female choice again I suppose and probably some lil' arse somewhere trading Ragna-Rocks for premium Ass-Guard gear...Yeah that's definitively in there in some form.

EDIT: Hmm seems people are complaining about the visuals.

[​IMG]

That's one of the earlier leaked images from AC Unity.

Think there exists others too such as for AC3 but it could be straight from the map editor and early alpha prototype builds.

Mostly just as a show for how the not-ready-for-media images of work in progress games can look like before the fancy presentation trailer. :D

EDIT: or AC Empire (Origins)

[​IMG]

(Probably taken with a phone or similar from a presentation.)

Last edited: May 6, 2019
  4. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    another confirmed fake courtesy of 4chan the screens all taken from a unity engine demo im not expecting another AC game until at least 2021 which is a number feels very odd to write lol

soz about that everyone

cerebus23 likes this.

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Eh it happens, we've had Legion and Ragnarock now with that teaser for "Creed Vikings" in The Division 2 (Well the poster just said Valhalla.) renewing rumors for that being the next installment with a expected gap of a year or so in development even if Ubisoft has multiple studios and projects overlapping. :D
    (To the extent of I think it's six or seven studios having worked on Assassin's Creed titles by this point beyond Ubisoft Montreal.)

[​IMG]

(Apple iconography isn't quite visible in this image though.)

[​IMG]

(Bit better of a closeup. Also these are via Euro-Gamer.)

6. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I'm surprised that they skip an AC set in Roman Republic/Empire, already looked forward to the recreation of Rome in the new engine and while it was historically at its peak. I won't mind a viking setting though.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  7. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I'm only 7hours in AC:Odyssey, they can take their time for the next one as i wont be done for a while !

Stone Gargoyle likes this.
  8. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 TI FTW UL
    Took me 200 hours just to finish the main game lol.

Solfaur and XenthorX like this.
  9. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Jeez, the only game i put more than 100h in over the last 4 years is Rainbow Six Siege.

10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    AC:Origins took me 75hrs to complete including the first DLC and when I started playing Odyssey I understood pretty quick that it would take north of 100+ hours to complete that game, which is why I haven't played it very much since :)

XenthorX likes this.

11. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Wasnt this proven to be fake?
    I think I've read it somewhere that this rumor came from 4chan and that a posted screenshot came from an unity game.

12. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    4chan branching out.