Download: MSI Afterburner 4.6.2 Beta 1

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 6, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    A few weeks ago we released MSI Afterburner 4.6.1 Final, as such, it is now time to start up a new chapter in develoment. Today we release MSI Afterburner 4.6.2 Beta 1. The new Beta is all about addi...

Download: MSI Afterburner 4.6.2 Beta 1

chispy likes this.
  2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Please keep in mind the following things when using new Steampunked skin:

4.6.2 is optimized to improve performance of background animation rendering of new Steampunked skin, however skin animation can still be rather performance hungry on old slow CPUs. So keep your eyes on CPU usage when using this skin, and if it is too high for you, you may try to do the following things to reduce it:

- Set skin composition mode to "layered with colorkey" (the fastest one) if you were using "layered with alpha" mode. Layered skin composition mode with alpha channel is the slowest one and the most CPU hungry due to using per-pixel transparency
    - Reduce skin scaling factor in UI properties of MSI AB, higher skin scaling values cause higher CPU load
    - Disable animation completely, currently there is no dedicated option for it in GUI, however you can do it via editing the config and setting EnableAnimatedIndicators to 0

M300 and chispy like this.
  3. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Love the new Steampunk skin with the skin scaling it is great.Of course MSI Afterburner is one of the must have tools for gamers.
    Thanks for sharing and I hope some people actually read what Unwinder has asked but I am sure that noone will.

4. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Any chance you could add an option for a sound playing when you take a screenshot @Unwinder ?

5. Unwinder

No promises, but I’ll think about it.

Amaze likes this.
  6. Y0!

Y0! Active Member

GPU:
    Intel HD
    Hello, it cannot draw graphs in the DX9 mode, can it?

7. Unwinder

Of course it can.

8. Nero1024

Nero1024 Member

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 2080Ti
    Hello. Thanks for your awesome program. There are some issues with voltage/frequency curve editor. For some reason, curve values changes by itself slightly from time to time. Even when I try to load profile, values can alter slightly. Have to change them back manually every time and save, but it doesn't help, they slightly change over time. Also, can you please make minimal voltages lower if possible? 500 mV would be nice <3

9. Unwinder

Ask google about GPU Boost, you're misunderstanding its basic principles. There are no issues with editor, that's by design of GPU boost to change base clock depending on temperature. And that's reflected in context help.
    On minimal voltages: peek into release notes please, it is already adjustable by user via .cfg.

10. Nero1024

Nero1024 Member

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 2080Ti
    No, I don't mean boost values, I mean the CURVE. Curve I draw in your software changes by itself sligthly over time. It's supposed to be a template, right?

11. Unwinder

Once again, you're misunderstanding the basics. Curve is NOT supposed to be static, you ABSOLUTLELY cannot expect to see fixed clock for some voltage point. The only thing that is supposed to be static is clock frequency offset, base clock value is changing depending on thermal environment. Please use some time on searching and reading, it was discussed a lot of times and it is not fun to repeat and explain the same things over and over again.

12. Nero1024

Nero1024 Member

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 2080Ti
    Ok. Thanks for clarifying)))

13. Y0!

Y0! Active Member

GPU:
    Intel HD
  14. Unwinder

This is issue with your system and I cannot help you with that, sorry. It is MSI Afterburner, not Intel Afterburner.

15. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Thanks for all of your hard work unwinder, Been a huge fan ever since the good ol' rivatuner back in the days, Much Thanks.

16. M300

M300 Guest

GPU:
    R9 Fury
    Thank you!

One question, how do i enable Vulkan support (OSD) It seems to be temperamental, works in DOOM but not in Dota 2 under Vulkan renderer.

17. Unwinder

Solution is available in this post.

M300 likes this.
  18. M300

M300 Guest

GPU:
    R9 Fury
    Much appreciated, thank you.