Borderlands 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scaredchimp, Mar 27, 2019.

1. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    That's a lot of digital ink spilled over something that you've never played and don't care about. Unlike you, I've played the series extensively (including 800+ hours in BL2) and have thoroughly enjoyed the experience, why is why I'm looking forward to the third (main) installment.

Frankly, I don't care what their CEO says, nor do I care about the company's previous failures. All I care about is that a new Borderlands game is going to be released soon.

2. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    We don't know if Randy and "Mr. Eddings" liked each other. Randy was the boss, he asked Eddings to do a job and Eddings did it withing his job role, clearly.

But now he's not an employee, he wants to get paid and Randy said no. So that's that. There clearly was a lot of friction we have no idea about. I'm not defending Randy or Eddings. But honestly, we don't know. Battling it out on Twitter is childish and no human in a high position should ever stoop to that level, that's for sure. But for all we know, we know nothing.

This is nothing but laundering your soiled pants out in the wide open. Randy is guilty of getting involved, 100%. But maybe he is just a unicorn that won't stand for any BS. Who knows.

3. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Sooo not a big fan then?

I don't think that's what happened, a lot of people seem to believe he was asked to do it for nothing, Eddings statements come across as that but the statements from GB seem to suggest he was offered a fee that would have been in keeping with what any other VA doing the role would have gotten and Edding believed he was worth more than whatever it was GB was offering. The issue though is that Randy is easy to goad, I mean just look at how someone like Jim Sterling has managed to get under his skin.

As selfish as it sounds I am in the same boat. BL2 is one of my most played games and I've waited 5 years for a new BL game that wasn't the Presequel and as long as all this fluff doesn't actually affect the final finished product then really what does it matter. I mean if the biggest sh*t storms we get around this game are were it is being sold and Rand P being a total spanner on twitter then great because it could be worse and we could end up with another Anthem.

cerebus23 likes this.
  4. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    the black hole that is randy grows ever deeper

Latest Borderlands 3 controversy involves an alleged physical assault against former Claptrap voice actor

The original Claptrap voice actor accuses Randy Pitchford.

[​IMG]

David Eddings @davideddings

I ultimately offered to do it for “free” in exchange for past royalties owed plus an apology for something I’ve never spoken about publicly until now: Randy physically assaulted me in the lobby of the Marriott Marquis at GDC 2017.

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/latest-b...-assault-against-former-claptrap-voice-actor/

Kolt and Darkest like this.

5. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I saw this earlier.

From what I've seen from Pitchford he's extremely highly strung and very much prone to outbursts of anger, whether or not this has translated into physical violence is another thing entirely. I can personally believe that it happened, but I still feel that Pitchford should be given the benefit of the doubt until there's more supporting evidence. It begs the question as to why Eddings was silent at the time it happened, although it may have been out of concerns for his long term career.

Regardless, I imagine the general consensus will be that Randy is guilty. As I said he's prone to outbursts and has a history of duplicity, he certainly hasn't endeared himself to the community.

Kolt likes this.
  6. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    as much as randy has lied though yo....

yea i am sure THIS time he is telling the truth.

bitchford is a walking talking liability that pisses people off. he needs gone does not matter if he tripped over the truth this one time, all the other time he has lied, passed the buck by blaming others, shifting the focus.

if i and many other had to lay odd in this he said he said thing well duh one guy has a long history of lying vs the other guy i know jack about, and the only reason he spoke up was because bitchford had to attack that article, and attack the actor in the process.

LIABILITY

7. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    how bout culpability a word Randy clearly has no knowledge of

Kolt and cerebus23 like this.
  8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    You're not a fan of australian humor then i take it.

9. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Someone at Gearbox needs to remove Pitchfords online social media privileges until they get BL3 out the door. Lol

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I feel like whoever that person would be might get fired for some reason.

11. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I'm not a fan of humor that is yelled at you.
    It's a big complaint of mine with BL2's humor, this writing that seems to think if a character yells everything he says... he's funny.

It's really not.

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Ah, i was about to say, the humor differs between BL2 and BLPS because PS was done in an australian studio with influence from the US writers.

13. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    update on the allege assault

One of the incidents Eddings describes in the interview sounds like an attempt at playful (albeit wholly inappropriate) horseplay: While he waited in a sound booth to perform as Claptrap as part of a studio tour for former 2K Games president Christoph Hartmann, Pitchford entered the booth, pulled off Eddings' headphones, and gave him a wet willy. After that, "he jumped back and he tackled me," Eddings said. "Christoph and I are looking at each other like, what just happened?"

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/former-claptrap-voice-actor-details-randy-pitchford-assault-allegations/

wtf randy how old r u like 10???

JonasBeckman and Darkest like this.
  14. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    well it has been corrected in the article.

Update: The Newsweek report initially said Pitchford "tackled" Eddings after giving him the wet willy. It has since corrected the statement to say Pitchford "cackled" at him.

cackle
    verb [ I ] uk /ˈkæk.əl/ us /ˈkæk.əl/
    loud, unpleasant sound of a chicken:

The hens cackled in alarm.

laugh in a loud, high voice:

A group of women were cackling in a corner.
    a cackling witch

I do not know what is worse though lol

15. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Could you guys perhaps make a separate thread just for Randy Pitchford?

Everytime this thread pops up i'm thinking there might be actual news about the game. But nope, it's either Pitchford or Craptrap anger spewing.

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    That's pretty much all the news has been about regarding Borderlands 3 lately though...

Darkest and Kolt like this.
  17. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    There isn't much else to talk about lol. If he wasn't being weird, the thread would've stayed dead for a while. Someone should change his twitter password for gearbox's own sake :p

cerebus23 and Kolt like this.
  18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    This is kind of weird, Randy tweeted this, then deleted the tweet, and now Borderlands 3 is no longer available for pre-order on epic.

[​IMG]

Kolt and cerebus23 like this.
  19. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    what isnt wierd cringy or criminal about bitchford.

maybe the latest scandals will finally sink his use car salesman arse.

Kolt likes this.
  20. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Must be same as the other new games. The publisher isn't interested in a sale before the game is released. The whole thing is weird. Steam keys would be sold at a discount on legit sites like GMG because the keys are generated for free and the discount came from what would've been valve's share. I prepurchased BL2 from GMG for $37 back in the day. That's lower than the $10 discount over here and Epic's footing the discount.

Dunno what's the problem tbh. Maybe it's easier to do all this when you're going up from a 70% share (steam) v/s going down from a 88% share (epic)? Still, can't say I'm not amused lol.

Last edited: May 18, 2019