Mozilla Firefox, new releases, Add-Ons, tips for customisation Part 2

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by vbetts, Sep 24, 2018.

1. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
  2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
  3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I never noticed an issue

4. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    I noticed if you want to see if you got the hotfix, CCleaner list it under bowser plugin's, there are probably other ways too but this is simple if you happen to have CCleaner.

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    and this is why i will never support mozilla's bs addon signing policy that.

6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
  7. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    This is going to be known as The Day Firefox Lost A Crapton Of Users And Ad Revenue On Ad-Supported Sites Saw A Huge Spike.

JonasBeckman, -Tj- and eGGroLLiO like this.
  8. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Okay folks, anyone got any suggestions as to alternatives to Firefox that will do all the extensions stuff? I've given them till tomorrow to get this nonsense sorted and then I am jumping ship just need to find something that will do the job.

Waterfox is one suggestion I've seen, any feed back?

9. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Fully compatible with FF extensions and by an anti-malware company, more secure.
    https://www.comodo.com/home/browsers-toolbars/icedragon-browser.php

10. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    In the previous page I posted an easy workaround. It re-enables all extensions for 24 hours every time you do it.

eGGroLLiO likes this.

11. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    I had this cert. issue while on YT last night, all of a sudden, i got the pop up about an add-on being disabled, and found it was uBlock, as starting getting ads everywhere :D

I was doing the about:debugging fix at first, then i did the studies one, to perm. fix it :)

12. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Fair play, but you then have Mozilla saying not to do these hot fixes as it may end up messing about with whatever fix they roll out.

The issue is not so much fixing it it's more a lose of faith as

1). This should never have happened and
    2). It should have been fixed by now.

13. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Permanent fix is out (i think, as no release notes at present), as v66.0.4 is out, just came through :)

14. Susahamat

Susahamat Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060ti
  15. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    The web finally works as intended again with full encryption, minimal tracking and no ads. Thanks Mozilla for undoing your mess.

Susahamat likes this.

16. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Finally a fix. I feel sorry for those that rely on browser adblocking. Hopefully this never happens again.

17. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Yup fixed, lucky me I even got the opportunity to have to redownload and reinstall my add ons. So that was fun.

18. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Seems all the FF based forks (waterfox, ice dragon, etc) were affected by the addons bug too, although a delayed affect which only seemed to happen in last day or so. Just as 66.0.4 rolled out fortunately. Hope they get sorted as I need a reliable FF based alternative which at times I need to run concurrently with FF.

19. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    i dont know i never had such issues then again I have 2 addons ublock origins and cookie autodelete.

I thought all the forks stoped at like 56.xx builds which why i stopd using cyberfox and waterfox?

I tried to check that out page dont load, I do use comodo from time to time for dns servers, but I been using 1.1.1.1 I have all my devices running off it now. if I could change my router to use 1.1.1.1 I would, only thing its it missing is abliitly to block stuff like opendns., but that might contribute to why it is faster then them

Pretty sure Avast has "secure" browser too no clue what is is based I never used it

Last edited: May 6, 2019
  20. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Before I knew that the issue was widespread, I made a new profile and was moving PW's, data from an old Palemoon which I used as the default for like 5+ yrs.
    two things, one the extensions were working but second I noticed right away how much faster FF is compared to old Palemoon, all the FF.exe instances I am sure help with that.

PS: Maybe the extensions would have stopped if I ran it long enough, I only had it running a few mins.