Amd Radeon 6950 Toxic Edition Drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Inked, May 6, 2019.

1. Inked

Inked Guest

GPU:
    Amd
    Hi guys

Official support ended for this graphics card a while ago but I was wondering if anyone knew of any third party drivers for it?

I know a lot of you will say it's time to upgrade my graphics card but I really like this card....lol

2. Exodite

Exodite Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    The last official AMD drivers supporting the 6950 seem to be 15.7.1 WHQL/16.2.1 Beta.

Do those drivers cause any particular issues with your setup? If not I'd probably stick to those. :)

3. Inked

Inked Guest

GPU:
    Amd

Thanks for the reply

Yes 16.2.1 is what I'm using at the moment.

I'm sure I've seen a few unofficial graphics card drivers so I thought I would ask if there was any for this one .

4. Exodite

Exodite Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    It's probably possible to mod later drivers into working with the card and I'm confident searching here on the forum would get you part of the way there, I admit it's not something I know much about offhand.

I can see exploring that just for the fun of it but I doubt it'll add anything new or result in any real performance uplifts for the card though, hence why I'd advice sticking to the official ones unless they're causing issues on your end.

YMMV. :)

5. D1stRU3T0R

D1stRU3T0R Master Guru

GPU:
    8 GB
    16.2.1 BETA is the best for these cards :) They are still a beast tho