Borderlands 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scaredchimp, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    It's always the same people trying to start stuff.. can we just stop? I know I'm at the point personally where I'm just starting to block people..

People need to not take things so personally when someone makes an opinion they don't like. Seriously just gtfo these forums if you don't like it. If you look closely you'll see that Darkest wasn't being too critical or personal to anyone at all at first.. someone else on the other hand..

AsiJu, lucidus and Darkest like this.
  2. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I was gonna replay BL2 and actually got pretty fed up with how annoying Claptrap sounds.

Kolt likes this.
  3. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Haha I'm glad I'm not the only one :p

4. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    [​IMG]

5. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Not sure what you are implying. If you are implying that you are trying to trick people into arguing with you somehow as a joke, then that would be called trolling and I would assume the mods might want to do something about that.. either way man, just chill.. we're all techy gamers here just trying to enjoy games and such and I don't think many people actually want to argue over and over.

6. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Is THAT what you took from the picture... well okay. Um I'll just say what I was going to say before I opted for the Akbar picture hoping that it would be a little more amusing and less confrontational.

Your last post is odd and seems almost like it was designed to bait me in to a 'debate' over the content about the last few posts. Something I really am not going to bother with.

7. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    No, not really.. it was just hard for me to tell what you were going for there. Your attitude in the other posts seemed like it was more maliciously toned so I had a hard time seeing the amusing side of it and based off that alone it seemed like it was more negative. I wasn't sure what you were implying to be honest, so that's why I started with that statement. I'm also not trying to bait you into anything. I was serious and genuine in saying that you (and really everyone including myself) should just chill and that no one wants to argue here. These forums get too aggressive for no reason at times..

8. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    No malice intended, glib and off hand maybe but statements are taken with their literal meaning by certain people in these forums, myself included, as it is often difficult to portrait the subtle meaning of what you are trying to say in a simple post.

Kolt likes this.
  9. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Statements are taken seriously in a forum because you are reading them, and interrupt them how ever your mind feels they should be.
    Sarcasm, and off cuff comments don't translate through written word.

Subtlety doesn't translate well.
    And, it sadly seems some people are much quicker to jump to a defensive end instead of simply ignoring or moving on.
    Not everything needs to be a debate.

Kolt likes this.
  10. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Both of you are right. It's hard to read sarcasm and certain subtle meanings sometimes. Let's just agree on that and make this about Borderlands 3 again ;)

11. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
    In other news... I'm looking forward to Borderlands 3. :)

Kolt likes this.
  12. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Hey now I want to have a debate about that.... ;)

Borderlands 3.. oh yeah

The guy mentions gore, would I be right in saying that slag weapons aren't in BL3, no more watching bad guys melt in to puddles.

Kolt likes this.
  13. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah, they've said Slag won't be in BL3.

14. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    and there i was about to post the video for let the sun shine in but glad you are all sorted aaaaanywaaaaaay was i the only one who enjoyed the pre-sequel???

15. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    i wont pay because claptrap and dubstep and gearcox, and meh looter shooters get boring period. same way looter dungon crawlers get boring, ohh loot shiny loot, now i can kill that boss % percent faster, woo.

but hey it is MY opinion. But i am happy there others find claptrap so fing annoying that i would mod him out of the game if i could or lest make the F killable.

Do not find him funny AT ALL. he grates more than the crubstep garbage and that is sort of amazing, because i would have not thought that possible.

16. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    My friend and I bought it a while back to try it out, but no matter what we tried whoever was not hosting the game would have this horrible lag when you stop moving. You would slightly rubber-band only when you stopped moving. We tried many different things, like DMZ enabled on both sides for example, and yet we just couldn't get that rubber-band lag to go away. That being said I've only seen about 15 minutes of the game lol.

If anyone knows the fix for that let me know. We both Googled all around and have come short on getting it fixed. I have a feeling it's something weird with his ISP or router.

17. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I tried.
    Being a moderator at GBX I was given a copy of the Pre-Sequel, and was very excited when it arrived in the mail.

Jumped right into it, but, I just did not enjoy it.
    The level design, the writing... I found it all very off putting.

18. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    But isn't that a side effect of what the likes of Destiny and Anthem have turned looter shooters in to? The loot in BL games has always been pretty silly and different from loot to loot. Very much less about this does .02% more damage and more about this gun is total rubbish but it screams every time I shoot it. Would I be right that they have also dropped the Dubstep. The reveal video wasn't Dubstep was it?

Any idea why, they were pretty cool, at least the melting bad guys with them effect was.

19. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    For me, it had more to do with the selection of characters. I did not like that it had Wilhelm and Nisha, two characters that would die in BL2 (it's hard to get invested in such characters), and was annoyed by the inclusion of a Claptrap bot. Little surprise that I chose to play as Athena and no one else.

I felt the presequel was a kind of DLC or a spin-off of sorts. Hopefully, BL3 lives up to the hype.

20. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    do i care about what music they use in trailers? naw if it bothers me i mute it. nor have i ever cared about borderlands to watch a trailer.

I got bl one for free on steam not played it,

i got the remastered free on steam because i got the first one free not even installed it.

Got the telltale borderlands game series free on gog, Not played it.

Do i care about borderlands? not anymore than it was the same studio that presided over colonial marines debacle and duke nuke em forever, and outright lied to consumers.

But bl3 drops and none of the sheepie recall the bullshit streaming out of dickfords spewing bs mouth. that is what i think of their leader. guy is scum used car salesman that made it big due to selling his soul to the devil or something.

i wish this game would burn, but i know it wont.