Agents of Shield, Anyone still watching ?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by WhiteLightning, May 10, 2017.

1. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Well in a week that not saw not one but two very large kick in the balls with the both Lucifer and The Expanse being canned (then again Syfi are five star bell ends, so should I be shocked too see something as highly rated as The Expanse being canned?) anyway back on schedule, it seems AOS will be getting a sixth albeit delayed and shorter season. AOS, will return some time in the summer of 2019 (putting it after the events of Avengers 4) and will have a much shorter 13 episode run, so it seems fans of the show will at leastget some sort of close to the show, unlike fans of The Expanse and Lucifer. (did I mention Syfi can go f*ck themselves?)

Fox2232 likes this.
  2. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    So just watched the final episode of this season and I am pissed, really quite annoyed with AoS right now. So I get that since the little mention of Ultron in Season 3 and a brief mention of the Sokoviana accords last season that AoS has kind of been trying to distance itself from the MC Movie U due to some internal dick measuring nonsense going on between Marvel Tv and Film divisions. Fine not an issue because AoS has managed to get along just fine without having to reference or tie itself to the MC Movie U and it looked like it was going to side step any real issues with something as big as Infinity War by setting this seasons in an alternate future time line, great the shattered Earth future time line was great, the bad guys were good, the location was interesting and the concept of Inhuman slave trading and production was nice. Then they returned to the present at the mid season, but still they could have side stepped IW by having it set a little before the events of IW maybe have that nice big send off for Coulson a month or so before Thanos turns up. Again nice, no need to reference the MC Movie U but then AoS decided to sh*t the bed, firstly by mentioning Thanos in the third to last episode, 2nd by having Thanos be the main motivation for Gravitons behaviour, 3rd by allowing any and all media they released about the show to state that yes the events of AoS were in fact taking place alongside those of IW and 4th by spending 5 minutes talking about it in that third last episode, using it as the drive for Graviton and then not making ANY references at all to IW after that, no hints tips, little mentions comments, NOTHING.

Brass tacks, AoS has shown that it can stand by itself without having to make involved call backs or mentions of the MC Movie U, the odd off hand comment about events was more than enough in the seasons 3 and 4 so either stand 100% on it's own or get back in to bed with the MC Movie U and give the fans cross franchise service they want because limp wristed cr*p like the last 3 episodes of AoS were you mention the big enough events of the MC Movie U, use them as the primary driving force of your own shows bad guy and then never make any call backs or statements again to them at all are just not on.

I am guessing that with what looks like the final season of AoS now being held off until well after the events of Avengers 4 it will allow them to just do the off hand comment about them remembering how Daisy and Mack just turned to dust and no one really knew what happened. Seriously AoS has some serious explanation to do when it returns because right here and right now I am well annoyed with how this season ended and the thing is if they had tweaked it, made Hydra or Hale or the Kree the bad guys, the motivation for Graviton's plan instead of Thanos I wouldn't be anywhere near as annoyed, although Fitz's death fake out would still have me more than a little annoyed

Icanium and The Phoenix like this.
  3. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Still watching, love the characters. I'm only 10 episodes into season 5 so I'm not going to open your spoiler post. :)

The Laughing Ma likes this.
  4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Season 6 starting next week, friday the 10th.

5. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Is this the final season or is it undecided yet?

I've struggled with this show over the past couple of seasons, I really enjoyed the first but its been very hit and miss since.

6. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Nope it's been given a seventh season which I believe will be it's last. This season is meant to take place after the first snap in the time between IW and EG which is going to lead to some interesting questions like how did all of the Agents from the last season manage to survive the snap... were they really just that lucky?

7. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I've never given this show a chance - Is it any good?

8. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    If it's just the one season I might suffer through it just for closure.

I would personally have to say no, I felt the show started strong but the past few seasons have felt like a chore to me. The writing just feels sloppy best part of the time, as I mentioned earlier it became very hit and miss.

Last edited: May 2, 2019
    XenthorX likes this.
  9. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Hell, i just started the serie 'Lost' last weekend, having a good time and still have a couple seasons to watch so... There's a lot of great serie i want to watch, guess i'll skip this one.

10. ManofGod

ManofGod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    Wait? Season 6? :D I watched through the show on Netflix twice in a couple of years.

11. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I loved "Lost". But ending... That made me sum entire series as waste of time.

As for AoS. I think that last season was excessively cruel. I hope they'll get away from tragedy theme in this season.

Icanium and XenthorX like this.
  12. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    I'll be watching! Been too long since season 5, I'll have to watch it again to refresh my mind on what is going on.

I hope I'm not supposed to have seen all the Marvel movies up until now, since I haven't seen Captain Marvel or Endgame yet. :eek:

13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    when does new seasons start?

NVM scrolled up and found out,

Last edited: May 3, 2019
  14. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    I doubt Captain Marevl will have any mention or effect on AOS. It's set in the wrong time period.

End Game is a weird one though. Everyone suspects that the reason AOS was delayed was to allow the events of End Game to play out with the conclusion being that The Avengers would win and things would be restored to how things were prior to Infinity War. Then AOS would no doubt do one or two mentions about how some of their guys got snapped how they managed and how it's great The Avengers eventually won and that they fixed everything... except that most of End Game is set five years after Infinity War, meaning that AOS S6 is going to be set during the snap period which in turn means they are either going to just ignore the snap totally or they are going to mention it, mention it's effects and then comment on how lucky it is that none of their group got snapped.

A week today I beleive

Friday 10th

15. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Well, main cast for S06 is likely going to be small. And You know that lovely roulette 50:50 => Loss, double bet strategy, which often fails even 8 times in row (or more). That's basically snap.
    It is within limits possibility that some group of 20 would be wiped out completely and other group of 20 would take no losses.

16. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I hoped this would be final season but I dont think it is. my intrest in AOS has been dewindling for few season now. at this point I still record cause I invested all these years in to watching it, sorta like The walking dead same for Fear the walking dead

17. Well AOS got renewed for two more seasons ...

18. ManofGod

ManofGod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    If you do not see Captain Marvel, you have not missed anything important. I saw Endgame and was not the least bit confused by not seeing Captain Marvel.

19. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Well Im glad its back!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  20. Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2019