Jon Peddie Research Predicts that 20 million PC gamer will move towards console gaming by 2022

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 26, 2019.

1. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    [​IMG]

carnivore and sverek like this.
  2. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 VENTUS 10G
    Yeah, they didn't get the memo that PC gaming is supposedly several years dead by now lol.

3. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    I'm about ready to pull my Xbox One out of storage in the cabinet in my room to play Red Dead Redemption (RDR) because it's not out on PC yet. So I guess that would make me a dual, PC & console. And if I get hooked on RDR then I'd be just a console guy for however long I would play only RDR. Which could be days or months or longer even though years is not likely.

And come on I bet there are numerous PC enthusiasts here like me who got a console to play GTA5 way back when it wasn't even on PC. And if you spent weeks or maybe months hooked on it like me before the PC version came out then in a way that made us converts to consoles. Although it was temporary.

No there won't be a console game big enough to convert 20 million to consoles. I'm just posting in a symbolic way I guess.

4. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Except is almost big as the entire console market...
    edit:
    [\s]

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019

5. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    He was being sarcastic.

6. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    [\s]

7. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    i have ps4 and pc, i can't just have one because i would miss the exclusives or the 60fps.

8. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Probably why my wife got me an X1X, not that I complain about stuff being broken, more that I can't resist the newest driver/beta os update or mod and need to tinker with everything.

Console gaming no longer feels more expensive anymore either.

Mouse/kb is now supported, but i dont know how many games choose to support it though.
    I found support on my second game (Strange Brigade) on the Xbox. Went to see what the button remapping was set to and saw that it was keyboard prompts, but controller.