New Intel Roadmap leaks: 10 core Comet lake in 2020, Rocket Lake on 2021, both at 14nm

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    user1, Geryboy and chispy like this.
  2. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    guess those rumors about intel completely abandoning their 10nm node might be true afterall.

not looking too good

chispy likes this.
  3. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    There will be more "+" in Intel 14nm CPUs than in English chat whenever someone says "Русские + в чат".

chispy likes this.
  4. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    So 10nm is kaput for real :eek: and for many years to come nothing but 14+nm refresh of a refresh of a refresh of a refresh ... ( ad infinitum 14++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ :p )

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    Petr V likes this.

5. Error8

Error8 Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 2080 Supe
    My guess is that in maximum one year time, AMD will be the new CPU market leader.

Silva and chispy like this.
  6. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Seems like indeed they have scrapped the 10nm. I bet the focus will be on 7nm UV for them down the road.

Strange Times likes this.
  7. Strange Times

Strange Times Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6600 XT
    well that sux but intel still has an big advantage in games (fps/tdp) even with zen 2

8. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Let's not assume something we don't know yet. If you got Zen 2 processor, please give us some leaks!

Neo Cyrus, Aura89, Silva and 3 others like this.
  9. Error8

Error8 Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 2080 Supe
    Brian Krzanich head fell probably because of this. Such a terrible mismanagement on a company that has almost unlimited founding, to get stuck for so long on the same 14 nm process. Intel deserves what's coming for keeping us stuck for a decade on 4 cores with such limited innovation. Of course this is mostly AMD's fault with their bulldozer or whatnot crappy architectures they had that couldn't even touch entry level Intel cpus. But still, Intel should have gone further and improve, just like Nvidia does, even when competition is lacking.

10. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    Did you guess that Vega was the one gpu to rule them all too?

Time will tell...

rl66 likes this.

11. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    if the road map is real, 10nm is dead, the products that would benefit from 10nm the most would be mobile, and you see a couple 10nm parts listed on the mobile roadmap, but they are only small chips. <6cores, that would imply yields are very still poor.
    if icelake desktop is not ready in 2020, there is virtually no reason to mass produce 10nm for desktop, since intel's 7nm euv should already be in early risk production by h2 2020, and amd will probably have retail 7nm euv chips in 2021

chispy likes this.
  12. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    This is a enterprise roadmap, those guys are always behind on adopting new architectures for Desktop, so don't take it to mean anything else then it is.

The second part has 10nm Ice Lake mobile parts launching in Q2'19, so thats not too bad.

Geryboy likes this.
  13. Andy Watson

Andy Watson Master Guru

GPU:
    How can people say Intel 10nm is scrapped/ dead when the maps shows some 10nm parts for lowerd TDP cpu's and also graphics? Better terminology would be repositioned.

Geryboy likes this.
  14. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    You can put things in nicer boxes, but it does not what is in the box, You can say 10nm is "already here", since intel has a token 10nm cannonlake part.

"repositioned " sounds like what intel will tell it's shareholders to make it sound better.

When potentially >80% of the parts have been cancelled, that is _dead_

chispy likes this.
  15. Petr V

Petr V Master Guru

GPU:
    Gtx over 9000
    Yes Intel kaput

chispy likes this.

16. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    being on 14nm, 10 or 7 nm never mattered to anyone. Is a new nerd trend and is related to computer builder and tweaker. And we are not the market share. A cpu with a stock cooler used as stocks speed performs as ot should in 95% of computers out there. And this is the market. we are an exception looking for overclocks and tweaks.

Intel will stay strong for long yet, with or without 7nm and i was a intel boy too and now switched to amd myself.

17. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    For that AMD should have the same service AND aviability than Intel everywhere and not only in around 5 country in the world.
    (and i know what i write, i just get an AMD system after month of waiting for HTPC, and the company i work with have tried to get Epyc and go Xeon for the same reason).

For those who (again) will say "but there is Amazon": Amazon doesn't deliver everything everywere and conform the rules (in here it is no alcool, no cig, no drug and affiliate tool, no hi-fi, no computer part... in France it is no HHKB keyboard too, i don't know why o_O (it's for that i have to get it from Spain)...

BTW i am really happy with my HTPC, i am not pro Intel or pro AMD but their lack of service is borring, we are in 2019 and it is not a startup company... Lisa should make an effort in this way instead to sign CPU :mad:

18. Error8

Error8 Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 2080 Supe
    What does "lack of service" means? I had a lot of both AMD and Intel cpus that I tortured to hell and back and never ever had one to die or show any problem. I've killed the motherboards around them, but never the CPUs, which seems to be the most resilient computer component by far.

19. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    Get your wallets ready for 1000€ 10 core at 14nm! ahahah
    Oh Intel, you've been drunk for 10 years...

20. coth

coth Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 2060 Super EX
    This is SIPP program roadmap, not consumer desktop roadmap. SIPP always comes only after time proven designs.

Geryboy likes this.