Mortal Kombat 11

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Just seems odd to be upset when you're given options that allow you to not have to purchase anything. Why must all games give you everything at once? Don't you want to play it to reward yourself? I mean...back in the 90's, that was a game. Play, unlock, enjoy. Now it's buy, cry if everything isn't unlocked from the start, leave crappy review.

2. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Thats not the point but nvm.

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    So how are the movies in the game ? rendered or not ?

4. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Just like MKX this game cannot make up it's mind on what fps to use. For me this is what I have concluded: Menu, intro/outro, fatal blow, fatality, all run at 30fps. In-game performance, and story cut-scenes run at a solid 60fps. This is what baffles me because the game is obviously capable of running any scene at a solid 60fps for everything. Oh yeah and the Krypt is just a joke, I get like 25-30fps.

[​IMG]

5. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I know right? There shouldn't be any reason this game shouldn't be running at a locked 60fps or even higher.

6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    So.... I just learned that to "purchase" every skin in the game would cost $6440

That's more than buying all the "extra content" for Dead or Alive 5... by.... um.. a lot.. what in the heck?

Repo Man likes this.
  7. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Yep apparently so.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MortalKomb...mk11_it_will_cost_you_6440_to_buy_every_skin/

/facepalm

Story also goes that if you wish to grind it out, you'd be looking at 3000+ hrs based on what Joe says in his rant.

Supposedly this is going to be adjusted in an upcoming patch, you can kinda tell though that they put it all out there to see if they can get away with it.

8. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    The $6K story is not completely accurate. What technically can be purchased in totality for 6K+ is actually timed by a 24 hours cooldown for a maximum number of purchases per day. If one's intention was to spend 6K+ (which, yes, can technically be done) it would however take a literal 250+ days to do it. I'm not defending that crap though. Just saying it's not actually possible to spend 6K in one shot, even if you could or wanted to, for the story precision's sake.

What DOES piss me off, however, is how during the Kombat Kast to address things the two guys had the balls to spit PR bullshit to our faces Live by saying that "No no guys! It was never designed from the start to have this in the game!". Wh- what? Wh... wh- b- but... wh... WHY. Like, WHY do you bother saying things like that when you KNOW nobody right in their mind will BELIEVE it to start with?! Instead, don't SAY those things, think about it internally if you want to feel better in your minds, sure. But do not bother telling ME something like that because of course I'm NOT going to believe it. The better thing to do is to DO something about it NOW (which they are, and will continue to do so; good) instead of showing a complete disconnection with reality by pretending that you guys did NOT work on ALL this whole system you took the time to elaborate to implement it inherently in the game and the Krypt and THEN say something like "Well yeah we worked on that for something like 4 years but it was never designed to incorporate this, ever!".

THAT part genuinely burnt through my soul. Well ok then, NetherRealms (and WB, of course). If it was not designed to be implemented in the game from the start you can do two things very easily, IF it is true:

1) REMOVE that crap immediately from the game, period (but I'm typing this sarcastically, of COURSE it was designed in from the start and possibly modified further during development maybe even up to very recently during the Beta phase).

2) Or, alternatively, just allow us to purchase what we WANT to purchase on a per-character basis instead of forcing your fanbase to WASTE their time (literally so) in the Krypt because you DESIGNED the Krypt's boxes (except only a few select specific ones) to be UNIQUE to each players (literally, as explained during the Kombat Kast). So the coordinates of 'x' Box that contains something super good for Scorpion? Well, doesn't matter if you post the coordinates online about it because even though that Box is there for me too, it is located in a RANDOM location in MY Krypt compared to that guy's Krypt. The only boxes that are in a fixed universal location for everyone are extremely specific and very few compared to all the rest. And THEN you're telling me it wasn't designed so that I don't spend HOURS in the Krypt only to be tired of it, and in a psychological combat only to "give up", and go to the Store ending up trying to buy something the quick way there?

OF COURSE it was designed that way from the start. You just tried to implement it in a more "subtle", softer way and then grinned each others around the office thinking that it would never be noticed by the gamers because you genuinely think we are DUMB.

Yeah, I'm enjoying the game. But I'm definitely not enjoying this new NetherRealms. To be honest I do feel glad I only bought the Normal version. I don't think I'll buy any of the DLC characters. I actually skipped on MKX's extra content as well, for different reasons (I just didn't like the game overall enough to bother giving more money). I really wouldn't mind skipping again for extra MK11 content for this now. The MANNER with which a company treats its consumers - for me - can make all the difference in the world. Do NOT spit PR crap to my face with a voice tone implying that you guys apparently feel almost guilty while doing so.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    KissSh0t likes this.
  9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I wanted to look at ppl play online on Twitch but everyone seems to be doing story or coop or stuff like that. Isn't Online enabled yet?

10. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Ok, that's excessive. I can't defend that. Why are developers taking a mobile gaming approach to consoles and PC? I'd still find this ridiculous, but more acceptable if the game was free. $60 should get you what you want. I understand needing to unlock characters by beating certain things, that's fine, but 6k for bullshit costumes? Who are these people that NEED specific shirts for a virtual character?

11. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    There's some drama on reddit atm about the developer banning the word PC from their chat to stifle criticism/discussion about the trash port. Classy developer, Ostrich tactics just work.

[​IMG]

12. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I know this is a PC thread, but have any Guru's tried this on a console? I'm thinking about grabbing this for the Xbox One X if it's less buggy and close in visual fidelity?

13. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

They also removed the pc version from the MK11 twitter bio.

Which bodes well.

14. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    How quickly has the hype fallen on this thread... I can't help but chuckle. Wasn't the last MK also completely broken on launch? Seems like it's a thing with this series.

15. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Yes it was. It also was the same dev and the same shady dlc/microshit design.

They fixed te twitter shortly after.

16. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I think the game itself is good but spoilt by poor design choices such as limiting the PC version to 30 fps in the menus, cutscenes and, especially, the Krypt. Also, the game's microtransactions and measly rewards means there is far too much grinding required to unlock stuff (which is absolutely intentional so you feel compelled to pay for the unlocks).

Loading times are also too long. OK, so I do have the game installed to a 7,200rpm SATA3 Seagate Pro hard drive but I've seen footage of the PS4 Pro version loading from a 5,400rpm SATA2 laptop drive and the loading times are far quicker which doesn't seem right. I shouldn't have to install every game to an SSD just to get acceptable loading times.

Finally, the online nature of the game is a mistake for the otherwise offline modes. My fibre internet is 100% stable but I was disconnected a few nights ago while playing the Krypt mode and dumped back to the main menu due to a server issue. Absolutely infuriating, particularly as I was playing solo.

I honestly don't think Warner Bros. care too much about the PC market. The last few releases of Mortal Kombat on PC have been released with issues so I guess we shouldn't be surprised that it has happened again with this game.

RzrTrek likes this.
  17. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Yeah there a lot of people on the steam forums complaining about technical issues for sure. However a new patch just came out and the Krypt is now running a lot smoother for me. I'm still having the low volume bug issue but other than that I'm really loving it. I haven't even tried the online yet because personally I'm enjoying the story and towers mode the most. If I want to play against other's I'll just have a couple friends over and plug in another controller.

But I really do feel bad for all the people who are still having issues just launching the game, that's totally unacceptable.

18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    https://i.**********/R4DBDrqP/20190427000206-1.jpg

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    https://www.dsogaming.com/news/firs...ity-update-character-move-values/#more-124889

Not bad, 500k koins will unlock a few chests :D

jbscotchman likes this.
  20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    jbscotchman likes this.