GeForce 430.39 WHQL driver download

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  2. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I knew there would be new drivers just before MK11 launch. Time to nerd out.

3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Discussions (notes, branch) also HERE

4. maize1951

maize1951 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 8GB
    I notice the 3D driver bloatware is gone making for a smaller (and probably less errors) download.

5. NewTRUMP Order

NewTRUMP Order Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3080
    You always have had the choice to use the custom file option to download only the files you need. So I don't see how any of it is "bloatware", unless you had to always download all the files and sort it out yourself.

6. Sarge_T

Sarge_T Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX3090 STRIX
    Welp... RIP all 3D displays (including mine) - I guess it shouldn't be too hard to insert the last 3D drivers into the newest version though?

Edit: currently you can't use 3D whatsoever if you're on the latest driver (manual install of 3D drivers doesn't work).

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  7. Ch0plol

Ch0plol Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 770 4GB
    Is he really wrong? It bloated the file size of the drivers (I wonder how much data the 3D Vision components added up to over the time they were included) and it's undoubtedly unintentionally bloating many systems of the people who use express install and don't know better. Heck, I've accidentally done express installs over the years and had to spend extra time going back and removing the 3D Vision components. Now express install is actually usable for me since I use the HDMI audio drivers. It's the first thing I noticed too - and I'm betting it's the case for many others too. How many years have we been unchecking the 3D Vision drivers when updating our drivers? The 3D vision stuff had such a low adoption rate that it would have made sense for it to be a separate download this whole time. I'm just glad to see it no longer cluttering the custom install menu.

8. NewTRUMP Order

NewTRUMP Order Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3080
    Well with that mentality then your whole computer is bloatware. In this day and age if you can't figure out how to read quick install or custom then you really can't be critical of "bloatware".

9. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    If you have a computer that somehow gets negatively effected by the 3D vision drivers, then not only do you need to severely upgrade, but you really shouldn't be even worried about new drivers, as your computer must be from 2000.

It's really irritating how people went from calling things that cause performance issues as "bloat ware" to now it's anything they specifically do not want or care about even if others do and we should all abide by what they want and not what others want as well.

Lets just make 30 different versions of each driver release so that way nvidia can appease all specifically picky people while confusing everyone who doesn't know which driver package to get anymore.

10. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    With a 780, shouldn't be too worried about latest drivers anyway to retain 3d functionality.

11. Pyriel

Pyriel Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
    Hi,

Been reading through and some good info here. Tbh these drivers suck, had a few issues over 6 different machines. And didnt realise was even a hotfix out till hit this forum. Which is cool. But seems some need to lose the extra chip on their shoulder. Does them no favours. And waiting on the wow 1 post lmao.

That aside been using Guru3D for years and this site rocks. Proper feedback and some damm good advice on hardware.

Cheers.