The Division 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, Jun 10, 2018.

1. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    They are not really lost or taken, its like borrowed. And it doesnt matter really that much, since its back and forth. It only kind of sucks that if your project is brining supplies to one of them in a district and none is taken by you/r allies that you need to take control of one to be able to give the supplies for the project.

Im only taking them at level3 for a blueprint. Other than that they dont matter to me (anymore). With projects its kind of the same. I dont need that XP or one "golden" peace of gear or weapon.

Its also a long time ago now that i got a blueprint as reward for a project.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
    JonasBeckman likes this.
  2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah I suppose, level 3 takes a while so it's mostly the prep work for getting it set up (Better equipment does allow for handling the linked activities faster in time though.) and it can be easily undone if you're trying to get the blueprint plus the chance for random events near outposts so you can get a elite patrol or those air drones flying in which are bound to mess things up, it's also possible for the NPC leader to get taken out but revival is possible and a new one spawns in after a couple of minutes if that is impossible due to enemy presence. (Heavies being a concern though the elites have various other abilities that can be a problem too.)

I am pretty pleased with the progress so far, scaling seems to mostly go bad for groups of 4 so whether it's solor or with two buddies the game can be played in pretty much any pace and then events rotate weekly though I am not fond of the Black Tusk activities though it's mostly for how cheap they are with their ability spam, complaints aside it's not as rough as the first game was though more high-end gear and end-game activities would be nice but that's coming, raid next up and then well patch #3 should have some other stuff too and I guess more world tiers at some point are also discussed.

Even explored part of the dark zones now, other players can be a problem particularly when working in a group and going all in on rogue status but there's usually enough ways to pass by or avoid them, not much for better rewards but the area is fun to explore and doing some DZ activities even so. (That's also being updated I believe, higher gear score items arriving in the next patch.)

Just about ready for the outpost for this week, trying to get the apparel event out too but after 14 reward boxes and only 2 keys the last three days it's looking a bit uncertain for the last six keys now. Though it is just a cosmetic outfit so not a huge loss. :p

3. kapo

kapo Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1
    If you have weekly projects that don't reward a blueprint you can abandon them and get the most recent weekly project that does give one. Unfortunately you can only get one blueprint per week though which means if you get a blueprint every week it will take a year to get them all. Oh and one of the best weapon mods in the game is behind that RNG hell. So far i've gotten two replica weapon blueprints that i'll never use.

JonasBeckman likes this.
  4. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    160+ hrs playtime now and I'm slowly losing interest, will wait for the raid and maybe check PTS what to expect in near future.

5. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Oh you can get duplicates that's a thing then I learned. Good to know.
    So far there's mostly been minor enhancements to crit chance for first the SMG and now also the LMG though I don't know what they were before the patch altered the stats on these from negative-positive to positive but a few retain negatives for some reason and others have the same positive trait and no longer differing trade-offs. I expect it to be fine tuned in a later update again.

And yeah the private test server for Update #3 is up too now with the first round of fixes and balance changes, guessing the raid and new content might also open up on there once the first part of testing is over with and then that can all move over to the main version.

Probably going to be some fatigue as well soon enough after doing the weekly rotating events for a while now in World Tier 5, not quite up to 100 hours but quite a lot of hours played so the game had quite a bit of content though end game is going to need some more work and fleshing out, will be interesting to see what Massive has planned for longer term support in a year or two down the line and more substantial content. :)
    (For now it's Strip & Tear Doomguy style with a twist for these fashion event items though well it's not literally stripping them off enemies although that would probably be faster...)

6. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Stopwatch: Press play, until gameplay. 05:09min on SSD. DX11.

7. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    No idea if that's the game's fault or uplay, sometimes the game starts pretty quick on SSD and sometimes it takes a few minutes.

Still had no crashes with DX12 after uninstalling GeForce Experience, but i do have uplay's overlay back enabled.

I've clocked in 216 hours so far, no luck with finding a FAMAS or Custom M416 G3 (not sure how it's called) with good talents.
    At least i got the exotic sniper i wanted on release. :)

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  8. Kono

Kono Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    I don't think you can get duplicate bp. I believe you misunderstood his "replica" wording. Anything you make on the bench is "replica", it will indicated with a word. From what I heard, you can re-calibrate replica weapon or armor.

As for crashes, strange, I played since day 1 with 260hrs, I only experienced 1 crash. And yes, the loading at the beginning is long, but everything else load fine afterward. Playing on DX12, game run great on my 970 SSD, 2070, 16gb, and Intel i9-9900K. No OC on any of my component. NV Experience, UPlay overlay all on.

Game setting: DoF OFF, V.Fog = Medium. Everything max. I do have v-sync to 60hz.

9. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Still enjoying it, WT4 at the moment, gearing up. Not done Tidal Basin yet, how bad is it? or like any other stronghold?

Also had mask dropped in one of the cases yesterday :D

10. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    In story difficulty it's surprisingly easy TBH.

JonasBeckman likes this.

11. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Taking a break atm since they nerf or buff too many things all the time. You never know if it's worth putting more sparetime into optimising your set when the next patch is around the corner.

The game is great and i love the combat and all that but there's another Odyssey i need to complete atm. ;)

12. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Agreed, aside from the arena (End bit being where it can be tough to get good cover.) I found the Tidal basin to be the easiest of the strongholds with Roosewelt island as the toughest and then the Capitol as the mid-one basically, that one has some problematic areas but still plenty of easy choke points until some Purple or Yellow tier enemies decides to just "I have all the armor!" and rushes behind you regardless of how much you're shooting them. (Yellows usually go down, purples can be surprisingly resistant.)

There's plenty of room to move,plenty of areas to lead enemies to you without getting swarmed or surrounded and even if the arenas are open height and the way enemies approach means even solo a turret can easily work to funnel or lock down approaching and the only real problem could be the end area but even that wasn't too bad. Mind the War-Dog type enemies though the high caliber weapons they use can rip most armor out in a single shot if it hits.

Still six chests to go, RNG I guess but might have some luck with the apparel event though it's not too bad if I miss the outfit I'll likely look at and never use again and the rest are joining the regular inventory after this. :D

Tried doing tier 4 outposts too now that I noticed a few of them go beyond tier 3 but I can usually last until the defend the outpost turn but then ammo and the reinforcements will be low and enemies spawn in from more directions plus it's mostly higher-tier and a named boss making it quite a battle, gunk sprayers when it's the True Son types can be pretty tough as it turns out instead of just being silly like they usually are. :p
    (Melee damage will usually also only lightly injure enemies but tend to completely destroy armor and most of your own health in turn and that's without the weird night-only ambusher faction that specialize in melee attacks.)

EDIT:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/bgo5wc/all_blueprints_should_be_farmable_with_no/

Oof that's going to take some time then trying to clear the weapon accessories, knew you could only get a set amount of them from checkpoints but wasn't aware it might take quite that long for the timed event ones and that's assuming not too many dupes I'm guessing.

EDIT: And then this happened.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivisio...eprint_drops_will_now_be_on_a_daily_timer_as/

Applies once update #3 comes out. :)

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
  13. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Not played for a while and noticed that it takes at least 15 seconds for something to display on my screen after I've clicked "Play" on Uplay. Later it takes 10 seconds to get past "Connecting". I'll verify files now but anyone has an idea on what could be the cause for this? It's been slightly slow in the past as well but as much as this.

14. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The last patch broke something greatly slowing down the initial boot time and even the login time. Today's update tried mitigating it but well I've noticed no real change and so far from reading it seems to be the most common report for if the update did anything to fix whatever they altered that broke the loading times so badly.

Affects the PTS version too and is still being looked into but no details other than this are available from what I've found so far.

Netherwind likes this.
  15. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    They fixed the laoding times yes, kind of, it just takes 1 minute less now, lol. Still horrible.

16. 70% of start time takes the Easy Anticheat Launcher. Ubisoft should ditch that crap.

17. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Thanks, good to know it's not just me.

Actually, that loads pretty fast. No more than 1 second.

18. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    the latest content patch screwed up exe startup times & initial loading pretty badly. the small fix the other day did not fully rectify the issue. dont worry netherwind, its not just you

honestly its making me consider picking up an NVMe drive...

19. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I have NVMe and it makes no difference. Startup and loading times are f*cked up.

20. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Same.