Mortal Kombat 11

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    Kitana looks amazing now, better than she has ever looked imo. I never was a big fan of her (ok ok... pun intended), only really played her back in MK2. But now wow, she looks so... how to put it, plausible? Authentic, there I'll use this word. She essentially looks like she "always looked like that" before, it's weird. It's a perception of how previous games - in my eyes - never really provided a satisfying design for her; then again, never was a big fan of her anyway really. However, did she just take Mileena's spot though? Really? I see little chances now for a Mileena come back. It does sort of piss me off since I do prefer Mileena (both story-wise and moves-wise), but mostly I would have loved it to see how she would have looked like in such a modern engine; then again I did already like her design in MKX. I suppose we'll have to wait and see if she makes it as a DLC character (highly doubt it). If not... wow, until MK12? That's gonna take a while to wait for our Queen :(

One thing though, in the realm of MK it's easy enough to get 'another' Mileena. All you need is basically Shang Tsung, the Flesh Pits, some Tarkatan and Kitana DNA and there you go, you got yourself 'a Mileena'. So, Shang Tsung, DLC character; Kitana, main roster character. We have Shao Kahn as well in the big picture. If there's a Flesh Pit stage in MK11 as well... it would give us all the necessary ingredients. But I know, I'm dreaming in colors, oh well. Feels weird, no Mileena. I'm getting a very bad Vanilla MK3 vibe when I didn't get my Scorpion and Raiden and was faced with so many new and weird characters instead. The effect is lesser this time though, since Mileena is nowhere near my "main" characters like Scorpion is, but when it comes to female characters in the franchise Mileena is probably my favorite; only very closely tied with Sonya Blade.

jbscotchman likes this.
  2. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Yeah I'm totally hyped for Kitana, she was my favorite character in MK2 and I kicked everyone's ass with her in the convenient stores and arcades. I love how she uses her fans for offense and defense.

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
  4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070

5. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Game looks awesome, but I'm really not feeling the "new" characters.
    The originals are of course, fantastic, but it just seems they are having trouble coming up with strong, well designed new entries.

Solfaur likes this.
  6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    The only thing that kind of lets me down is some stuff are still movies and not rendered by the game. it totally breaks the immersion for me when i see the movie with lower quality then the game is.
    They should make better ones, these were fine when the game was not able to manage it, but that time is long gone.

7. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Wow, one of the best game trailers I've ever seen!

8. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Actually I'm pretty sure all these movie scenes are running in real time. I honestly can't tell the difference. It was very clear in MKX that all X-Ray's and fatalities were running at a fixed 30fps, but I don't think that's the case this time around.

9. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    I would have died from a 1990s-induced Nerdgasm heart attack if THAT trailer had been the first thing they revealed of MK11.

Now, with this trailer what looks like to be the case story-wise is (pure speculation on my part but the sequences do seem to point at least partly to that):

- The "main" (most common of the franchise) Realms seem to be uniting (maybe just a temporary alliance of sorts) for a common cause.

- The cause, obviously, is punching Kronika's face a couple of times to bring some sense into her (can't wait to see who is going to be able to even approach her).

- Reason to believe that the Realms "unite" is that each one seem to be led by one (or more) characters with an army behind to support. And each leader(s) all apparently meet face-to-face at one point or another in the campaign (again, I think they probably all fight upon first meeting but then they ally... we'll see).

- We obviously see an Edenia / Outworld army (more Outworld though, since Edenia proper was conquered long ago) led by Kitana with her (mostly) Tarkatan-based army (we do see what appears to be none other than Sheeva in there too, and if that's her even if it's just for the story mode she looks great).

- We're also seeing Kotal and I think Shao Kahn as well together? They'll most likely fight first (seen in the trailer of course) but I have the gut feeling that they'll have a nice handshake after realizing what's really going on and make some temporary alliance of their own. The thing with them is it's not clear to me what kind of "army" they'll have. I assume that Kotal will keep his trusty D'Vorah by his side, but when it comes to main troops it could be anything from other Tarkatans to Osh-Tekk warriors (Osh-Tekk being the original 'realm' of Kotal, which was conquered by Shao Kahn, similarly to Edenia). The problem with Outworld is that the realm at this point is a very large and complex mixture of different 'prior' original realms that were pretty much all conquered by Shao Kahn at some point. So the kind of army you can get out of Outworld can have a lot of variation. But for the sake of speculation I'll just call this one "Outworld Army #2" (after Kitana's own).

- Then, there's of course good ol' Earthrealm with Sonya / Jax, Raiden (the good one from the past surely) along with Liu Kang + Kung Lao. That's the obvious group...

- But of course Earthrealm also means the Black Dragon and the nasty bunch; with Kano, Kabal and the others of that vein. Now it's very unclear as to what THOSE guys will do during all the drama of the campaign but I am assuming that Kano has his own agenda and wants to take advantage of the situation somehow, even though there's a being that's actually ABOVE the Elder Gods threatening existence as we know it (Kronika). With the little bits of a brain that might be left in his skull he might STILL think it's a good idea to do stuff for his own selfish good. But I think that according to the trailer he might try to do whatever he needs to achieve by using the Cyborgs to his advantage (perhaps manipulating them to do his will somehow). As we've seen in the trailer, there's Cyrax essentially making it clear that he's apparently "allied" with Kronika. Now, Kronika is above Elder Gods, she does NOT give a single rat's ass about any allies but will use them as pions for as long as they might be useful to her. So what I think is happening in the story is Kano playing it safe by telling Kronika he can (or "wants to") help her somehow, she agrees and gives him some liberties to do whatever he thinks will help her and put a stop to whatever army might be coming her way. So yeah... Kano basically gets on his knees and offers his services to Kronika and Kronika uses him and everyone else in the process (remember, she manipulates TIME itself; chances are at some point in the campaign she'll reveal something to Kano along the lines of "ha HA! SEE?! I knew you'd do this because I WAS THERE when you did that in about 2 months from now you FOOL!" followed by some maniacal laugh... maybe).

I do think overall that it's gonna be a little bit all over the place especially at the beginning, when everyone will probably be against everyone for their own respective reasons. And THEN people around start realizing (or are told) about what's happening. Then Kronika shows up and goes "YEP! That was me, now please just die?" and THEN some alliances start forming up aaaaaaaand at that point we're probably in the third act of the campaign and crap hits the fan and Elder Gods start being invited to the party (Cetrion I'd assume will show up at that point, for whatever reason; actually when it comes to her I have ZERO idea as to what she might do since she's "just" an Elder God and Kronika is above her but... we'll see).

Then again, all of this is just speculation on my part. If it plays out even just half way like I am thinking of then I'll be happy. The thing is NetherRealm Studios have been killing it anyway with campaigns in their games ever since MK9's, so I have no worries for entertainment value there. I do have my preferences but overall I think ALL their games have had a good-enough, entertaining campaign. To this day I still love MK9's, but I also greatly enjoyed Injustice 1's campaign as well.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
    jbscotchman and Undying like this.
  10. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    STEAM pre-load is up! 60.2GB, a lot bigger than the console versions.

-Tj- likes this.

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    pre-ordered @kinguin for 42,5€, not bad :)

... just 2 days to go :D

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
    jbscotchman likes this.
  12. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Warning to anyone who bought the game on Steam: There's already idiots who got the game early posting spoilers on the discussion page, so stay away if you don't want any story details or tower endings revealed.

13. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    The entire story mode was posted on twitter almost a week ago :p

14. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I'm twitter and facebook free.

15. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I just saw Jax's ending and it's pretty damn funny :D I'll get the komplete pack later in the year. I don't like the online only drm they've added to certain game modes and gear, shang tsung and shao kahn as dlc, the story is lame, and I find the new characters boring.

16. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    IGN's review. Looking good.

-Tj- likes this.
  17. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    jbscotchman likes this.
  18. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090

:eek: amazing trailer ! dude now i want to watch the original movie again :D . I will wait a little to see the dinamics and the reports of the game before i buy , but it's looking very good.

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
  20. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    -Tj- likes this.