The AMD Ryzen All In One Thread /Overclocking/Memory Speeds & Timings/Tweaking/Cooling Part 2

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by vbetts, Sep 24, 2018.

1. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    AMD " 50th anniversary " Ryzen 2700x cpu leaked and updated information ! New cpu 50th anniversary to be released on May 1st !
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AMD It's about to get rock and rolling non stop beginning starting on May 1st , 20019 ( 2 weeks from now )

AMD's 50th Anniversary is fast approaching on May 1, and several new postings at online retailers have revealed that AMD is on the cusp of releasing a new 50th Anniversary Ryzen 7 2700X to celebrate.

Aside from the mention of a bundled Wraith Prism LED cooler, the listings tell us little about the chip, including what differentiates it from existing Ryzen 7 2700X models. The chip is listed for preorder at $340.95, which is well above the typical ~$295 street price, but that's to be expected with a collector's item.

Several of the sites haven't listed retail availability yet, but on further investigation, we found a retailer that claims the part will become available on April 30, the day before AMD's anniversary celebration.

Releasing a commemorative chip certainly isn't an entirely new phenomenon: Intel released the Core i7-8086K last year to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the x86 instruction set architecture. That chip came with special tuning that pushed clock frequencies up to 5.0 GHz, a first at the time, and also came with a signed certificate from ex-CEO Brian Krzanich.

We may see a similar approach with AMD's purported new chip. Unfortunately, the Anniversary Edition Ryzen 7 2700X listings don't include clock speeds, so this will remain an open question for now. AMD also chose to stick with the same 2700X naming, so we don't expect any other significant changes to the chip, like more cores or cache. Instead, AMD may include some type of commemorative packaging or engraving on the chip. It's logical to assume there will be some type of certificate enclosed, perhaps signed by Lisa Su.

AMD has also released special edition chips in the past–the company released its Limited Edition Ryzen 7 2700 and Ryzen 5 2600X MAX bundles last year. Even though those chips, which come with a better Wraith Max cooler than the standard models, still haven't made their way to American shores, you can still find them for sale overseas.

AMD is clearly gearing up its 50th-anniversary celebration. Today the company posted an open invitation to the public to its Markham Open House event, which occurs on the company's 50th anniversary on May 1st. AMD has also created a special 50th Anniversary celebration page that touts its advances over the years, so we expect to hear much more from the company as it nears its anniversary.

On an interesting side note, Intel hosted a giveaway for 8,086 of its commemorative chips. AMD opened a "buyback program" for the winners of Intel's Core i7-8086K, instead offering a Threadripper 1950X in exchange. We aren't sure if AMD will also run a sweepstakes to give away the new 50th Anniversary Ryzen 7 2700X processors, but it is a possibility.

We've reached out to AMD for comment and will update as necessary.

[​IMG]

Thanks to Tomshardware and @Dayman58 on Twitter for the leaked info : Sources - https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-50th-anniversary-ryzen-7-2700x-price-performance,39080.html , https://twitter.com/Dayman58/status/1117905358469705728

More information posted here: https://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-7-2700x-50th-anniversary-edition-cpu-leak/

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    Jackalito and OnnA like this.
  2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Anniversary mobo too. :D

X470 AORUS GAMING 7 WIFI "50TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION"

— 188号 (@momomo_us) April 15, 2019

Jackalito and chispy like this.
  3. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    AMD is on going full throttle turning the knob to 11 ... Bring it i say :D , let the good times roll ...

Jagman, Kool64 and OnnA like this.
  4. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    AMD Zen3 to Leverage 7nm+ EUV For 20% Transistor Density Increase

AMD "Zen 3" microarchitecture could be designed for the enhanced 7 nm+ EUV (extreme ultraviolet) silicon fabrication node at TSMC,
    which promises a significant 20 percent increase in transistor densities compared to the 7 nm DUV (deep ultraviolet) node on which its "Zen 2" processors are being built.

In addition, the node will also reduce power consumption by up to 10 percent at the same operational load. In a late-2018 interview,
    CTO Mark Papermaster stated AMD's design goal with "Zen 3" would be to prioritize energy-efficiency, and that it would present "modest" performance improvements (read: IPC improvements) over "Zen 2."
    AMD made it clear that it won't drag 7 nm DUV over more than one microarchitecture (Zen 2), and that "Zen 3" will debut in 2020 on 7 nm+ EUV.

5. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    This reminds me of how excited I was to upgrade my 486SX to an AMD Overdrive chip...........I'm going to have to flip a coin to decide if I go with 6 or 8 cores though lol.

chispy likes this.
  6. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    MSI Issues Clarification on Next-Gen AMD CPU Support on 300-series Motherboards

It has come to our attention that MSI Customer Support has regrettably misinformed an MSI customer with regards to potential support for next-gen AMD CPUs on the MSI X370 XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM motherboard.
    Through this statement we want clarify the current situation.

At this point, we are still performing extensive testing on our existing lineup of 300- and 400-series AM4 motherboards to verify potential compatibility for the next-gen AMD Ryzen CPUs.
    To be clear: Our intention is to offer maximum compatibility for as many MSI products as possible.
    Towards the launch of the next-gen AMD CPUs, we will release a compatibility list of MSI AM4 motherboards.

Below is a full list of upcoming BIOS versions which include compatibility for the next-gen AMD APUs for our 300-Series and 400-Series AM4 motherboards based on the latest AMD Combo PI version 1.0.0.0.
    These BIOS versions are expected to be released in May this year.

[​IMG]

-> https://www.techpowerup.com/254669/...en-amd-cpu-support-on-300-series-motherboards

Jackalito, chispy and Amaze like this.
  7. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Thanks for the update @OnnA , good to hear directly from MSI , now let's wait and see where this is going. I'm hoping for the best and cross fingers for support on all the Manufacturers mobos for the upcoming cpus.

OnnA likes this.
  8. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    "Pick with pinch of salt.
    IMhO MSI will not do that, it will hurt their sales toooo much..."

As i said, raised Flag only ;)

chispy likes this.
  9. keenan

keenan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti Hydro Copper
    Some more progress with the Micron E-dies :D

3600mhz cl14 @ 1.45v (tRCDRD is a stubborn sucker}

[​IMG]

10. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    I have had great results @ DDR4 3600Mhz with mem test even like 12+hours no errors.Play a game and boom crash.
    I need high DRAM voltage to play games DDR4 3600Mhz but I also found it makes no difference in games for me to notice any FPS difference running DDR4 3600Mhz/3466Mhz/3200Mhz/2933Mhz so I never run DDR4 3600Mhz any more and I am fine with lower setting.
    EG: I was showing some how to overclock there Motherboard/CPU last week with PBO disabled and I just left my stuff as is after I finished helping out.

So basically CPU 1.35v ALL core overclock PBO disabled with LLC2 4250Mhz with DDR4 3200 Mhz

chispy likes this.

11. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Still 100% stable after more than 6 hours re-testing for stability with Aida 64 and HCI memtest over +200%

Still 100% stable after re-testing today over 6 hours Aida64 and HCI memtest over 200% , loving the snappier windows 32GB cas 14 DDR4-3300Mhz

[​IMG]

12. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    [Rumor] Zen2 yields: not as fantastic as Zeppelin yields, but very good!

[​IMG]

Two years ago we wrote about the crazy high yields of Zeppelin dies but, now, we are here to talk about the yelds of Zen2 dies (About 88 mm2).
    According to our sources, the same who told us about the death of Global Foundries 20nm, the fully working Zen2 dies are about the 70% of the total production (A separate discourse needs to be entered into for the frequencies).

Despite it doesn't sound great at first sight, that's a very good news. If we think that a fully working Intel XCC die (28 cores) has a rumored yield of 35%, this means that a 64C EPYC2 CPU has got a yield rate of 70% (8 x 8 dies).
    Almost the double of Intel yield rate!

chispy and Jackalito like this.
  13. keenan

keenan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti Hydro Copper
    A quick question to anyone that has done some extensive testing, which configuration would be better for real world usage? All are at 1.45v..

3200Mhz 12-15-12-12-21
    3466Mhz 14-17-14-10-21
    3600Mhz 14-20-14-14-28

??

14. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    IMO 3466MHz, in real world Gaming/Work
    You need to be 100% Stable ;) and loose some Timings.

I was on 3500MHz CL14-15-15-15 (but landed on desktop in BFV quite often, despite mem test that was OK)
    So now is @ 3430MHz CL14-15-15-14 1T

15. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Found something interesting while playing with the new bios on the C6H. Decided to move the Streaming Store setting in the CBS section off Auto to Enabled. Was the only change that was made. Ram was no longer stable. Only change that made the ram stable again were the drive strength resistance settings; changing them to 20 Ohms from 24 Ohms. All the ram settings remained the same.

Enabling the setting was a give and take. According to Adia64 latency increased ~0.5ns. CPU-Z showed a gain of 2 to 452 in the singe threaded score where the multi-threaded score saw a gain of 10 to 4930. Gaming saw no impact one way or another. Placebo effect or not, games appear to run smoother. As subjective as that is am leaving that setting enabled for the time being.

Edit: Should also be noted the I have the Performance bias set to CB15.

chispy likes this.

16. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    BIOSTAR X570 Racing Series Motherboard Teased, Built For Next-Gen AMD Ryzen 3000 CPUs With PCIe Gen 4.0 Support

The motherboard which is pictured seems to be a top of the line X570 racing series product from BIOSTAR.
    It seems to feature a full black color theme with silver accents that are part of the racing series lineup.
    The VRM is cooled off by two metallic fin heatsinks and we can also see the AM4 CPU socket next to the four DDR4 DIMM slots.
    The motherboard battery tray is located right next to the I/O cover which should be easier to approach if you’re using multiple expansion cards which can make reaching the battery a hassle.

The motherboard comes with three PCIe 4.0 x16 slots, two of which are protected by a metal brace.
    PCIe Gen 4 is confirmed for AMD’s X570 platform so we should see all future AM4 boards supporting the new standard. There are also three PCIe 4.0 x1 slots which can be used for network or storage AICs.
    There are three M.2 slots out of which one is full length. All M.2 slots feature the heatsink to keep your NVMe drives running cooler.
    The PCH heatsink which is situated on top of the X570 chipset is actively cooled by a 7-blade fan.

[​IMG]

BIOSTAR is going to provide the user the ability to switch if off or on for lower noise.
    On the I/O, we get a range of connectors which include DisplayPort, HDMI, DVI, PS/2, four USB 3.1 Gen1, two USB 3.1 Gen 2 (Type-A + Type-C), a Gigabit Ethernet LAN port and a 7.1 channel HD audio jack.
    The X570 Racing motherboard from BIOSTAR seems like a very solid option.
    From what I can tell by reading the PR, I think BIOSTAR will have more than just one X570 motherboard displayed at their booth.

4th Generation RACING Series and Next Gen-Gaming Solutions

The BIOSTAR RACING Series of high-performance motherboards feature the latest technologies for performance and aesthetics.
    The BIOSTAR RACING Series is geared towards gamers and power users that demand performance with great stability and reliability.
    BIOSTAR will be demonstrating the 4th generation RACING Series powered by the next-generation AMD Ryzen processors to highlight its capabilities in gaming, entertainment, and professional use.

17. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    IPC Comparison:

Note: At 1440p Ultra/High difference is minimal (if any).

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    chispy likes this.
  18. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    I’m going to feel like a noob when I upgrade to the Ryzen 3 series and a measly 4.3 turbo. I hope some of the speed spec rumors are wrong.

19. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    chispy likes this.
  20. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    [​IMG]

Jackalito likes this.