AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 19.4.2 driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.4.2 Highlights
    Support For:

• World War Z o Up to 24% greater performance with AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.4.2, on a Radeon VII in World War Z. RS-293 o Up to 19% greater performance with AMD Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.4.2, on a Radeon RX Vega 64 in World War Z. RS-292
    • Anno 1800
    Known Issues
    • AMD Radeon VII may experience screen flicker in multi display setups on desktop or while applications are running.
    • Netflix™ Windows® Store application may experience display flicker during video playback on some HDR enabled displays.
    • Performance metrics overlay and Radeon WattMan gauges may experience inaccurate fluctuating readings on AMD Radeon VII.
    • Performance metrics overlay may experience intermittent flicker when playing back protected content with this feature enabled.
    • System instability may be experienced on ASUS TUF Gaming FX504 laptop when a wireless display is connected.
    Package Contents
    The Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.4.2 installation package contains the following:

• Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.4.2 Driver Version 18.50.31.05 (Windows Driver Store Version 25.20.15031.5004)
    Download

Jackalito, Embra, chispy and 3 others like this.
  2. D1stRU3T0R

D1stRU3T0R Master Guru

GPU:
    8 GB
    No WDDM 2.6 for Windows 10 may update? Pretty sad as they may update is already available.

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The mouse cursor lag fixed in 19.3.1 seems to be back with these, needs a bit of testing but the double click issue appears to be a problem but it's manageable if a bit annoying. Corsair's mice has some construction flaws as well so it magnifies the issue a bit further too.

Other than that yeah support for WWZ and Anno1800 and it's about it, no further profile changes that I can see either when compared to the 19.4.1 drivers.

Jackalito and LocoDiceGR like this.
  4. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Really? Right now it's still in prerelease channel. Distribution of RTM will start on May - That's why they call it "May Update" :rolleyes:

5. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Pretty sad for you not even read some things.

May update is NEXT MONTH.

6. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    There's the insider driver as well using a newer branch, haven't tested them though but I guess they lack whatever optimizations 19.4.2 might have (Anno 1800 and World War Zero primarily.) though it might be recent enough to have some of the 19.4.1 improvements but both seem to be fairly small but then again the release notes tend to be partial and there might be underlying changes.

ACP folder is also missing from these drivers so AMD might be making some changes to the bundled software too, guess we'll see if that persists once the next driver lands.
    Insider drivers might also be using the Lite control panel via UWD and the Win10 Store, think there's a INF setting that up a bit from the cab file provided for it in the 19.4.1 thread.

No real issues with these so far either, seems it's a bit hit & miss from what I'm reading elsewhere but that appears to go for the entire Adrenaline 2019 driver chain since back with 18.12.2 so probably doesn't mean too much, major changes and possibility of breaking some things isn't anything new and it looks like AMD has mostly resolved the problems with the initial launch though I suppose the real thing is once or if they start backporting some of these changes from Vega down to Polaris as well or not.

And for Vega I guess some of the changes are intended when it comes to Wattman and such, just works differently compared to the newer VII card in a number of ways or how to say. :)

For Anno 1800 I wonder if the reliance on CPU means that while important the GPU and AMD's D3D11 bottleneck might be more of a thing though then again PCGamesHardware I think it was did a early performance test and found that D3D12 didn't add much but it might come down to how it's implemented and what it's utilizing compared to D3D11 possibly. Beta ran well enough considering the older hardware I'm on though I found the visuals fairly similar to 2205 but I guess once you get a decent sized city going that's when it really pushes the GPU and CPU. :D
    (PCGH test I think used a custom performance test with a city with 10k population for their run on how the game did on different hardware.)

But there could still be gain even if it's single digit and probably under 5% since there are driver releases with notes about a 4 - 5% gain and listed testing hardware though from what I am reading it's fairly CPU bound with Anno so probably a bigger factor although GPU is probably close by too especially once the city starts sizing up and more geometry and effects and what not are on screen. Or how to say.

I did alright getting through the beta, citizens kinda hated me though so riots and unhappiness. Think 24/7 work schedule should have prevented them having time for rioting but apparently not. :p So yeah not the largest of towns as a result but it sure looked nice all on fire and with the people running around screaming...
    (Need to look into who had the radio playing this march music too, impressive for the early 1800's technology but it kinda blocked the rest of the soundtrack.)

EDIT: Wonder if the full game has some additional improvements, guessing the tech side of the beta is fairly close though and things might change for the first or second patch though probably more about bug fixes and balance adjustments unless there's something more pressing that needs to be addressed in how the game runs.
    (Need to read up on how D3D12 is doing too both performance wise but also stability wise.)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    As 19.4.1 works fine and im not playing Anno or WarZ im gonna wait for the next branch.

LocoDiceGR and Jackalito like this.
  8. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    Current drivers work fine with the May update--I'm on it (v1903, build 18362.53) and have been for a couple of weeks. All of the AMD Adrenalins have worked with every insider build Microsoft has published for Insider's since v1803 (which I never had any trouble with) was released. It doesn't seem as if, thankfully, Microsoft is still doing things between builds that screws everyone's drivers...;)

Jackalito and LocoDiceGR like this.
  9. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    I set my Insider's Group Policy so that Win10 builds don't install any drivers--it's been that way for months. Won't work for Home, of course, but Win10 Pro allows group policy changes like this and much more. I install all my hardware drivers, including chipset drivers, manually after each Insider build installation--takes all of 3 minutes. Sometimes just the build install process--I always upgrade and I never clean install--will overwrite a driver file here and there unintentionally, so I just do this to avoid any driver-related problems, etc.) I dropped back to the slow ring with 18362.53. I'm usually in the fast ring, but I like to give Microsoft a few builds into the next release to get the basic bugs killed--then I go back to fast....;)

LocoDiceGR likes this.
  10. cookieboyeli

cookieboyeli Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 @2126
    You can toggle the same setting with registry only in Home edition.

Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate]
    "ExcludeWUDriversInQualityUpdate"=dword:00000001

JonasBeckman likes this.

11. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    It would be nice if AMD considered the WDDM 2.6 drivers release ready, but I couldn't care less about it until Win10 1903 even has launched officially. Even then, we don't really know anything about what WDDM 2.6 actually brings to the table, nevermind any current or upcoming game that will benefit from it.

12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Maybe we can hope dxr will come on amd cards with wddm2.6 in 1903 update, you never know. ;)

Strange Times likes this.
  13. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    What application are you running that could take any advantage of WDDM 2.6 on current AMD hardware?

Krteq and Strange Times like this.
  14. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Alessio, do you have any info about new features in WDDM 2.6? I'm just curious what is inside :)

15. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    As far I know, it is required at least for new Direct3D 12 features like variable rate shading (not sure if current AMD hardware will ever support it... and developers are still waiting for "standard" barycentrics support) and the new driver shader compiler background behaviours. It should also bring a proper DirectML support.

However, outside developer stuff, I am not aware about any application or games using them (VRS should work on some NVIDIA hardware at least).

16. mapnam charun

mapnam charun Member

GPU:
    GTX 550 Ti 1024 MB
    Hi,anyone experience msi afterburner or gpu-z report fan speed 0 rpm with this driver but the fan actually running and showing @ wattman.Tq

17. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Vulkan runtime 1.1.106.0

VK_AMD_display_native_hdr
    VK_EXT_full_screen_exclusive
    VK_EXT_host_query_reset
    VK_EXT_metal_surface
    VK_EXT_pipeline_creation_feedback
    VK_EXT_ycbcr_image_arrays
    VK_KHR_surface_protected_capabilities
    VK_NVX_image_view_handle

https://vulkan.lunarg.com/doc/sdk/1.1.106.0/windows/release_notes.html
    https://vulkan.lunarg.com/sdk/home

They're backwards compatible so while it doesn't mean much until the driver has support for it and probably also software side in the game itself well occasionally the runtime can have some fixes but it's probably mostly on the driver side to get that implemented and then what the game uses but there's a new version out. :)

Probably faster support on the Linux side of things too with the open source drivers and then how wrappers implement and use this for e.g DXVK and Proton which could be useful for compatibility with additional otherwise native Windows games, think compatibility is improving pretty rapidly assuming the game isn't entirely broken or something that is.

EDIT: Can also work on NVIDIA but they do have a separate Vulkan beta driver already which is also often updated with the latest VLK changes though the driver branch can be a bit behind the main release driver.

Just to mention it and again it's not going to be doing too much without all of it adding up both driver and this runtime and then the game or software having support or utilizing these extensions.

Not sure how AMD numbers or adapts to these either, occasionally the driver release notes will mention VLK extensions but it could still use a older bundled runtime and report the same driver VLK version though this doesn't have to mean much as such.

Resulting performance gain is definitively a thing though, would be really neat to see what AMD could be with a rewrite for the D3D11 drivers but yeah that's years of work getting all that tested and bug fixed and what not though I am curious how far behind it's hindering them too not having certain things like the command list feature though on it's own it could just be 5% or less or it could be more, game or other software would also have to utilize it well or have all these compatibility overrides and tweaks or semi or outright hacks both for performance but even for bug fixes and overrides of various kinds. Must be quite complex of a code base they have for display drivers whether AMD or NVIDIA. (Well I guess that goes without saying.)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
    Jackalito, Undying and OnnA like this.
  18. shakyor

shakyor Active Member

GPU:
    380x
    380x
    Very bad driver for me
    My sekiro performance is worse compared to 19.3.3

Stable 60Fps with some drops to the 50s

60fps are impossible
    Avg 30-45fps

19. Strange Times

Strange Times Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6600 XT
    bad driver too. pc can't wake up from sleep/hibernate in 1809.

20. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Stick to WHQL if You have Problems.
    Im still on 19.4.1 Apr.3 WHQL -> No problems so far....