Nvidia adds new monitors with G-Sync Compatible label

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Still waiting for ultimate G-Sync solution, which would be some kind of adapter between the GPU and Monitor.

cryohellinc likes this.
  3. TalentX

TalentX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX4090 AIO
    Why exactly do the majority of displays have built-in AMD FreeSync instead of Nvidia G-Sync again?

4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Because "true" Gsync (as in, not Gsync-compatible) requires an additional hardware piece in the screen, which costs a lot of money.

5. Raider0001

Raider0001 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX Nitro+
    I am waiting until nvidia makes frame rate limiting in the driver, hate to waste my memory for that using rivatuner, AMD knows it is a necessity and has it built in.

6. kazama

kazama Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 X
    Did someone test the xl2730z?

7. BReal85

BReal85 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapph RX 570 4G ITX
    Because they cost a LOT more. Check a 27" 1440P IPS solution: ASUS MG279Q vs PG279Q (Freesync vs. G-Sync): the latter costs $170 more. And it's "only" 27" and 1440P.

INSTG8R likes this.
  8. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    This so much. I think we will get there eventually, as right now they understood that price premium that Gsync adds to any monitor is too much for the vast majority of people.

However, indeed, if we had an intermediate solution which would allow us to use it with any screen ( or at least a compatible screen) this would be Perfect.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  9. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Is the RAM usage of your install that much? I honestly never bothered to check how much memory RTSS uses (although, I doubt it's exorbitant).

10. Segamon

Segamon Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4070 Dual
    I read in some forum that some people got it to work but not without issues, some say you need firmware v.005.
    hopefully it will be added to the list down the line.

11. Torr

Torr Guest

GPU:
    GTX980ti
    There sort of is one already for nvidia.
    If you use Nividia inspector by Orbmu2k (free download) you can edit individual game profiles or even create them.
    In the profile list is a frame rate limiter.
    It does work but I've not used it.
    If you mess the profile up it can be reset back to default.
    Exellent utillity, I use it to get some old opengl games working where you need to turn onExtension limits.

12. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    It's a shame they abandoned the System Software.

I used to set my GPU Fan Speed.

13. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    ... Waste your memory?

Why, how much do you have, 4KB?

Seriously.

Both AMD's driver framerate limiter and Nvidia Inspector's framerate limiters (V1 and V2) have more latency than RTSS ..

14. TalentX

TalentX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX4090 AIO
    I don't recommend using this method to limit fps, as it may result in performance loss. Best option to limit fps is using the limiter from the game itself (if available) or just keep limiting with RTSS.

15. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Not to mention that rtss does a much better job at keeping frametimes in check.

yasamoka and fantaskarsef like this.

16. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    A pity there's a bunch of Freesync monitors that work just fine with Gsync but they'll never be validated, because Nvidia requires Freesync being enabled by default to validate the monitor.

Both have pretty much the same shitty panel too. I wouldn't purchase either. The production defects in those panels are just off the charts, so many reports in various forums.

Right now I'm keeping my eye on the LG 27GL850G-B, I just worry it will be really expensive.

17. psefergr70

psefergr70 Member

GPU:
    gigabyte g1 gaming gtx970
  18. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    That's what nVidia's custom G-Sync is...the "adapter" is extra circuitry inside the monitor housing. That's why G-Sync adds ~$200 to the price of a monitor. Doesn't apparently work any better than the hardware-free version that AMD turned over to the public domain, that nVidia is using here. However, I don't use either and I never see the artifacts that it is claimed one is supposed to see sans G-sync or Free-sync...;)

19. NCC1701D

NCC1701D Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    That's a really cool idea. Does the gsync module require some kind of special tuning to work with the specific monitor it's embedded in? Would be neat if you could just plug a small adapter into a monitor between the display cable or plug it into the monitor's USB port.

It seems like from these recent moves that Nvidia might move away from the Gsync module altogether in the future. I'm not educated enough on the topic admittedly, but isn't Gsync considered superior to Freesync if you take the added cost out of the equation? I thought it allowed for lower input lag and higher range of Hz to be covered, but I could be mistaken.

20. Richard Nutman

Richard Nutman Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7800XT
    I had my eye on the LG 34GK950F, but on overclockers forums the number of buyers with downright broken panels is alarming!
    Hopefully with NV now supporting Freesync and Intel todo so in future, hopefully Dell will release more freesync panels.