Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Carfax, Apr 13, 2019.

1. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Ok...I'm intrigued!...let's see how this will pan out!

jbscotchman and cerebus23 like this.
  2. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Definitely more of an announcement trailer than anything else, but still very intriguing. This type of game is definitely right up my alley.

Even though I hate resetera, I can't deny that they are a good source for gaming news and information. So I'm putting down a link for the resetera thread if anyone wants to read it as it has a lot more info and screenshots:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/st...a-respawn-november-15-2019-ps4-xb1-pc.111361/

3. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Meh, no gameplay shown :(

4. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Nope, much to the chagrin of resetera and libtards everywhere, the protagonist looks to be another "boring" straight white male.....with brown hair no less! :D

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    would liked to of seen gameplay. I wounder if the star ship carcase was the one StarKiller ripped out of the sky, and if Starkiller is the tropper behind the mask.

None the less I intrested, with low expectations as with most EA games.

6. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
    [​IMG]

7. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Oh crap, apparently Chris Avellone was the main writer for the plot! :eek:

I'm calling it now! I predict there is a woman (likely a Sith) behind that masked assassin and she will fall in love with the main protagonist after they duke it out and he beats her, but spares her life instead of killing her.

Anyone want to bet?

Solfaur and cerebus23 like this.
  8. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Well I'm already right in two aspects. That masked assassin is definitely female (those hips don't lie! :D), and she's a Sith.

[​IMG]

DocStrangelove and Solfaur like this.
  9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    A Star Wars game that is actually challenging to play would be kind of nice.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  10. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    Battlefront 2: "See events from the point of view of the Empire!"

Ends up being about 3 missions.

Fallen Order: "Explore the dark side of the Star Wars universe!"

You'll most likely bang that chick after 3 missions.

No one so far but the old(er) BioWare actually explored the darker sides of things in the Star Wars universe in a convincing and lasting way, be it in KOTOR1, 2 or in Old Republic with the Sith Warrior / Inquisitor campaigns where you could turn a Jedi and make her kill her Master or zap filthy Republic spies in interrogation rooms with Force Lightning for pleasure. There is in me, for now, approximately a 0.56% chance I'll be interested in Fallen Order. And it's EA. How on Earth am I supposed to believe it's actually going to be single player proper to start with? HOW? Someone needs to explain that one to me (actually don't, I genuinely do not care enough about this game to know about how EA seemingly want to apparently make sense as a video gaming-related company even for 1 hour in their modern existence).

Solfaur likes this.

11. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Titanfall 2 was the best fps campaign in years, cannot wait to try this one out!

12. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Agreed.
    And to know that Respawn have stood their ground to EA, making a solely single player game with no "pay to win" type crap. Good news.

XenthorX likes this.
  13. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Even though my hype for this game is almost 0, deep inside me I wish it will be good. If EA wouldn't be EA, and actually supported a decent single players game again, without riddling it with microtransactions for a change, I'd be VERY pleasantly surprised. :rolleyes:

14. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Well you're in for a potential treat then as this will be single player only and it will have no MTX's or loot boxes or any of that.

The story from what I gathered from the trailer seems pretty interesting with lots of potential but I hope the length will be just right and I wish there will be some replayability in the game like some sort of design where you can unlock things for a new play through or time/score based challenges, anything really. I liked the first Force Unleashed back in the day but once you played it, there wasn't much reason to go back to it.

I liked the system one of the Rogue Squadron games had on the Nintendo GameCube where you unlocked something if you got silver and gold medals on all of the missions so they could employ a similar thing here where you unlock a special skin or something if you "gold" all the missions.

Solfaur likes this.
  15. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Is that a Frostbite engine? Oh, boy EA should not presure everyone for using it. Its not a good engine for a roleplaying games and we all know that.

16. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Not sure if it's only me, but when that main character is shown, his face expression sometimes reminds me of ME Andromeda :eek:

17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Unreal Engine 4 is being used for this.

Undying likes this.
  18. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Awesome! I remember the Force Unleashed, can't say I was too much into it though. I hope with this one that there will be more "RPG" elements, they always go well with SW imho.

I'm surprised that they won't use Frostbite engine, but then again I think it was the dev's choice, and they probably had good reasons.I never played Titanfall 2's campaign, but I heard good thing from it, and they used the same engine in that one apparently.

Also, I don't mind a female villain, as long as the overall story and gameplay is good. It's just in recent years when political stuff started being shoe horned in bad movies/games, that people started to notice...

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this game now. :)

Repo Man likes this.
  19. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    They used the Source Engine in Titanfall 1 and 2, and Apex Legends.

I'm glad they are not using Frostbite.
    The engine was designed for FPS games, and anytime a studio has attempted to use the engine for something else... issues have come up.

Kolt likes this.
  20. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    No multiplayer, no loot boxes.... This I'll buy. Already looks better than the movie trailer.