NVIDIA GeForce Version 425.31 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by norton, Apr 11, 2019.

1. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Yes, mate, NV is gimping your four Titan Vs to force you to upgrade to sixty four 1650s. No, wait, two hundred and fifty six.

endbase likes this.
  2. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Shadow of the Tomb Raider 1080p, max settings, medium Ray Tracing shadows. Totally playable, cannot wait for these drivers to mature.

[​IMG]

Amaze and looniam like this.
  3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Hmmm, that's not the case for me.

I tested Shadow of the Tomb Raider on Windows 10 Pro v1903 build 18362.53 using the v425.31 WHQL driver and it runs fine under DX12, even with ray-tracing enabled at Medium, High or Ultra settings. Only played it for about 30 minutes though (with ray-tracing on Ultra) so it's not conclusive. And, of course, I have not done extensive testing of every DX12 game, only a hand full, but so far, so good...

If anything though, I would expect WDDM 2.5 to be more stable since it is more mature. WDDM 2.6 on the otherhand is so new that neither NVIDIA nor AMD have officially released drivers that support it. v430.00 is the only one so far, which I understand is only available to Insiders, and it is reported to be buggy from what I've read, having some kind of memory-leak when playing DX12 games.

4. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090
    yeah i get some crashes too, damn was a fool on installing the preview, but well i should've have expect some error on a preview rings, gotta go back to previous driver/os build.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019

5. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    I'm on this driver installed over the old one but if I DDU this one and reinstall it I get on my main monitor a strange white building up screen weird o_O

ps I have to turn of my monitor and put a backup back and all is good again

Wow just found the fix reboot after getting the white screen and voila it's fixed crazy stuff

6. Spax1171

Spax1171 Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 970 OC
    Metro exodus won't start too. BF V got some crashes too.

7. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090
    the secret is most people aren't smart as you clearly are

8. hemla

hemla Master Guru

GPU:
    nvidia
    - This driver installs in a bit different way than older ones and hence previous slimming tricks don't fully work. Telemetry will be installed even if it's removed from main driver package(hidden in *.exe?).

- My Pascal card won't boost as much as before, usually 12-24MHz difference(two ticks).

- Performance on average(fps) is bit worse than previous ones but minimas are either same or better and frametimes seem to be same or smoother, dependent on application.

9. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Are you running BFv in DX12 mode?
    DX11 works best with BFv with a 970GTX.

10. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    No issues here using NVcleanstall, no services or task Scheduler entries.

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I've played both Closed and Open Beta plus playing the game now and I've not had any issue with DX12 except bad performance during Closed Beta which was fixed. So, no crash or anything like that.

12. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    430's providing better performance personally.

13. HawaiianBrian

HawaiianBrian Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12 G MSI

14. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Nothing to do with DDU mate it is microsoft installing the DCH driver when it shouldnt and should be set to not install hardware drivers

15. Spax1171

Spax1171 Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 970 OC
    No. DX11 is the best option.

16. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX
    So
    observations

DX12 / ray tracing games- battlefield, metro exodus, (sottr is only a shadow component for ray tracing) seem to have had a 30-52% hit on performance on this driver compared to 425.11(on volta). The atomic heart demo runs slower/worse on this driver than the 425.11. The SW demo seems unchanged -unless one changes the frame cap from 24fps to 99fps in the .ini U4 setting. Then the SW demo is also slower on this driver.

Secondly, I noticed an inverse relationship in the control panel setting. "driver controlled" performance/power (in this driver), seems to run faster/ than "max performance" / or max performance runs slower than "driver controlled". I'll have to more at that. (compared to 425.11) but definitely opposite to what I was expecting.

Thirdly - instability. Games that have never given a thread of issues for me have done so on this driver. Metro stopped and exited in misplay. BF launched/ loaded and exited a few times.
    and SOTTR did a strange thing: upon level load (where the fog rolls past the jungle and ruins with the solar eclipse in the center) it hangs there -freezes and then 20-30 seconds later it comes up in the level. Normal MO is a few seconds of the scene and wham -I'm in the level. Not on this driver.

just some observations. Granted I'm on volta (my daytime job NN and medical require it for when I take work home) and I understand that volta/hbm2 is not understood by many outside of the research circle - but I also play games and get frustrated with nvidia strategies. I have contributed large technical threads and my intent is to inform. Sometimes I don't have answers and I welcome constructive input to fill in the gaps. Thank you

17. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Try reinstalling the driver with DDU/no internet and running the benchmarks on just one card.

18. Nwanko

Nwanko Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070 FTW 2151/5000
    Is the blinking or flickering still present in this driver while using g-sync ?

19. Michal Turlik 21

Michal Turlik 21 Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080Ti
    NVIDIA is STILL boicotting pascal gpus. Installed the 425.31 driver needed to run the Unreal DLSS tech demos and all my installed games just as the Unigine Valley and Heaven benchmarks did experience a performance loss around 8-10%
    Still waiting for the miracle? Stop giving those people your money.

densou and Venomsword like this.
  20. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    What miracle ?