Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.4.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 1, 2019.

1. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
    Undying and Jackalito like this.
  2. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Anyone with a 580 tried overclocking on these? Adjustments via Wattman are locking up my PC and forcing Wattman to reset.

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    19.3.3 is fine idk didnt istalled these yet but i can test it out for you ;)

4. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    I've only been OC'ing in Wattman but I swear I could raise the frequency % slider up to at least 15% extra before but now it locks/crashes/resets at anything above 5%.

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I never use dynamic option. I've been setting voltage and clocks manualy. What clocks are you getting while playing?

Installed these and just loaded my overclock profile 1500/2100/1.2v. Was playing DmC5 an hour or so no problems.

6. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT SWFT
    Any idea on Win10 19H1/WDDM 2.6 support?

Just got latest Insider Slow (19H1 prerelease) and while there are some interesting cpu gains (Firestrike combined test now, at last, works as it should), all my gpu related scores/benches are a bit down (about 250 pts in Timespy, 800 points in FS etc).

Disclaimer: Not complaining, I know it's a "beta" OS release, just asking.

7. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Official Next month, just like the OS update next month.

8. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    I get 1411 when gaming at 100% as that's my max on stock.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
  9. Caenyss

Caenyss Active Member

GPU:
    7900 XT
    I just had something really odd happen with these drivers. While I was playing Overwatch my monitor lost signal (display port) and my graphics card fan went MAX speed in an instant, I had to shutdown the pc completely for it to stop, reset didn't even work.

Temperatures were just fine, and I even use Chill. Odd.

10. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Shouldn't be any thing to worry about.

It's the new auto safe shut down built in to the bios, and can on occasion be triggered unexpectedly.

Pretty scary the first time you see it. :D

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Yeah, there is no really need for a concern. It happened to me but not with this driver, some of the previous ones. I think i was pushing card too far with an overclock.

Edit : I also had some fan issues with 19.3.3, wattman didnt save my fan settings on boot but with 19.4.1 its fixed.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
    Jackalito likes this.
  12. Lavcat

Lavcat Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7900 XTX
    I spoke too soon. I still sometimes get noise when I switch my monitor from another source back to the R VII.

13. Pyrage

Pyrage Master Guru

GPU:
    580 CF@ 1470
    It was probably because of an Overclock or high resolution scale in game. Overwatch is pretty gpu-high and will stress your gpu a lot. I had perfectly stable overclocks making Overwatch freeze my entire PC once, even though I can play BFV max out for hours with the same OC, 100% gpu usage without any crashes.

14. Caenyss

Caenyss Active Member

GPU:
    7900 XT
    I never use additional/manual OC on my graphics card, but I know mine technically is OC (ASUS ROG Strix Vega 56 OC model), though this is the first time I've had an issue with it, and the resolution I use is the default for my monitor, 1440p. But it hasn't happened any more times so I guess it was just and unfortunate event.

15. seriousdon

seriousdon Guest

GPU:
    Powercolor Vega64
    Edit: Actually it looks like they made some change where the fan speed now slowly tapers off over the course of 60-120 seconds. Radeon settings fan curve may be usable now, depending on how the fans ramp up...

Afterburner overlay is definitely not reporting the right temperatures and core frequencies however.

This driver 19.4.1 has once again broken afterburner (4.6.0 final) fan control on reference (powercolor) Vega 64. I can manually crank the fan speed up but can't slow it back down. Once again after a driver update I find my GPU running right over 90C and throttling within a few minutes of opening a game..

The built in fan controls in Radeon software are abysmal and make this card sound like a rejected 747 attempting to land in a hurricane.

Rolling back ..again..

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019

16. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I have everything written i VBIOS as I usually have. Wattman did start to ignore voltage since VII release driver, therefore I started to adjust voltage via MSI AB which does the job.

17. Morax

Morax Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Suprim X
    I experienced quite a few hard system freezes with these drivers (at least the non-WHQL ones. Yes I uninstalled with DDU-in-safe-mode beforehand), so I reverted to the previous ones I had installed (The 19.2.3, since I didn't bother installing any of the 19.3.x ones, so I don't know if they're 'stable' for me).
    So far I didn't have any crashes with the 19.2.3. (Well aside from the rare Power Management-related freeze that is (as in having the computer Idle too long, and freezing instead of going into Sleep-mode)).

18. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    just tryed a light OC 1400/2000 heavy undervolted @1,045v it works as the previous drivers

WDHL one

19. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

[​IMG]

20. Strange Times

Strange Times Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6600 XT
    what a reflections!

Keitosha and BlackZero like this.