AMD Teams up with Gearbox Software and 2K for Borderlands 3

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. IchimA

IchimA Maha Guru

GPU:
    7800XT Asus TUF
    I know this is bad for me to say , and I will get a lot of hate for it ... but this will only lead to more piracy .... As someone has stated in another topic ... better release it on epic and steam with different prices. For me EPIC does not induce trust. maybe I am old school or something ... And If you wait 6 months to buy it on steam .... you can wait another 6 for it to be on a lower price. Just my two cents

Darkest, Solfaur, sammarbella and 3 others like this.
  3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    First Borderlands game collaboration with AMD. If im not mistaken last two ware with nvidia.

Maddness likes this.
  4. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Not surprised as latest consoles have AMD chips anyway.

5. Tellthetruth

Tellthetruth Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070
    That mean no more bad coded and fps killer PhysX

6. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    When was actually the last time a game used NVIDIA's Gameworks anyway? This seems much better so both AMD and NVIDIA gets good performance.

7. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    How is this different then Borderlands 2 which was Nvidia/Gearbox and launched on PS3/Xbox One (AMD Consoles)?

Every Unreal/Unity game, every RTX/DLSS game. Honestly this game will probably use Unreal - so literally this game.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
    Maddness likes this.
  8. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    I don't think PS3 was AMD. It was a PowerPC cpu by IBM if i remember correctly.

moo100times likes this.
  9. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I was wrong - PS3's GPU was made by Nvidia, CPU by IBM - I was thinking of Borderlands 2 on the PS4 but I guess they released it for both. I forgot how old Borderlands 2 is.

10. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    So AMD are paying Gearbox and 2K a big whack of cash to bundle their game with some of their cards and to have a big ole AMD logo at the game boot screen. Seriously when was the last time that these colabs actually resulted in significant gains for the game? I get sometimes the game will introduce some stupid new tech that is exclusive to that card, such as the ray tracing BS with the recent Bf game or Physx with the last Borderlands game but does AMD even have anything like that? Do we even live in an age where PC hardware is being pushed to it's limits unless you are playing with uber high res or the game is very poorly optimized?

11. HardwareCaps

HardwareCaps Guest

GPU:
    x
    Hopefully will be as good as the RE engine Capcom developed with AMD

12. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Just for facts.

Ps3 is nvidia

Xbox 360 was ati (amd)

Not sure why you put xbox one, as borderlands 2 was not made for the xbox one, except via the handsome collection for the ps4 and xbox one, at that point being (console wise) only on amd, but still built from the ps3/360 version

Edit: nevermind i see how this has already been discussed.

13. ManuKey

ManuKey Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX 580
    100% with you on this.

14. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Gearbox needs to be working on a new Brothers In Arms game!

15. Rx4speed

Rx4speed Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 295x2
    I see this argument a lot. I don't get it. Games are released on only one platform all the time. Why is this any different than say Battlefield? And frankly, who can blame the developers? They save a ton of money compared to fees on Steam. Steam is F'n greedy. And sure in a year every game is cheaper in 6 months and then again at the year mark, regardless of where it's sold. Don't trust Epic, who holds more credit card number of gamers than any single gaming company and more than any distributor save Steam with no know security issues?

So what's your issue again. I'm old too. 50. But I don't get the hate.

Maddness likes this.

16. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I totally agree with you there.
    Epic is scum. end of story because of this exclusivity bs that they are doing. It is anti consumer which caused Steam to remove a game they had already to go for sale but had to pull out at the last second because of a deal that Epic made with the developer. It seems like Epic is greedy right now with the exclusivity bs they are doing.

Darkest, Solfaur and Keitosha like this.
  17. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    How would teaming up with AMD on Borderlands 3 lead to more piracy? The way I see it, a better optimized game for all GPU's will lead to better sales numbers. Going down the rabbit hole far enough, you could say the past 2 games with their terrible nvidia sponsored FPS killing options would lead to more piracy, since some individuals would be led to believe that a "cracked" game runs better than the normal version...

18. ub3rn00bur

ub3rn00bur Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Yes I agree Bring on the OS Brothers N Arms....Too many WW2's games to make more but this one is a classic.

jbscotchman likes this.
  19. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    Battlefield is EA/Origin exclusive because they own the franchise, are the publisher and therefore make it their store exclusive. This is not the same, it is third part publishers making their games exclusive to a store for a wad of cash.

With steam games, i can buy cheap keys elsewhere, with ~40% discount on new games, also Steam doesnt get 30% for these keys as mooted as a plus for devs.

Epic is more expensive than Steam for most games( not in US ), only has keys available elsewhere for games that were pulled on steam before release.

Epic store is also rubbish and totally underdeveloped.

Non first part games should be available on whichever store the customer wants to use or for the cheapest price regardless of store. Locking games to particular stores is an awful situation for PC gaming as it is forcing you to use a store and a higher price.

I dont give a crap about steam, im happy if a game is on GOG Galaxy or whatever other store, but the games should be available on all stores and let the customer decide.

Initially i wasnt so bothered with Metro but all this nonsense and getting worse by the week makes me just hate Epic store and just ignore it, and my opinion of Tim Sweeney has gone from well respected to w**ker.

Keitosha likes this.
  20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I believe he is referring to the exclusivity deal forcing the proper PC release date back 6 months not to AMD teaming up with Gearbox.....

Which when you think about it he is not wrong, as an example we saw this with Metro Exodus being one of the most pirated games within it's first few weeks even when compared to other popular games that have been out for many years prior.