Slide reveals Acer Nitro laptops to get GeForce GTX 1660 Ti and ... 1650

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    If asking price for mobile GPU is same as for desktop one, it will make good gaming Laptop.

tunejunky likes this.
  3. Moto_Life

Moto_Life Active Member

GPU:
    Msi 1070 gaming X
    After my experiences with acer you would have to give/pay me to use their products.

4. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I've had 3 Acer's over the years. They are pretty solid IMO

5. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    the 1660ti would be a huge winner in the laptop space as we won't have any Navi lite laptops until this time next year. give it the high refresh screen and free-sync and call it a day. add g-sync as an option along with more memory and OEM the hell out of it.

6. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    My 1st notebook was from Acer. It does still work after 15+ years. Yes, body was pretty bad, just putting finger under any corner could result in remaining 3 corners still touching desk as you pulled that one corner up by 1cm.

But it outlived my MSI and quite expensive ASUS notebooks.

7. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    My first laptop was Acer. The CPU socket cracked during the warranty period. That was just the biggest issue, on top of the smaller ones, some of which I had to fix myself after the warranty had expired. But then again, it was ages ago. My second laptop is an Asus one, it has worked without a single problem already longer than I used the Acer. Though for fairness's sake I used the Acer far more hours than the Asus. Still, the level of construction quality between my Acer and Asus laptops is vastly in Asus's favour. At some point I did get my mother an Acer desktop. I returned it to the shop the next day, as it was a pos that randomly failed to boot. After that I decided I don't even want to try Acer again. Not that I'd have got totally rid of Acer experiences since some of my friends have Acer devices, like a screen that won't wake up from the power saving stand by or a not too impressive laptop with net connection problems (and it's not even a laptop from the cheaper end of the spectrum).

But yeah, it's a huge manufacturer, so I imagine there are far more happy customers than unhappy ones.

8. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    It's just like anything else they all have bad ones/duds and I totally understand how one's personal experiences color opinions I have a few myself. I now try and read reviews and personal experiences before making my mind up. Reviews that are independent mind you like on this site.