NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 to be released on April 22nd

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Silva likes this.
  2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    179$ you can get a 580 8gb. Greedy nvidia, this card should cost 130$ no more.

Strange Times likes this.
  3. hemla

hemla Master Guru

GPU:
    nvidia
    Used GTX1070 from miner is around $150.

4. Strange Times

Strange Times Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6600 XT
    nice april joke nvidia

Neo Cyrus likes this.

5. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    I was thinking this would be a good card.
    Then I see it's the same performance as a 1050ti.
    Nope.

6. McFly121

McFly121 Member

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 4gb
    I buyed used(mining) Asus RX470 oc 4gb 6 months ago for 75 dolars and that eats Nvidia GTX 1650 for breakfast.They must be desperate for money.Big menagment needs bonuses.

7. McFly121

McFly121 Member

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 4gb
    No,NO,No not the same.They are actual worst.

Silva likes this.
  8. Yakk

Yakk Guest

GPU:
    Graphics card
    Let's see if nvidia's marketing can make this ridiculous price point work.

I think they'll be able to pull it off.

9. Jcegeland

Jcegeland Member

GPU:
    2060 RTX 6GB
    Seriously nvidia? I paid about 50 bucks some years ago for my used 770GTX and now in 2019 this still can`t beat 2013 tech for over 3 times the price. In my opinion this card isn`t worth more than 100$ max.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
    Strange Times and Silva like this.
  10. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Uh... you can't judge products based on what you paid for when used. The 770 was $400 new; more than double the price of the 1650.
    Also, I have a hard time believing the 1650 is worse than 770. The 1650 has double the memory, much higher clock speeds, presumably a few hundred more CUDA cores, smaller transistors, etc.
    If you're basing your judgment on this one game, I would take that graph with a bucket of salt. There are many GPUs in that list that seem oddly slower than they should be.

The 1650 is overpriced, but my point is you can't really judge a product's price based on the price of an old used model.

airbud7 and Aura89 like this.

11. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    If its greedy, people won't buy it so it doesn't matter. If people buy it, its not greedy.

So much this.

So many people on these forums...heck everywhere, try to complain about new products MSRPs because of sales and used sales. There's nothing to compare. It doesn't matter if a company is having a big sale or clearance sale or that you can find a used product for a good deal, MSRP gets compared to MSRP only. That doesn't mean someone can't find value in sales and used items, if it is enough to make you want to not buy the latest and greatest, then do it! But seriously, stop comparing and complaining about MSRPs vs non-MSRPs, do what you want or need to do and be happy with it.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
    airbud7 likes this.
  12. Jcegeland

Jcegeland Member

GPU:
    2060 RTX 6GB
    I know the 770 was much more than 50 bucks new and maybe your right with aprox 400$. but that isn`t the point. The point is that a such an old gpu still matches up with a card with a msrp of 179$ and that is pretty terrible. Wrong you allso get the 770GTX with 4GB, clockspeed in it self doesn`t really matter, its what the gpu can do with the cycles that counts. the 770 got the same amount of unified shaders that the 1660ti have acording to hwcompare. true it may outperform the 770 in some games, but that still dont change that this card still got terrible performence to value ratio in my opinion.

I agree with aura89 in that buy whatever you like, want or need, but i disagree in that you can`t compare old stuff with new. is there any other way to measure progress?

13. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I didn't say you can't compare old to new. Never once did i say that. You can compare old to new.

So lets compare old to new:

GTX 770, $399
    Vs
    GTX 1660, $179

Now you can compare.

But i don't understand this nonsense of something old being able to compete being a bad thing, i would hope if you buy something for $400, it would last a few years. The fact that a high end range card in 2013 can compete with a low end card today means nothing.

But i also agree with schmidtbag about this one benchmark being off.

According to this benchmark, both the gtx 1050 ti and 770 beat the 1650, even though:

GTX 1650 896 cores @ 1395mhz and 4gb gddr5, 128bit, 128gb bandwidth. (Rumored)
    GTX 1050 ti, 768 cores @1290mhz and 4gb gddr5, 128bit, 128gb bandwidth

And granted that is rumored, but thats the only information i can find, which tells me if true, this benchmark here is not correct.

Here's all the information from that website, which, you'll see, the GTX 1650 being better then a 780, is all over the place.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

techpowerups estimated relative performance looks more correct

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    Strange Times, airbud7 and schmidtbag like this.
  14. Darksword

Darksword Active Member

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 980 Ti
    So this card is for 1080p low quality settings, right?

15. Jcegeland

Jcegeland Member

GPU:
    2060 RTX 6GB
    aura89 "try to complain about new products MSRPs because of sales and used sales. There's nothing to compare." Yes i do compare the used price when it comes to my 6 year old 770GTX.
    I have never said that it`s bad that my old 770 still can hang with newer products, this card has given me many many hours gameplay :)
    I agree that the benchmark dosnt show how this product will really perform overall but that we will see in the not so distance future.

16. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    I don't think that is the most reliable benchmark personally, but in any case it appears they are launching a GPU that matches the performance of the 1050 Ti and at the same price point (going by newegg's current low end model pricing). That's a pretty crap release even without the deals for AMD RX 580s at the same price and noticeably more powerful. Doesn't Nvidia realize that people don't want same performance for the same price (or higher)? We want better performance for the same price otherwise there is zero reason to upgrade....

17. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    YOU can, individually, since YOU found it used for whatever price you found it and YOU didn't mind getting a used GPU. But that literally, not figuratively, has no business being brought up in any discussion about MSRP prices of of any product. Again, it's great you found something for a price you liked, used, but that price has zero to do with the MSRP of this or any product, it only has to do with what YOU purchased something for and were okay with buying.

This discussion is about the MSRP of the GTX 1650, and if we want to compare it to the GTX 770, then it the only logical, non-personal way to discuss it, is the MSRP of the gtx 770, at $399.

Any other discussions are personal and have no business being compared except to you personally and not here the forums discussion about the GTX 1650s MSRP

I seriously do not understand what is so hard to understand about reality.

If we all want to just discuss personal purchase situations then i guess i have the best of them all since nothing will compare to the GTX 1060 6GB that i purchased used for a dollar (from a friend) and we must discuss now how horrible the GTX 1650 is for $179 when i got a GTX 1060 6GB for $1

With how nonsense that statement above is, hopefully the point has been made.

airbud7 likes this.
  18. Jcegeland

Jcegeland Member

GPU:
    2060 RTX 6GB
    Aura89. seriously maybe you should consider taking a chillpill or something. you choosed to react to peoples personal opinions in a forumpost. i can compare whatever i want. you have a different opinion than me and thats fine by me, but you are getting it confuzed if you think you can tell me what i can or cannot say. I see no point in arguing with you further. have a nice day.

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    You're not comparing anything relevant, different cards released in different economic times.

20. Jcegeland

Jcegeland Member

GPU:
    2060 RTX 6GB
    Hehe.. another one :D too me it`s simple. how much do i pay for X given performence. So for me and probably many others it`s relevant. I dont care if it`s a noodle, a handbag, your left tit doing it. Details like inflation, vram prices, gpu manufacturers cost, shareholders cut, the component prices and so on that`s really not relevant to me as i stated what i care about :) Bang for buck

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019