The Division 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    It would be interesting to know if anyone tried the game with DX12 today.

2. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    I'm running DX12 since open beta. What do you want to know? :)

3. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Playing today with DX12 and no crashes or stutters.

4. Kono

Kono Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    DX12, latest patch, no problem..

5. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I'd say about 10-15fps across the board on an average. So a scene that's 60 in part one is say, 48 in this one. The lighting is more advanced, therefore more demanding, and the textures are higher res in places, shadows seem to also have additional advances.

warlord likes this.
  6. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    So we are talking about an average 20% performance hit, more or less. Thanks for the answer, much appreciated.

Serotonin likes this.
  7. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I play @4K. So is there a bigger hit here vs. 1080 or 2K, etc? Not sure. But yes, that's accurate, for me, my rig, @4K..I'd say 15% to 20%. I see low 30's much more often in this one.

You can do a comparison, here's Hilbert's benchmarks on the original: https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/the-division-pc-graphics-performance-benchmark-review,1.html
    And here's his on the sequel: https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/the-division-2-pc-graphics-performance-benchmark-review,1.html

Edit: It's very similar to my system, same settings, my system did 47fps where his benchmarks did 49 with a better cpu. So it's reliable. I remember years ago OTHER sites would put these scores that just were never attainable..ever...lol

warlord likes this.
  8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    [​IMG]

That was a tough one, really having a problem with enemy shots going through solid cover and when they use gun emplacements similar to how they don't have ammo constrictions on firearms there's no cooldown though they do take a pause between bursts now and again at least.

Beyond that though things are working fairly well, one mission left but before I go World Tier1 and mess everything up there's more to scour from the now fairly trivial standard encounters without the extras that Tier1 introduces though higher gear score... :p

EDIT: And while nitpicking can the specialized please stay marked and not go "!" every session. :p
    (That's been mentioned more than a few times on the official forums and the Reddit for the game though so they ought to be aware of that at this point. :D )

EDIT: Well hello Tier1 and goodbye outposts, so much for my master-plan of re-looting these in T1 and getting some starting equipment easily without using trader Imma Ripyouoff in home-base there.
    (Ohh isn't that nice some one of a kind signature weapon? 50 credits no haggling!
    Hey anyone wanna buy this signature weapon of someone-important-but-dead, 5000 credits no haggling!)

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
  9. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    I though Printscreen is taking screenshots and now I found I took nothing while playing, oh well ...

10. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Pretty sure it's f12 like on Steam.

11. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Yes, it is, I wanted to show you some funny shots just to find I saved nothing :-(.

12. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Thought I'd try DX12 tonight after the patch, 20 minutes in and CTD, went back to DX11 and game was stable for hours. Perhaps eventually they'll get it working fully. Game's totally playable under DX11 so I'm not that bothered, it's just that DX12 runs smoother with less random stutters.

13. GSDragoon

GSDragoon Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX 6800
    tldr?

14. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    I actually had two CTD's yesterday but both at the point where you're at the menu looking at your character and click continue, restarted and both times it was fine.

Got to World Tier 4 day before yesterday and then yesterday tried the daily challenging mission, it's fair to say I'm not quite ready for that!

15. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Well, today two CTD's, first when fast travelling to a safehouse, second when running to a bounty I'd activated, both about 5mins after launching the game :( Guess I'll have to try DX11 mode then.

16. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Just tried DX11, what a stuttery mess compared to smooth DX12!.
    So only what needs fixing is grass flickering.

17. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Yeah just switched to DX12 and no crashes but performance is much worse and it doesn't look as good IMO.

18. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    I'm getting random stutters as well. Not very often but they do happen:

[​IMG]
    No crashes though.

DocStrangelove likes this.
  19. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Run ISLC in the backround.

20. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    I have it running but it only triggers when less than 640 MB is free, which is basically never. You suggest a different setting?