Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.3.3

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by LocoDiceGR, Mar 21, 2019.

1. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Report this to AMD.com
    They need to fix this.

Im positive that this is here:
    Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AMD
    Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\AMD

Find something like - is loged in.

2. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    I tried these settings. Enhanced sync always makes fps being reported in hundreds of fps, even with ftrc set to, in my case, 75. It doesn't matter what program: msi afterburner, client overlay (steam, uplay, etc.), in-game counter (for example rainbow six siege), always displays excessive numbers of fps. In gameplay sometimes it shows proper values.

3. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Report it to -> https://community.amd.com/community/support-forums/drivers-software
    Im not having this issue, if i set it to FS range - it stays up to 70FPS
    Acording to AMD Enchanced Sync is good for Low Lattency Gaming e.g. Awesome in BF Games.

4. densou

densou Member Guru

GPU:
    XLR8 4060ti 16GB
    hey folks....how are 19.3.x doing in OpenCL and stuff? e.g. Photoshop
    Cos I'm gonna put a low-end Polaris into a HTPC for some light photo editing+productivity.
    Thanks

5. Xzess

Xzess Member

GPU:
    R9 380 4gb
    The framecap does not add lag by itself, it only adds lag when it reduces frames to maintain estable framerate, for sure if you have more FPS the less lag you'll have, if you cap in 70 and your pc can do 140 you basically double the frametime, but it's not noticeable.

@OnnA I had tried Enhanced sync, but introduces strange behabiour in some games, mostly sttutering. I know enhanced sync was made to mitigate tearing at higher framerates than the monitor refresh maximum, but I personally don't need more, all what I whant is smoothness. But if it works for you perfect! it's more like the other method to do the trick, one uses lees cpu/gpu, the other maximices cpu/gpu usage, the result maybe smooth in both cases.

OnnA likes this.
  6. justdoge

justdoge Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX580 Gaming X
    yes, there was reddit about it and post on div2 froums as well

7. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    noob question: when a new driver package is released someone write about new game support or new game profile added in it

game profiles that can be created in the radeon panel, are there only to force some parameter in the game based on the .exe file or they also include some hidden optimization for the game? is it possible that between not adding the game .exe file in the radeon settings or adding it (even keeping all parameters to default) seems that the game runs a bit better not so much in terms of fps but in terms of optimization / stutter / gpu wattage?

another question: is it normal that including wattman profile to a game i see it applied running as desired, but back to desktop is not restored the default wattman profile?

8. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    XXXX Ready i think means under the hood config optimizations for the game.

Maybe its nothing and just marketing...but i believe it is under the hood stuff.

9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Driver would have optimizations and flags and other properties for the game in question or often ahead of the games public release.
    The extent of this varies heavily but the support can be anything from fixing smaller bugs and performance optimizations to near full shader replacement and correcting serious bugs from the developers side.

There's a interview or something like that some years old now from a ex NVIDIA employee and the state of this for DirectX 9 and DirectX 10 with DirectX 11 then standardizing and setting things down further though there's still plenty of problematic PC ports using D3D11 and non-standard ways that some developers implement or use even well documented features so the practice is likely still alive and well, going by projects like DXVK wrapping D3D11 to Vulkan (Primarily to aid Linux compatibility.) and their insight the practice is still alive and well and even modern games hit some curious snags.

In-game Radeon Settings profile mostly just sets some overrides exposed to the user so you can have game specific settings though it bugs easily so some override off and then it being on in global and it might use that instead, think it's improved but best to double check particularly if you bring in Wattman settings in this mix.

EDIT: The underlying multi-GPU profiles and other bits would also be internal in the driver much as being able to set GPU compatibility overrides might be helpful (Or harmful, performance and stability wise.) to help with titles that might not have scaling at all or poor scaling until SLI or Crossfire is ended completely.
    (Though the full complexity with tons of flags and properties would probably not be easy to expose as a setting for you average user and would need to be simplified greatly.)

OnnA likes this.
  10. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I like RTSS, as you can set frame-time instead of frame-rate as target.

Undying likes this.

11. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    There are a couple things that can happen ,
    To preface, amd's game profiles that control optimizations /fixes, are stored in the blb file

1. A new "gameready" driver may only contain an updated blb that enables certain optimizations for a game
    2. The new driver contains a new optimizations/fixs for the game, and is controlled via the atiapfxx.blb file

the blb file can be modified by a user, the settings it controls are largely undocumented however, which makes usage of such options pretty much impossible without someone(who is familiar with Driver development) testing each one, by hand. (something no one has bothered to do for obvious reasons.)

Game profiles in the radeon settings control panel are really only user overrides/toggles for certain features, not so much for optimizations.

12. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Weird :/ cannot install this driver on W7 using 2x HD 7970 in crossfire , always bsod ...

13. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Weird :/ , Windows 7 in 2019 ...

Strange Times and GSDragoon like this.
  14. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    thanks for clarify

LocoDiceGR likes this.
  15. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I use Windows 7 in 2019 for benchmarks purposes only , not for my daily driver , for my daily and other PCs in the house W10. I was trying to run old 3DMarks for points at hwbot on 2x HD 7970 but i was fighting the OS and multiple bsod caused corruption , but after a fresh W7 x64 installation and changed to 2x HD 7950 instead of the 2x HD 7970 this drivers ran flawlessly !

Example here using W7 x64bit and this new drivers 19.3.3 perform great for benchmarks: https://hwbot.org/submission/4114756_chispy_3dmark05_2x_radeon_hd_7950_66532_marks

Weird 0_o Windows 7 in 2019 ...

[​IMG]

OnnA likes this.

16. paulco

paulco Member

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX6900XT
    There are a few reports of some 7970 models driver not installing on AMD forum.
    MSI Lightning and Asus(model not mentioned), two makes mentioned.
    AMD have repro'd it and working on it.

chispy likes this.
  17. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Thank you for pointing that out and i found one of the threads here - https://community.amd.com/thread/236829 , exactly the same thing is happening to me , indeed i tried installing these drivers on 2x Asus HD 7970 Matrix and just like the MSI Lightning they have voltage control for v.gpu , v.mem. , v.pll and llc in software and it was a no go even on a freshly install of W7 always bsod , i wonder is this bug is related to these cards been so open on voltage controls.

Kind Regards: Chispy

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  18. m2896

m2896 Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX5700
  19. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    -> Radeon-Crimson-Catalyst-15.11.1beta-nov14

I have always this installed after normal Adrenalin....
    1st Adrenalin
    2nd 15.11.1beta-nov14

I have all options for my Screen, even Profiles for fast switching between Gaming + 1.5Gamma and Normal Reader mode with (-) Gamma ;)

20. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Even AMD finally officially put this into their Drivers Section.

Drivers and Software
    AMD software and drivers are designed to work best for up-to-date operating systems. Please be sure to update your operating system before installing drivers.

OnnA, LocoDiceGR and Undying like this.