Review: The Division 2: PC graphics performance benchmark analysis

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 15, 2019.

1. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    This. As newer drivers are released I think people will be shocked at what the 16 series is capable of. I'd bet money that it will be around 1080 performance within 6 months.

Caesar and airbud7 like this.
  2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Has anyone seen any flickering windows, glass patterns or 3d objects (signs/magazines) that looks a lot like Z fighting, theres a few guys claiming they do but no video i've seen has demonstrated it by regular streamers.

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    DX11 and 12 use BC formats that have an equivalence to DXTC, if you tried to load DXTC directly you'll have issues :p, and many game dds files are just raw ARGB now.

Also, compressed textures are unpacked when loaded to the gpu by most resource loader libraries at high settings, very few actually even bother to retain them as a compressed resource unless the settings offer the control for it. What does happen though is that the images are saved with mipmap values then the game selects what level of mip based on the selected quality level, so a single dds covers multiple quality settings instead of having to duplicate the resource for each quality level.

Lets be frank, none of the studio's live in the real world when it comes to system recommendations,

Rockstar still suggests 8GB is enough for GTA5, we know how well that pans out.....

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  4. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    Nah. Vignette isn't something that changes much, nor does it require any processing power, nor does it affect any lighting. Do you know what vignette is? It simply darkens the edges of the screen slightly, that's all.

5. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    I know what it does, but in closed/open beta it actually fixed something when overbright happened. But I did not experience this with current version anymore :)

6. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X
    Direct graphical comparison of the Division 2's 2018 E3 showcase and the final retail version of PC.

7. HWgeek

HWgeek Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6200 Turbo Fotce @500/600 8x1p
    Just saw TT review- how they got VII to beat 2080Ti?
    [​IMG]