Creator Ready Drivers - GeForce 419.67 WHQL CRD driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by kurtextrem, Mar 20, 2019.

1. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    I have used modified Quadro drivers for while and they're performed much better than GeForce drivers

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

2. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Nah, they are the same. Game Ready comes with optimizations (well, yeah) for recently released games. These - for recently released creative/production software. Both contain the same fixes from previous releases.

3. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    I wouldn't say these drivers will be cutting edge or ironed out, last Quadro drivers caused CUDA errors/crashes in Octane or IRAY and in many renderers which do use CUDA due this I would be very careful with such assumptions

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

4. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    So basically we can just install the latest driver? Then why all the confusion with different names. Marketing? ugh

@jura11
    No I meant they are new so they may have some sort of bugs like you mentioned.

5. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    whats version?

anyone knows the branch?

sapo_joe likes this.
  6. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
  7. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    yep, exactly the same as the game ready from what i see, apart from a different splash screen on install.

8. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    What a shame

insp1re2600 likes this.
  9. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    r419_50-5

419.35 were r419_29-2

10. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    Changes and Fixed Issues in Version 419.67
    The following sections list the important changes and the most common issues resolved in this version. This list is only a subset of the total number of changes made in this driver version. The NVIDIA bug number is provided for reference. Fixed Issues in this Release
    - [DaVinci Resolve]: Performance drop occurs. [2532482]
    - [Ghost Recon: Wildlands][Ansel]: The game experiences low performance and stuttering and then crashes when using Ansel. [2515076]
    - [HDR][Far Cry:New Dawn DirectX 11]: Desktop brightness and color gets overexposed with ALT + TAB when Windows HDR is disabled and in-game HDR is enabled. [200495279]
    - [Total War: Warhammer 2]: Poor performance when using antialiasing. [2506465]

- [Adobe]: Artifacts may appear in Adobe applications (fixed for single-GPU case). [2533911]
    - [Apex Legends]: Screen gets corrupted when switching from windowed mode to fullscreen mode when Windows HDR is enabled.[2523309]
    - [GeForce Experience]: Parts of the screen are cut off when recording video with Shadowplay. [2517587]
    - [Turing][Star Citizen]: The game flickers and then crashes to the desktop. [2518104] -
    - [GeForce GTX 980]: NVAPI calls take a large amount of CPU time. [2418933]
    - [Titan RTX]: Graphics card rises about 20 degrees Celsius when running NVLINK command to enable TCC mode. [2504836]
    - [GeForce RTX 2080][Notebook][Resolume Arena 6]: The game exhibits slow performance. [2511725]
    - [GeForce RTX 2070]: With two monitors connected and active, the second monitor flickers. [2517103]

so, have game fixes too

cookieboyeli likes this.

11. cookieboyeli

cookieboyeli Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 @2126
    Hey don't forget iCafe! :rolleyes:

Vidik likes this.
  12. artina90

artina90 Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    This driver seems to have a different .inf name compared to the gaming ones: [​IMG]

13. Dagda

Dagda Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    well in that case, i think it's fine they are going to make these, in my case content creators and graphic designers can't start off buying an expensive quadro card if they are going to have benefits in the software i use they are welcome.

14. Herochild

Herochild Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    So...why can’t we have a driver that has both the optimizations for the creative apps and the optimizations for games? Seems odd that you’d have to choose.

And still no fix for the resident evil 2 remake brightness bug...

15. DpaKc

DpaKc New Member

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 970

16. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    The Creator/Game Ready Driver naming is confusing and unnecessary IMO.

They should just drop both and just call the latest build a graphics driver, nothing else, and list whatever has been fixed in the notes.

This driver is, from what I understand, the same driver as v419.35 but with additional fixes for applications *and* games. Therefore I don't get why NVIDIA would call it a Creator Ready Driver and, thus, mislead gamers who may be waiting for fixes for Total War: Warhammer 2 or Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands.

When I opened up GeForce Force Experience and checked for the latest driver I was told I had the latest version (v419.35). It was only when I clicked on the three dots to the right that I realised there were now two options for the drivers! Why hide away this option?

17. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Will they be moving the 900 series into legacy though? Weird to see it absent from the supported list.

18. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    I assume this will require DDU update for proper cleanup?

19. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    I don't understand this. Why creating two set of drivers when all the fixes can be put into one?

tiliarou and Herochild like this.
  20. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    It almost looks like Nvidia is just tacking random buzzwords onto their driver releases now to increase popularity with different target audiences in order to coax them into buying their overpriced cards because "they are cared for". :p

In any case, driver is driver. If it works well, does it really matter what it's called?
    That said, I'd love it if they would just call them drivers, naming them differently is confusing, especially since these "Creation" drivers also provide fixes for games.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019