So who has deleted their Facebook ?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Repo Man, Mar 28, 2018.

1. HK-1

HK-1 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Power Color
    eh!! well I simply always HATE FB some years ago when I see how to system works I try delete my account and take 90 days or more I don't remember ;) still in another hand I admire MZ and your wife when I see your help for poor peoples around the world (MZ make part of rich club that also have Bil Gates and more 9 dudes if I'm correct) :rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
  2. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Deleted my FB several months ago before all this controversy. Not sure why so many are surprised FB sells your data. Just about everyone does. People can't be this stupid..

Lex Luthor likes this.
  3. ladcrooks

ladcrooks Guest

GPU:
    DECIDING
    what is all the fuss about? Soon as your born your data has started to build up! Hospitals, doctors, schools, councils, gaming and .............................. So what is the point in moaning? You got something to hide?

You a pedo, a terrorist ......... Its not like someone is going to come up to you in the street and say, ' Don't i know you? You like hairy bikers cooking program on BBC1.'
    If you want to advertise yourself on Facebook and look and act like a chav and expect it all your own way then carrying on being a dummy.

Never been interested in any of the social media sites.I am not against them, some people do act normal, and why on earth should any of these sites give you a free ride? What would the overheads of Facebook cost for millions of people wanting to show themselves puking up outside a pub on a Friday night? Administration, servers, the whole concept is still a good idea, even if i am taking the piss.

Crikey lets stop the moaning!

One thought before I go! I watch a lot of true crime and wish that everybody that is born now on birth have their DNA taken and at a later age if looking problematic check to see they have a small medulla ( part of brain - serial killers ) :D

4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I'm still amazed by how many people clearly don't get what the OP actually asked about, if people quit FB because of the influencing story that now is said to target up to 87 million users in a way that not even FB wanted to have it happen.

5. ladcrooks

ladcrooks Guest

GPU:
    DECIDING
    OP - In light of all the recent events of Facebook claimed to collect data on its users and use that data for this and that, followed by hashtags to delete facebook, anyone actually deleted theirs ?

Hope part of my answer was related to FB if the above was a dig at my comment :p

6. Size_Mick

Size_Mick Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070 8GB
    Doesn't anyone remember a few years back when Mark Zuckerberg himself said that anyone willing to share their personal info on Facebook were "dumb f*ucks"?

I've never had a facebook account, partially from privacy concerns, but mostly because I'm waaaay too ugly for social media :p

BetA likes this.
  7. EugenioB

EugenioB Guest

GPU:
    8 GB
    Social networks are unique to my interest to know as facebook video downloader, since there are some very interesting that I can not find in another network

8. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    guru3d is my facebook ....if the boss bans me I will cry like a baby!......:p

I truly love you guys and this place....intelligence level is off the chart here.

RzrTrek, Serotonin and big ROBOT bill like this.
  9. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Does not even opening the facebook app or visit facebook counts? It's basically just as good as deleted imo. :p

Haven't used it for a few years now. I may open messenger app once or twice every couple weeks for some random family stuff.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
  10. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    Deleted and remade several times over the years, kinda' been in a mood with socializing. Finally decided to delete it once and for all last year, not looked back since.

This is worth watching (4:06) -

Full interview (56:16) -

11. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I deleted lifelog...I mean darpa...I mean facebook 2 years ago. When I realized I was just showing the government and big business my entire life for their sake, I decided to axe it.

12. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Never had facebook and never will, or anything like it, never understood the appeal of putting your private life up for all and sundry to gawk at.

13. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    [​IMG]
    Come on! He's a hero!
    /s

Once years ago I went to sign up, got about 2/3 in a all of a sudden all these 'friend' suggestions of family members, a couple of high school people I'd not seen or talked to in decades....I was HELL NO...shut er down.

Repo Man likes this.
  14. Deleted back in 2012' - best weight loss program ever.

RzrTrek and TekkMarine like this.
  15. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    The collecting of data imo not so much of an issue, it's helpful for myself as i am able to keep in touch with relatives and friends from all around the world.
    As of late however i've been tempted to close it down due to trolls with an agenda, they've also introduced ad's halfway through videos.

16. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    You don't mind an app actively watching your location at all times? You know facebook has geo-location trackers, so they can sell every store you go into your info.

17. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    I like seeing adverts for Montblanc & Hugo Boss, nah that stuff doesn't bother me at all.
    What grinds my gears is the rampant disregard for ones self esteem and honour in either the comments section or feed.
    Like really? Here's a post from Linda that contains said persons picture, location and job title with a comment about how they think <insert ethnic group> are the cause of their problems.

It's a breeding ground for hate these days imo, cat videos tend to balance it out however.

18. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    And listening to everything you say. Your phone 'caches' everything it hears and the facebook app (and any other you approve) can download all that data whenever it chooses. If your phone can hear you, nothing you say is private.

19. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    FB has been useful to me in connecting to long lost friends from my school days. Beyond that, its of no use to me.

20. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB