Metro Exodus

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scatman839, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
  2. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    So there's at least one gun with no lights on it if you want to avoid the distraction of gun sight lights when you are in very dark areas. I know sometimes you need a light like the lighter to see. But other times for immersion you may like no lights from the weapon ruining the atmosphere.

And in real life when you are sneaking past enemies in the dark you wouldn't want those green or white gun sight lights glaring in an obvious way. Unfortunately the compass and watch/clock on your left arm are still lit up. You can make them go off screen if you lower the weapon while crouching and don't look down too far.

Anyway this gun, a small machine gun which doesn't appear to be very powerful, is located in a bandit camp in the northwest of Caspian. It's in the outdoor toilet on a wood walkway at the west wall in the bandit camp.

3. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
  4. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    By Far the Best Metro of them all! I loved how they added more Stalker like mechanics to the game + the story itself is pretty interesting to say the least. I just wish I was able to play it on Pc instead of Xbox one.

Maddness and Shataan like this.

5. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    I'll try my best to get the Bulldog (IIRC), the rate of fire isn't fast, but it's deadly. I've tried other sub-machine guns but this one's the best for taking down enemies, more economical in term of bullets. Takes a shot or two to take down an enemy. The sub that Artyom starts out with requires quite a few rounds (other than headshots, or maybe, my accuracy's off) to take down an enemy.

6. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    Ok a sort of short post this time, no droning on and on as I've done before. Why is there a kind of long section in the central area of the Dead City region with very low radiation so that you don't even need a gas mask? Doesn't seem realistic in the middle of a widely contaminated area.

I think have an answer but I'll wait to see if anyone posts about it first if it even matters. I looked on the net and people acknowledged there are some gas mask free areas due to very low radiation in some parts of the Dead City. But didn't find any reasons why the radiation is so low in those places considering the hype about the whole region being generally contaminated.

7. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Do I have correct impression that the game will sell in Steam after some time?

8. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    One year after release I think.

9. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Feb 20th, 2020.

It's exclusive to Epic for one year.

Which, the big upset there is that it was originally announced and advertised as a Steam game. It was one sale on Steam until a week or so before it's release date.
    That is bad business.

10. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I see. Then I will wait.

AsiJu and lucidus like this.

11. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Why do you care man, just download epic and buy the game, ur gonna suffer waiting 1 year to play this and for what just that it s not on steam....

12. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Convenience, I suppose. Also, suffer?

AsiJu likes this.
  13. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Suffer?
    It's a video game. Not something crucial, or overly important.

Not being able to play this until next year isn't going to bother me.

And, why do you care if people would rather wait and buy it from Steam? Doesn't affect you any.
    Steam is a better platform, better services and features. Far more secure. And... here's the kicker... it's about personal preference. Some people CHOOSE to wait for the Steam release.

Kolt and AsiJu like this.
  14. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    It's not suffering, it's annoyance towards a shitty company that makes me want to puke. I chose not to buy it on EGS since I don't want to support their unethical and dictatorial business methods using a vastly inferior platform which is completely overshadowed by Steam in every possible way. I personally wouldn't mind EGS existence if Exodus was released on Steam along with EGS.

Kolt, AsiJu and lucidus like this.
  15. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    Gamers just want all their games under one store: Steam. As I said in many other places, the only reason we Steam users use another launcher is for the exclusives. We want a monopoly.

eGGroLLiO likes this.

16. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lol dude, we've spoken about the EGS *a lot* in this thread :p The client is so featureless, you'd lose out on nothing if you played the scene release instead. Even junk like origin and uplay look advanced. Epic's security is lacking, performs questionable activities on your pc, and protections like refunds have caveats like only 2 auto refunds are allowed.

Also, why would you waste $60 on the epic games store? :p Epic exclusives don't have any other source of buying the game except grey market sites like cdkeys. You can't buy games like Metro, Ashen, and the division 2 outside of epic (and uplay in that instance). They're just not worth it.

Kolt and AsiJu like this.
  17. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Seriously.. if anyone wants to know why anyone doesn't want to support EGS just please feel free to look back a few pages and you'll find plenty.. No point in acting like there isn't at least 20 pages worth of this topic alone.

On the specifics of waiting a year, I don't think it's a big deal at all for anyone to wait for what would be a better package deal to them (Steam features, cheaper, and more patches/fixes by then). It's 2019 and there are plenty of titles to play in the meantime. If you are any bit like me you are probably knee deep in a backlog of games to play, so waiting for the more polished release isn't a bad thing at all. If I didn't get it on Steam when I did I would be waiting a year as well with no real consequence other than a little wait time and playing other amazing games instead. The only ones really losing out is Epic (not touching their launcher/store) and the publisher since you'll be most likely getting a discount. The developers have most likely already been paid their salary..

It's kind of like how I waited for GTA 5 to be on PC or how I am waiting for Red Dead to do the same. I have a PS4 pro but I don't want to play those games on that system. I'm ok with waiting and supporting my platform of choice. I understand I am "missing out" on Red Dead right now but I don't care as I can wait for the better experience. So really.. I support anyone waiting a year. It's not like you are actually missing out on anything. Let's be real here..

AsiJu and lucidus like this.
  18. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    That's not a fair comparison. You need to buy specific hardware to play console exclusives while you only need to install a launcher to play an Epic exclusive (the term is a bit of a misnomer, as it doesn't exclude anyone). If I only needed to install another launcher to play RDR2 then I would - being hardcore PCMR, I refuse to buy a console :p

I'm the kind of guy who would play one game for years, so missing out on a new title isn't that big a deal for me. Still, I don't particularly care about which launcher I have to use - to me, it's all about the game. People talk about how terrible the Epic launcher is but it seems just like any other launcher to me (like Origin or Uplay). I am beginning to wonder if people have actually used it before criticizing it, or if they're just going along with what the haters say.

19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    It would be nice if they released the game for PC on Steam.... I would pick it up right away.

I know what you mean about playing one game for years, I'm legitimately still playing Skyrim, never finished it, it feels like it just keeps going.

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  20. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    To be fair I do own most consoles (except for Xbox).. When GTA 5 came out I could have played it on console, but I was totally cool with waiting for it to come to PC. Just like I am with Read Dead. I do play Smash brothers/Mario Kart, but I know those will never be on PC (outside of emulation) and I honestly like and want to support Nintendo.

As for the Epic thing it's not about just installing another launcher (for me at least).. if Epic did things in a nicer way then it wouldn't have been a problem. They took a game that was advertised as being available on Steam for a very long time last minute to make it exclusive on their store. At least the Origin/Uplay/etc exclusives are and have been exclusives and are from their own publisher. To me Epic crossed the line when I felt like I had no choice but to buy Metro on Steam that day or I wouldn't be able to for a year. Since then it's been downhill with all the controversy (like how the launcher rips Steam private user data, their CEO is a complete moron, how featureless the launcher is, and etc..) Really if it was just about installing another launcher I would be right there with you.. but it's not.