new driver for x-fi titanium series

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by squalles, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    WHQL has nothing to do with secure boot at all. Just thing about non-WHQL graphics drivers, they do not stop any device to use secure boot. WHQL is just a gimmick used by Microsoft to earn money and give IHVs the right to use the "certified for windows" sticker. Secure boot just needs a proper platform key, nothing more, it a UEFI specification not Microsoft.
    WHQL is only needed to install drivers on a clean Windows installation (thet are not required on an installation upgrade), otherwise generic driver or no-driver at all will be used. After installation you only need proper signed drivers and WHQL is not needed. It's simply a Windows (clean) installation thing. Secure boot will continue to work anyway.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  2. feidlimid

feidlimid Member

GPU:
    N/A
    Can somebody please tell me how to integrate the PAX tweaks for these drivers? It seems @Rob McClelland has retired according to this thread.

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    You are entirely incorrect,
    Read the Secureboot WHQL requirements and what Certificates are permitted

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...code-signing-policy--windows-vista-and-later-

"Starting with Windows 10, version 1607, Windows will not load any new kernel-mode drivers which are not signed by the Dev Portal."

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...ure-boot-key-creation-and-management-guidance

boombastik likes this.
  4. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Kernel mode driver sign does not mean WHQL certification.

They are two different things, WHQL is just a paid useless addition, needed for a sticker and Windows Update server upload. Kernel mode driver simply need a proper sign certificate not WHQL certification. WHQL additional sign is not mentioned anywhere. You can also use the dev tools to create your own Certicate, use it in a kernel driver you develop, and use it to boot that driver in your own machine with secure boot enable... and you can also share your driver with other people if make them manually install as trusted your own certificate (and that's the real big difference between your and Microsoft trusted root certificate driver which are already present in all machine since OS installation or OS update).

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    You're wrong.

Read the documents, stop arguing against something you have no idea about.

WHQL Submission has been free since 2015
    And has always required completion of the HCK test kit, and providing of the results before a certificate private key wa provided. The private key is no longer provided directly to vendors, it is automated by the devportal.

Secureboot will not load self signed certificates on Boot start type drivers even if you import them into trusted and root publisher, it will code 39 with the certificate revoked message.

Even nvidia had to adjust their Hotfix signing practice to have the DevPortal WHQL certificate so it would function on 1607 secureboot systems.

The only drivers that can load with non-whql signatures are those not installed by a pnp inf, those like Rivatuners service drivers that are on demand executed and registered as a service directly via an application.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  6. Christian Nowak

Christian Nowak Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Alguma notícia sobre o novo driver x-fi Titanium SB0880?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  7. feidlimid

feidlimid Member

GPU:
    N/A
    Which model X-fi sound card, exactly? There are several models.

8. Christian Nowak

Christian Nowak Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Modify** Titanium SB0880

9. feidlimid

feidlimid Member

GPU:
    N/A
    Christian Nowak likes this.
  10. Christian Nowak

Christian Nowak Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Yes, I had the same problem that some had, code 39. Windows 10 1809 all updates.

"Windows can not load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Windows can not verify the digital signature of this file. The signature certificate for this file has been revoked
    ."

In post 18, they mentioned that creative recognizes that the new drivers have problems, so I'm following the topic and waiting.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    that insider note has nothing to do with the signing issue, infact after my conversation with their CSR their engineers apparently had no idea the PCA2010 certificate wouldn't cut it.

Also did some further digging into the openal issue, and what i discovered is that either Creative altered the openal spec and didn't tell anyone (coz duh, no creative connect / sdk anymore) but their openal driver doesn't know when a stream has ended so it doesn't clear the voice buffer to let another sound play, atleast 2 implementations of OpenAL's usage have been altered to work around this but neither are applicable to overall usage, I don't expect creative to resolve this themselves so i'm looking at getting a custom openal router sorted out that will detect when a stream gets stuck and clear it by force.

12. boombastik

boombastik Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3060 msi 8gb
    The post 18 has nothing to do with certification.I send a photo about the certification differences that an audigy Rx have and pcie x-fi. Now they removed their driver from the site.

13. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    true, maybe another new and updated driver fix the problems, with the new driver i had missing bass sounds and lose cpu points in benchmarks, probably the sound back to be processed by software like in newer cards (ae5-x, soundblaster z and etc)

i´m back to 2016 driver and no have these bass sounds missings and my cpu score points is back to normal

14. feidlimid

feidlimid Member

GPU:
    N/A
    I have just noticed that Creative have removed the XFTI_PCDRV_L11_2_40_0016.exe driver from their site and the "latest" one is now XFTI_PCDRV_L11_2_40_0015.exe. I wonder why XFTI_PCDRV_L11_2_40_0016.exe was removed, too many people have problems with it maybe?

Link to Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium page.
    Link to XFTI_PCDRV_L11_2_40_0016.exe (still working at time of posting).
    Link to mirrors in case above link is removed

15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    it was removed because it is not Compliant with Windows 10 1607+ driver signing policy.

16. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    I have installed L11_2_40_0016 disabling secure boot, but those removed drivers does not remove/fix any problem. Still bunch of static sounds, crackling noise with everything that uses direct sound, and in some other cases. Crative promised Windows 10 drivers in the beginning but they never worked properly. It’s a damn luck that lot of FH4 gamers have X-Fi Titanium cards and now Microsoft reacting.

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    i think you have a physical issue with your XFI, this is not at all surprising given that the age of some of the cards meant they were manufactured during the bad caps era.

18. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Still using these with no issues.Re-installed Alchemy just for fun as well, using 6 buffers / 15 duration for majority of games and benchmarks.

I think most issues users are having are related to Win10 more than anything else, audio and video drivers.It's like you have to switch up your usual settings every time the OS gets a major update.

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    The openal issue with sounds disappearing is confirmed on TPU with this driver set, but there are ways to workaround it in the application, if you can get the developers attention....

20. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    Not at all, the card works perfectly fine on Windows 7. It’s a known issue and MS currently working with Creative on a fix for Windows 10 1903:
    • Creative X-Fi sound cards are not functioning properly. Microsoft is partnering with Creative to resolve this issue.