The Division 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, Jun 10, 2018.

1. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    On a 2080Ti it was ok with shadows at medium, everything else maxed but it was not a solid 60FPS.

I play at 1440P, everything maxed and the game runs at an uninterrupted 60FPS.

I'm sure if you turn enough stuff down/off you will get a stable 4K/60FPS but I prefer max details to resolution.

2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I'd say it would require some tweaking all right but shouldn't be impossible if you're OK with lower IQ . I tried Ultra on a 1080Ti @ 3440x1440/95FPS and had to dial down a few things to get it close to 85-90ish.

3. Death_LV

Death_LV Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090 GAMING
    877mb update!!

shoja likes this.
  4. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    The Division 2 - Patch Notes 14/3

Weapons

• We removed a work in progress weapon that was not properly named and balanced.
    • Crossbows now deal explosive damage to multiple objects as intended
    • Exotic weapons equipped with silencers will now produce the sound they’re intended to make.
    • NPCs engaged in combat will now react to grenades as intended.

Missions

• The ropes will now deploy properly to allow for extraction at the end of the Beekeeper Jeff side mission.
    • Players should no longer be able to unlock Castle prematurely. This issue would block progression in some instances.
    • Fixed a loot exploit that involved repeatedly killing bosses in some Invaded missions.
    • In Jefferson Plaza, the NPC scene can no longer be interrupted during a boss fight.

PC specific

• PC players playing together while connected to the same network were meeting a number of issues when interacting with each other. This has now been fixed.
    • On PC, FreeSync 2 HDR can now properly be selected in game regardless of your PC’s configuration.

Other

• Stopped "SHD CPU V.2" and "Cyclone Magazine" skill mods from dropping as loot. Player's who already have the items can use them once they unlock the corresponding specialization perk.
    • Players will no longer get stuck on black screens after watching introduction cinematics.
    • We have updated XP rewards for all end game activities, so that they will scale to the player’s level, instead of being flat values.
    • Several corrupted audio issues have been fixed.

5. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, so I was just playing around with the benchmark in 4K and even after turning a lot of the shadows down, it was still dipping into the 40s.

As far as single card goes, you're not going to play this at 4K/60FPS without turning down a significant number of settings.

Deal breaker for me, I'll stick to 1440P/60FPS max details.

(It doesn't come as any surprise that there is no SLI profile either)

6. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    Hm, I'll go fetch my 1440p monitor from storage. If I can't get 1440p/60 locked I will be cheesed off.

7. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    BangTail : and that was under DX12?

8. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    @spajdrik

Yep.

Oh and Ubi, I have few complaints about this game but either give us a select fire option or just make all the Assault rifles either single shot or full auto.

3 round burst is absolutely useless when combined with the damage mechanics in this game.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  9. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Yeah I used them to get 20% off from the game. I was initially going to go with cdkeys but thought I'd pay a bit of extra just to be safe knowing that my game won't vanish due to a possibly dodgy key. That and I fancied a copy of Far Cry Primal

XenthorX likes this.
  10. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    try 4k with resolution scaling at 85%.

11. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    @metagamer

Yah, not for me, I don't like scaled resolution.

12. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    1440P is the sweet spot atm. 4k has few more years to become mainstream.

13. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    @shoja

The first one is fine in 4K/60FPS (as are most games of the last few years).

I suspect that some more demanding newer titles (2019 and on) are going to require lowering settings or resolution to maintain 4K/60FPS.

Hey, not being able to play @ 4K/60FPS is probably one of the biggest first world problems I've ever heard of; and if we're being honest, it's not really a problem as 1440P still looks great.

shoja likes this.
  14. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Agreed! I have a 4k display ready to go, but my 1440 G-Sync Acer monitor will do for now. That Acer monitor is the only display I have kept from my last build, it's one of the best displays I have owned in a while. The colors are extremely accurate (IPS), and my games look fantastic on it.

While I have your attention, do you by any chance know how to turn off that crazy glow coming from the sky in this game? I am going to sit down, and play around with all the settings, but if you or someone else knows right away, that would save me some time. That glow looks ridiculous and unrealistic imo

15. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    @shoja

I am not experiencing that, the one thing I turned off is 'Vignette Effect' but I also run with HDR on.

If I had to guess I would say it was 'Lens Flare', that's what it sounds like and it can be disabled.

signex likes this.

16. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Servers down for maintenance

17. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    How many hours ?

18. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Wait up! weren't they down for maintenance earlier too or last night ? Could be a routine maintenance for launch prep but if there's a new update, I be expecting some patch notes ya'll hear me!? :p

19. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Twitter says: (1 hour ago)
    Agents, we encountered an issue with the planned patch and will re-schedule the maintenance. We will update you when we know more about the timings. Thanks for your understanding and patience.

20. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Does it go live at 12am UK?

Uplay : Devst8ndscodve