Intel Teases Its New Intel Graphics UI

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 13, 2019.

1. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Ah..forgot to mention I haven't used a monitor in over a decade. Almost stopped caring for monitors completely. I'm using a big screen 4k tv as my monitor for my gaming rig and it's great. Pretty hard to find a tv that isn't 4k now. It also probably helps that I am completely satisfied with 60hz/60fps. Personally prefer a reasonably priced high resolution big screen at 60hz over those small screen low res monitors that are found at the same price or more.

2. Dazz

Dazz Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2080
    Maybe they can't because the team that designed it have been sacked, left the company or are 6 feet under. And no one else knows what to do, sure feels like it anyway.

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    depends on what you call standard? is Standard meaning it viable by masses? or standard as in it pushed and advertised ? 4K is standard in what is pushed and advertised sure, it is anything but standard as in viable for the masses.

4. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Yes....for the most part 'standard' is subjective and it's a moving target. I think you would agree that the standard consumer TV now is 4K not that the standard content available is 4K. Those are two different things. There's not enough 4K content.

Embra likes this.

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    standard content isnt even 1080p for most content well Satellite/Cable, it is for most Streaming and Bluray and PC games and what not. forget about 4k becoming the standard content any time soon even when it does start to be reality it wont be true 4k content for some time see above comment about 1080p...

6. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Depends on where you live. There are countries here in Asia that have 4k broadcasts.
    My comment was originally referring to the hardware not video content. By now, a lot of people have 4k tvs, even if they don't watch 4k content on them, that's all that is sold and practically every PC game can go in 4k. I think we all know a pc can be simply hooked up to a tv by hdmi and there are quite a few people doing that. So getting back to my original argument, it's not unreasonable to want to play games at 4k ultra 60fps on pc.
    Which is why I have a 2080ti in my system. For the most part, it does a great job at keeping 60fps at 4k ultra or mostly ultra settings.

7. ....& I bet they hired the guy that built ACA's Billion dollar website to design it... heh-heh... He probably charged Intel $50 bucks'

8. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Standard is multifaceted word. 4K may be standard in TV technology. Sure, screen resolution is widely available at reasonable prices. (Average person can afford it, and buying entry level 4K TV is not unreasonable.)

But as of gaming standard... Sorry, that's 1080p. Average person is not gonna pay for gaming PC more than double of what Gaming console costs. And that's what is going to deliver 60fps+ @1080p in most of AAA titles released in last 12 months.
    When cost of PC capable playing 60fps+ @1440p becomes low enough to be considered alternative to buying gaming console, we may start talking about 1440p becoming standard for gaming.

4K is and will be out of question. Price of 2080Ti alone which you mention is sufficient to buy 2 sets of gaming consoles and TVs for them. And even if 2080Ti was cheap, it would not make 4K truly mainstream. Because there are games like DX:MD where average fps is ~60 and frame rate drops go down to ~40. Or Kingdom Come where average is in 50's.

9. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Woah, we're getting sidetracked here a little. I never was talking about pc hardware. Of course your average pc gamer isn't going to have a 2080ti. You're absolutely correct. My original comment is kind of getting buried by other comments but I was talking about 4k screens being standard and available to most people. That's all.

10. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I see, happens sometimes. There was already other post mentioning "...4K is not yet the standard in PC gaming, far from it actually..." to which you replied from your PoV w/o clarifying what you did now.

Yes, for 4K media consumption, It makes sense as I wrote above. And I agree. Even if one does not have 4K content as often.
    Even 1080p content looks better on 4K due to various post-processing methods. Mere frame rate interpolation (doubling or more) is going to result in original 1080p pixels being moved to sub-pixel locations... places where 4K has actual pixels. Then who wants to have 40''+ TV with huge pixels where one can actually see separate R-G-B elements. :D
    And absence of 1440p TVs kind of led to faster adoption of 4K too.

tensai28 likes this.

11. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    In most regions, it's still easier to find 720P and 1080P TVs than it is 4K TVs.... At least until you get into the 50 inch and larger range. For me, unless buying online, buying a 4K TV is a challenge as my local retailers only carry a handful of 4K TV's while carrying dozens of 720P and 1080P TVs because those are still the top sellers.

12. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    I've got Dish and there's very few 720p channels left. Almost all are 1080i/p depending upon the channel and they have a few 4K HDR 60p events too. Not enough 4K content and channels. But, it all requires more bandwidth $$$.

Where do you live that there is not a Walmart within a few miles? I'm finding exactly the opposite unless you're going with the cheapest, it's harder to find less than a 4K. The panels are nearly the same cost.

13. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
    Intel has hired on Distinguished Engineer Tom Petersen from NVIDIA :rolleyes:

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  14. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    I don't know where you are in the US, but last time I was in New York, there were plenty of 4k TVs in best buy. I live in Taiwan which is a pretty high tech place in Asia. It's home to practically all that we love here on guru3d. Don't get me wrong, Taiwan can be super traditional and old fashioned at times but the latest tech is always available and everywhere.
    Anyways, we don't need to make this into an argument, I was just making a point when a user made it seem as if wanting to play at 4k ultra was unreasonable. My point was 4k screens are mostly available to all now and wanting to play games in 4k, isn't unreasonable. Obviously it may vary by region but we can't deny that 4k screens are becoming more and more common. The price of the hardware and what is required to run games at that is obviously a completely different story.

15. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    Only 1.53% of steam users have a 4k display. Heck, even 1280x1024 which many of you might remember was popular around 2000 with the first LCD displays has more users at around 2%.

16. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    There's 5 Walmart stores within 15 minutes of my house. Those Walmart stores carry mostly 720P and 1080P TV's. The only 4K TVs they carry are 50" and 55" TV's. The local BestBuy is stocked similarly. Nearly everything under 50" is either 720P or 1080P, and account for the majority of TV models they carry. They have 1 or 2 TV's that I've seen at 43" that are 4K.

airbud7 likes this.
  17. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    That's one huge difference to Europe. We do not really shop for electronics in person very often. I personally compare and order what I like online. Pick place to deliver (be it home or particular shop). And if I do not like the product, I send it back w/o issues.
    In case of TV, one may likely want to see it before buying, but even then I would not buy it in store directly unless it would mean very good discount.

US always gives impression that people love those big shopping centers. And here with around half a million people in city, we have just 2 large shopping centers :D

airbud7 and fantaskarsef like this.
  18. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    It seems pretty much the same as the current GUI , except they added game profiles.
    And even that is not special. anyone can make a gui to set 16x AF vsync or resolution. If its like Geforce expierence, that just writes to the config files of the game, not even forcing it.
    And i wonder if this fixes all the older games which have problems to run on Intel GPU.

19. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Whether or not people like shopping centers depends on where you're at. In some areas, shopping centers do great. In other areas, shopping malls do better. Seems to be dependent on the residents. In my area, we have too many shopping centers to count, 1 in-door shopping mall and 2 out door shopping malls. We even have 2 "out door shopping malls" that are configured like shopping centers....but they refuse to be called shopping centers. They all stay pretty busy from what I've seen.

I only buy TV's locally. If it's not on a store shelf, I don't buy. The delivery drivers in my area are horrible for destroying packages, and since they are all union, the carriers claim no responsibility. The carriers tell you to file a complaint with the union, who won't do anything. The physical stores carry products that they see the most sales from since they have limited space. The physical stores cater to the shoppers, which is common of stores that want to stay in business.

Fox2232 and airbud7 like this.