The Division 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Yes it was "considerably" faster with DX12 on my setup as well. Mostly because my i7-2600K@4.8Ghz is beginning to show its age and also because the game is hitting very high drawcalls on higher detail settings.

2. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Really great post I just read on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/b0jtrp/the_immersion_is_incredible/

Credit to OhioBoi17 for the post.

DocStrangelove and Repo Man like this.
  3. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Yeah, saw that earlier. The world is in fact a lot more alive than in the first game. BTW guys, you already probably know this but if you cancel your skill early, it'll shorten it's cooldown. Example, you have the healing droid out, you kill a bunch of mobs and are fully healed. You can hold "E" or "Q" (depending on which button you have it mapped to) and it'll call the droid in. The cooldown is now shorter that if you let it expire.

serbicu likes this.
  4. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Damn that's pretty cool! My games pre-loading and can't wait to play on Friday after work and all weekend. I really enjoyed TD1 but felt it lacked polish, TD2 seems to improve on that a lot based on some of the streams I was watching last night and I especially like that the TTK vs NPC's seems shorter now as the mobs in TD1 soaked up so much lead it got almost dull in some fights.

Barry J likes this.

5. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, the game is really first rate, I can't stop playing it (just hit Lvl 22), it does not detract from the greatness of the first one, it simply complements it.

Massive have a done a stellar job here, absolutely top drawer.

I would also say that they learned from the disastrous launch that was the original because this one feels really streamlined, I haven't had any issues to speak off with the exception of some rubber banding last night (and I kind of expect that with so many people wanting to play at the same time), there are technical limits to what can be accomplished beyond the desired 'perfect world' scenario.

AsiJu, XenthorX and metagamer like this.
  6. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    yep, great game. I'm lvl 21, probably done for today, will hopefully hit 30 tomorrow.

XenthorX and BangTail like this.
  7. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    you guys are killing it, i still have to finish devil may cry for christ sake ! :eek::eek:

8. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Playing on Win7 DX11 - over 8 hours now, havent had a single sound problem or crash. So this game is pretty well optimised, esp considering how the closed beta hardly ran smoothly at all. Great job, Ubi & Massive. There, i said it.

SpajdrEX and BangTail like this.
  9. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Had a few hours tonight, just hit level 10 and finished the TV studio mission, best mission so far and definitely feeling it and enjoying it more this evening :)

BangTail likes this.
  10. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE

11. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    damn only level 17, enjoying it so much just exploring the world.

BangTail likes this.
  12. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    @DesGaizu

Yah, when I hit 25 I slowed way down.

I don't do CheatVP so I'm in no rush although I am having serious trouble tearing myself away from the damn thing :p

13. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    fyi for those with "standard" uplay edition, you can start to play in 9 hours, China/Japan/Australia VPN.

14. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Servers are down for maintenance for 3 hours.

15. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    I wish Uplay had a wider selection of games as I quite like it. I like the idea that I can play the game, complete challenges and earn U-coins ( or whatever they're called ) to buy ingame unlocks.

16. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    You can also get discount on uplay store with uplay points. I grabbed a couple games with 20% discount (if i recall right)

17. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Best to keep some side missions left until near the end, their XP gains scale up with level, making it easier to level up near the end.

DesGaizu and BangTail like this.
  18. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    would 4K/60fps be possible using a 1080ti with some settings tweaks?

19. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, I have several left and I'm right on the cusp of 29 so it probably won't take long.

It's one of those games where I wish the Story was a few hundred hours long but the missions have been very good (some excellent) so I'm not complaining.

AsiJu likes this.
  20. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Played for an hour, and so far..... awesome! Just like the first Division, I was supposed to follow my quest path, but then I saw a ping from a player asking for help. Next thing I know I am all over the map with this random dude doing random activities! This is what I live for hahaha 10/10 (so far)

Question: Which option do I need to turn off that eliminate that crazy glow (bloom?) you get from sky? It's too much, and that's not how it works in real life. I would rather see the streets as far as I can.

Edit: Add This_is_Sabaaa on Uplay, let's squad up!

AsiJu likes this.