Overview of Zen 2 / Ryzen 3000 processors spotted online

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 13, 2019.

1. HWgeek

HWgeek Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6200 Turbo Fotce @500/600 8x1p
    On ASUS even some A320 got the new bios with upcoming cpu's support.

2. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    If those prices are $, you aren't kidding! That's $40 less than I paid for my R5 1600 which overclocks to a max of 3.8Ghz, on just a hair over stock voltage--100% reliable. I'd be happy getting just 4-4.1 GHz on all six cores with the 3300...! Add that to a ~20% IPC improvement--and--whew, AMD is going to be tougher for Intel than the company has ever been! If these prices are right, AMD will gain massive market share quickly. Intel FABs seem to be dropping far behind the independent FABs, apparently. That's what AMD realized years ago--when it sold its FABs to the Global Foundries folks--having your own FABs can sometimes be a real drag--as well as an advantage.

3. NewTRUMP Order

NewTRUMP Order Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3080
    Lets hope Amd doesn't rush these to market and stumble out of the gates like they did on the first release. I can see why Amd may be releasing earlier than rumored, but don't rush in and get it all wrong. They have the best chance in years to really pounce on grabbing a larger piece of the pie from Intel here. Fingers crossed that all the drivers work, the motherboards are tuned into the ZEN2 cpu, and that they are not so memory sensitive and work with any ddr4 memory used. Intel has mismanaged their company, abused their customers dignity with pricing and been the ugly step mom. Intel left the door open for next few months to give AMD'S Zen2 a chance to shine. Please get it right. These are once again exciting times, and if pricing and cores/threads turn out to be true, I can foresee a feeding frenzy for AMD cpu's.

alanm likes this.
  4. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Seems AMD is raising the bar even more aggressively than I expected. It's weird to see 6c/12t on their bottom tier. Those default clock speeds look pretty promising too, gives me hope about higher overclocks.

5. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    If these CPUs can meet or beat Intel when it comes to high refresh rate gaming, then these are winners for me! Could well be an AMD CPU in my next build, but I wanna get another GPU upgrade out of my 6700K as long as it doesn't limit framerates significantly over the next few years - problem is I'd be asking it to remain viable for high refresh rate gaming to something like year 2022, and don't know if that's gonna be realistic.

RzrTrek likes this.
  6. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    Still a bit sad to see such low speeds on the 6C X chip as I have no need for anything more at the moment and I'm worried that my band aid mobo Asrock B450M(Blew out my MSI X370 Gaming Plus) won't handle decent speeds with an 8 core proc let alone one with "higher" TDP than my 1600X. Also I'd have to run the stock cooler as I'd question my Corsair H60is ability to cool an 8 core chip. Though it keeps the 1600x in the low 20s on idle and never higher than 62 on 12 hr+ prime 95.

7. Fergutor

Fergutor Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Super GX
  8. HWgeek

HWgeek Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6200 Turbo Fotce @500/600 8x1p
    Good luck cooling it and spending good $$ on high end MB that can handle it's power usage, take 9900K actual Power usage and add 2 more cores and IMO it will get to 200W CPU only before OCing.
    9990XE with 14C can give use good info.

9. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    That's a bit too much asked. Considering this will be already the third Ryzen series coming out, the memory compatibility ought to be much better than with the first Ryzen (although it largely depends on the mobo as well), but any DDR4 is still a tall order. Most likely there will initially be some memory modules that willl require a bios update to work, just like it is with new Intel CPUs. That's how it goes.

10. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    "Rumors on the street are that AMD's forthcoming Ryzen 3000-series desktop processors could purportedly pack a whopping 16 cores on a single chip. During AMD's presentation at the CES 2019 tech show in January,
    an eight-core, 16-thread Ryzen 3000-series chip was trading blows with Intel's Core i9-9900K, which could have pressured the Santa Clara chipmaker to cranking Comet Lake's core count to 10 cores for safe measure."

@OnnA 3600X trading blows with Intel's flagship!? :p:D:eek:

OnnA likes this.

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Im only hoping for up to 4.5GHz (w/Fast RAM it's more than enough for me)
    and with good pricing :D

RzrTrek likes this.
  12. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Agree. Hopefully they learned something from the first Zen release. Still going to wait a few months until Zen 2 is rock solid stable with all forms of bios, memory & m'boards. Hopefully the mad rush to get these chips from day 1 will have subsided a few months on and plentiful stocks at MSRP will be assured. If so, then a 3600x looks like a decent contender for me.

13. ladcrooks

ladcrooks Guest

GPU:
    DECIDING
    Mad as a March hare - This year will be my new build . :D

L3 cache 16 vs 32MB - What are the real differences to a normal user ?

14. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    There is obviously a lot of thermal headroom even for air cooling left in the Ryzen 5 3600X. I do wonder if we will see a higher binned 8-core from AMD after the initial launch? I'll probably hold out to see overclocking results and possibly buy a binned 3600X if there is a lot of overclocking headroom if there isn't the 3700X looks nice for more cores.

15. Well if this will be confirmed, I'll go for 3700X. Intel is in big trouble.

16. n9nu

n9nu Member

GPU:
    NV GeForce RTX 4090
    Can someone tell me if the current X470 mobos will be compatible with these new CPU's...either as is or with a BIOS update?

I was just about to buy the ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate AM4 AMD Promontory X470 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard and 'Dazz' above mentioned the X570 series. Does anyone know if the 570 series mobos are indeed coming out and approximately when? I just might hold off until then.

Tim
    ARS N9NU

17. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    It's same AM4 socket, so all models (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socket_AM4#Chipsets) has to be compatible. You might need UEFI update to optimize CPU performance though.

18. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    That varies a lot depending on about 18 billion factors, but in the case of Ryzen 3/Zen 2, based on leaks, it's speculated to actually help a lot with scaling due to the way the interconnect works. As in, more linear performance scaling as you add more cores.

ladcrooks likes this.
  19. ladcrooks

ladcrooks Guest

GPU:
    DECIDING
    Thanks Neo Cyrus - I was on the thought threadripper being another factor ' more cores ' and now looking back and checking cores i am looking at 12 as to 8 Ryzen 7 3700 :D
    Once again thank you :)