The Division 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, Jun 10, 2018.

1. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Afraid I need to take a rain check with this one after all.

Certain IRL events mean no gaming time and I'm actually trying to cancel my pre-order too (from cdkeys, key not delivered yet) to save a bit of money as well.

See you guys later, hopefully...

2. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    Ordered standard version enjoyed div 1 so thought I would give new version a go.

3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Hope you'll be back dude!

AsiJu likes this.
  4. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Death_LV likes this.

5. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Thanks, yeah we'll see.

Looking forward to hearing what you guys think about the final game either way.

AndreasGuido likes this.
  6. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Hope you are good man!

Looking forward to playing it later this week, how is so far? Any thoughts?

7. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    I just got an email that i had redeemed a code for capitol defenders pack but i haven't?
    Also haven't bought the game on uplay but pre-ordered elsewhere.

8. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Where have you pre-ordered it? Maybe said store had some sort of a pre-order bonus. A local retail store in my city does that often.

9. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
  10. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    I bought it from a keysite that had no preorder bonus.
    Thats why i find it weird...

11. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    The game releases on the 15th, the early access that came with Gold/Ultimate editions started on the 12th. Most places had it around midnight from 11th to 12th. And if you live in the EU, you could have used a VPN to start playing early afternoon on the 11th.

Geryboy likes this.
  12. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    What does everyone think about this game so far? I loved the first one

13. Death_LV

Death_LV Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090 GAMING
    played some hours,i really like this game :) if you loved the first then you will also love this :D

AsiJu and shoja like this.
  14. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    That's what I like to hear!!! Thanks!

15. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    It's awesome so far.

@AsiJu

Hope you're back in action soon mate :)

shoja and AsiJu like this.

16. Yeah well I didn't like the first one and D2 is only a tiny little bit better. It's very nice from visual and technological point of view but I find it unbelievably boring and uninteresting as a game.

17. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Great game so far. I'm actually surprised by the amount of content out in the open world to do. 10 hours in and only level 11, but I'm taking my time, exploring and collecting all the crafting materials, also skipped all the side missions so far because they help level fast at higher levels.

Getting into crafting and projects for settlements, really fun.

Combat is very similar compared to the first game but what is miles better is how the weapon attachments work. Once you craft one (or find later), it's good to used and you can use it on multiple guns. So you can deck out 2-3 different guns with all the attachments and switch between them easily. In the original, if you only found the good attachments once, you had them on one gun and your backup guns had some less good ones installed.

Haven't done any PvP yet, only done the introduction story mission in the DZ but the DZ will be where I'll spend a lot of time once I level up. There's clans too, haven't actually joined one yet.

Erm... Graphics are fantastic, really nice. The story missions actually do have some cohesion which is nice.

And yes, the enemies are somewhat spongy, can't really compare to the first game because I haven't played through the campaign there in years, but that is because it's pretty much a 3rd person shooter with a lot of Diablo mechanics, so as you find better gear, it all gets easier, which is what the drive behind the game is.

Oh, really like the gear brands, even while levelling and only finding green/blue items, combining 3 pieces from the same manufacturer offer you some nice bonuses, kinda like set items at endgame on a diet. But a nice touch.

Oh guys, and get yourself on the Ubi Club website, all you have to do is log in and it has a nice overview of your profile, you can also set yourself weekly targets from there and completing them gives you xp and coins that you can use to buy cosmetics in game.

You can also see your kills vs your friends in PvP and PvE, you can see all kinds of stats, really nice.

shoja, AndreasGuido and AsiJu like this.
  18. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    I loved the first one, I enjoyed the private beta of this, now I'm in the full game I'm really not feeling it, just keep thinking how the visuals and setting of the first one was so much better, missions and bosses of the first one so much better...

signex likes this.
  19. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Pretty safe bet that if you didn't like the first one, you wont like this one either.

By the same token, if you liked the first one, you will probably like this one.

It's one of the things Ubi did very right imho, they fixed the problems inherent in the first one while leaving what made it a good game alone.

I did prefer the first one in terms of Season, but I must say, this is growing on me.

Whether I'll ever prefer it to Winter remains to be seen.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    shoja and AsiJu like this.
  20. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Setting in the original was better, imo, especially the DZ, it was truly dark and creepy. But, there's still some really atmospheric scenes in this follow up, sometimes the play of shadows and low sun just does great, and at night when it's raining, it really nails it.

So not as good as the original in this respect for me, but it's still good.

AsiJu, BangTail and signex like this.