Shortage Intel Processor on the Rise - Price Hike Expected

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. BlueRay

BlueRay Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Or buy AMD....... better performance to euro ratio and no fear for new security holes every month.

3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    10nm still not on track, and they can't keep up with 14nm since they didn't think they need it. Nice mismanagement actually.

carnivore and user1 like this.
  4. Spider4423

Spider4423 Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 4080
    Why would they bother ? Their crap is getting sold and higher prices and little to no risk of having extra stock.

5. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    slower though
    [​IMG]

6. anders190

anders190 Member

GPU:
    1080Ti Phoenix GS
    As someone that's already been fondling the purchase button for an 9990K, I'm not that worried. The CPU I'm actually waiting for, the Ryzen 3700 or 3800 or whatever it will be named, the only reason I would pick the 9990K up now were if it was cheaper. Even Intel should release something new soon-ish and considering Spoiler, I can wait a while longer. I'm bored enough with my 6700K already but there still isn't anything available I can sleep well having spent my money on.

But I do miss having something new to unbox and install. Newest part is the 1,5 year old 1080Ti.

Singleton99 likes this.
  7. butjer1010

butjer1010 Active Member

GPU:
    RX6900XT Toxic EE
    [​IMG]
    Maybe he ment this???

8. butjer1010

butjer1010 Active Member

GPU:
    RX6900XT Toxic EE
    In Croatia i7 9700k is 100 Euro more expensive than ryzen 7 2700x (1828 vs 1515 score???)

9. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Not everybody buys CPUs for multi thread performance.

warlord and Order_66 like this.
  10. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I'm running my last Intel CPU anyways.

Looking for something more secure and with a better price/performance ratio.

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Same here. This 3930k is my last Intel CPU for foreseeable future. Cant wait to build a Ryzen system later this year.

Brasky and warlord like this.
  12. HardwareCaps

HardwareCaps Guest

GPU:
    x
    Scores are just numbers... if games can't utilize all avaliable threads then it doesn't matter.
    single threaded performance is still king.

but again, Intel now have to face Zen 2 and not Zen+. I expect big gains in clocks and modest in IPC. both will make AMD extremely competitive to the point Intel just doesn't make sense for consumers.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    warlord likes this.
  13. HardwareCaps

HardwareCaps Guest

GPU:
    x
  14. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    Looks like AMD is going to be an even better value.

Silva likes this.
  15. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    You're just being naive, though. Intel gets hit by all these security holes, because they have a 90% market share or thereabouts. So any security research is done against Intel, since thats by far the largest group of systems that would be affected.
    If the same amount of research would be focused against AMD, they would find things as well. The current class of attacks is very unpredictable, as side-channel and timing attacks are not something people even thought about when these CPUs were originally developed years and years ago.

AMD is not inherently more secure. They just don't get analyzed the same amount, not even close. If the market share should suddenly tilt, then the entire picture may also change.

16. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    Words like "Intel" and "more expensive" should never be able to be used together in the meaningful context it has meant to come in this article. Never.....ever.......ever......ever.....EVER!

Kinda felt like that crazy rhino off of one crazy summer for a second there.....

17. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    I've read a news article that said Intel CPU shortages are one of the factors for ram prices going down.
    So I hope it keeps like this, and prices keep climbing up so ram can go down.
    A bit worried for Zen2 price though.

olymind1 and schmidtbag like this.
  18. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Look at Radeon VII. Because NVIDIA was expensive and they could do it, AMD did the same.

If INTEL push prices even more and they can sell it, I can see the same happening with (ry)zen2. AMD is not a philanthropic organization. They work for profit, as everyone around us.

nizzen likes this.
  19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I would not worry so much. AMD is already offering great prices for existing ryzen cpus. Its crazy that 2700X can be found for a little more than i5 9600k.

20. NewTRUMP Order

NewTRUMP Order Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3080
    The whole fan boy argument of my cpu is faster than yours is so passe. Get your own imagination and stop regurgitating the companies sales pitches. It always sounds to me like you guys are 3 years old on a playground saying my dad is bigger than your dad. The truth is both cpu companies have products that game at a high performance level, giving you plenty of fps to shoot that bad guy. Throw in modern gpu's and the cpu argument becomes irrelevant. The only aurgument left is do you want to pay more money for Intel to game at the same fps that Amd can give you for less. And now with Intels mismanagement you are going to pay even more. The old my cpu has a faster core speed is really silly sounding nowadays. IMHO.