NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Drivers 419.35 - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Mar 5, 2019.

1. +10 C° Compared to previous drivers and room temperature of 17C°?

2. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    You can always install previous drivers and check the temperatures. I'd give about 99% chance that it's just the game.
    My 2080 for example is hitting 83C in BF1 with 150% resolution scale but keeps under 80C in BFV with RTX Ultra. Different games have different workloads and they produce different amounts of heat.

3. hellish

hellish Guest

After updating to these drivers, my EVGA 2080 Black is idling 10-11C hotter than it was. I was idling per MSI Afterburner and Precision X1 at 31C, and now I'm idling at 42C. This is weird.

Went from 419.17 standard to 419.35 DCH.

EDIT:

Okay, after running DDU in safemode to remove 419.35, rebooting back into windows and installing 419.17 again, I just watched my GPU temps drop slowly from 42c to 34c. It's still running a few degrees hotter than it was before, so this is definitely strange.

Screenshot of temps now: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sA1qzH19P4kPTkmLfvJIqAknhKG7gdv_

EDIT 2: Temps are still dropping. 33c now: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1o6WKUUVEEHHH7DDUT9z6D6ZdqJhQMJFT

Room ambient temps are stable across the board. Yeah, that 419.35 driver had my GPU running 10 degrees hotter at the same ambient temps. Seems like they gave some kind of boost to it, maybe in power? Because my clocks were all exactly as before. Didn't look to see if power and GPU temp options would let me go higher than on 419.17. No idea, but considering I've had no issues really in Metro Exodus or Anthem, or in any game so far, I think I'll stick with the awesome temps I've been getting down here in Louisiana where it's already 83F outside every day.

EDIT 3: Just dropped to 32c without any ambient changes. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LbKFLrpTTVED79WGkgPjFU_g-xBJ-63D

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  4. hellish

hellish Guest

Go here: https://www.nvidia.com/drivers/beta and download the latest driver and select Windows 7 under "System" option.

5. hellish

hellish Guest

6. Dagda

Dagda Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    maybe is just coincidence and got lucky, but i haven't seen any crash on apex since msi afterburner updated to 4.6.0.

Jim Hawkins likes this.
  7. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Deleted member 255716 likes this.
  8. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    It looks like this driver has different boost parameters (at least for Pascal and Turing) compared to earlier drivers which led me to re-tune my overclock and Deep Rock plays all day and all night now. Despite that, though, there is definitely something wrong with how GPU boost works in this set of drivers which I think is causing the higher temps for people as they might be boosting to either higher clocks/voltages or the same clocks at higher voltages. I noticed that I was boosting to higher clocks at the same voltages which led me to instability in Deep Rock (strangely enough not in other games though) and I had to limit my core voltage percent to +50 from +100 so it would not boost to such high voltages for the stable overclock I had come to while I also had to re-tune my boost parameters in afterburner to get it to boost to my stable clocks instead of going too high which caused the instability.

In conclusion, the drivers are stable and work perfectly fine as long as you go and re-check what is going on with your overclock / boosting as they have definitely changed the way it works for this set of drivers. I was going to roll back but after a little tinkering in afterburner I am completely stable and the drivers are great.

9. Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Ti DOC
    Thanks, Dagda! Heaven Benchmark 4.0 runs so much smoother, now, after updating Afterburner.

10. Postitnote

Postitnote Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2060 Founders
    These are the first drivers I have had to roll back

For some reason (it may just be a quirk of my system) my GPU (RTX2060) would only run in PCIE 2.0 x16 rather than PCIE 3.0 x16. using 419.35

All fixed after a DDU and reinstall of 419.17 ( I tried resetting CMOS, reloading Bios, and reinstalling the card first, I'm smart like that :()

Recreated the issue by trying 419.35 again.

Hardly a big thing in terms of performance I know, just though I would share with the group as it were.

Anyway all back at 3.0 using 419.17.

11. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    I think something wrong with your motherboard.

12. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  13. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Weird, I'd expect a new NV driver for this update.

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    wasn't required, GFE can pull the DLSS training once you start the game.

15. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Having a issue with BIOS screen corruption, a 2" bar that runs horizontally across the screen. Also event id 4101 though I never saw the screen flicker once?
    If I drop back to the 416.94 it's gone. Is there a newer driver that doesn't have these issues? Kind of tired of changing drivers..

16. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    I don't think that these are driver related issues at all. Sorry. Fix your hardware, it seems serious.

17. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    If its in the bios, it can't be these drivers.

endbase likes this.
  18. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    +1 not possible must be faulty card

19. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Normally I would agree with this but it happens just when Windows 10 loads from BIOS. Just a quick flash then no more. It goes away if I install any 416.xx drivers so guessing it's an issue with Win 10 and the 417.xx drivers or it's related services.