Download: AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 19.3.1 driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mtrai, Mar 6, 2019.

1. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080ti Hybrid

Dude, check out G3D news... : https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/windows-10-kb4482887-update-can-degrade-graphics-perf-gaming.html...

May just be the answer to many of our issues with the last couple of drivers/games... Officially acknowledged issue by M$ too...

Something to consider eh? AMD may not be the issue here.

Thiago Diniz likes this.
  2. Thiago Diniz

Thiago Diniz Member

GPU:
    6700 XT Red Devil
    in fact, I had this update installed here, so I uninstalled it and uninstalled all other updates did at the same day, then I tried it again..
    DDU -> 19.3.1
    DDU -> 19.2.3
    DDU -> 19.2.2
    tried some chipset (from AMD and Gigabyte website) with GPU 19.x.x driver combinations and none of it seems to work here..

No luck, in all situations above I got massive stuttering, lagging, Metro Exodus Bench can barely run, clocks/power draw keep going up and down up and down

DDU -> 18.12.1 and everything runs fine.

Next step it would be reinstalling the system, but I just did a fresh install last month, so I not really sure it will solve it.

Windows 10 1809
    R7 2700x - 16GB DDR4
    34UC79 144hz
    EVGA 750W G3

thanks for the info anyway

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
  3. Thiago Diniz

Thiago Diniz Member

GPU:
    6700 XT Red Devil
    After some research i found out that many others are having this issue and seems to be related with reference card being flashed with LC Bios (custom water loop) and started with 19.2.x drivers..

gvarv likes this.
  4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    That then I guess.
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/rtss-6-7-0-beta-1.412822/page-91

And the lower threshold for the liquid bios at ~70 degrees so the sensor acts up and spikes and the GPU throttles and this goes on and on until AMD can fix the issue in some later driver.

EDIT: Unless it's just reading the value or reporting it and not actively reacting to it but I would assume it does both, value comes back GPU goes "Oh noes!" and throttling and spiky performance and all that stuff and then it's all good and then "Oh noes!" and again.

Bit silly acting there but I think the idea is clear at least, hitting a spike, GPU thinks it's hitting some threshold, performance goes down.

EDIT: Hmm and the alt-tab issue but I thought AMD fixed that in these, maybe not quite fixed after all then if reverting even before 18.12.2 (AMD Adrenaline 2019) is that it requires.

EDIT: Nope, reading that wrong and it's fixed but performance seems to fluctuate pretty badly possibly as a effect of the lower threshold for the liquid cooled Vega bios compared to the air versions.

5. squallypoh

squallypoh Member Guru

GPU:
    asus rtx 4070 dual
    gotta say this driver is quite unstable in different games, star wars battlefront 2 ea has some issues and even fps drops/glitches not rendering properly, apex legends somtimes it gives a black screen during the character selection and some stuttering.

6. stormy

stormy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX 7600
  7. Thiago Diniz

Thiago Diniz Member

GPU:
    6700 XT Red Devil
    just did some tests and the problem really seems to be with Vega 64 Reference Card being flashed with LC Bios.. and it doesnt affect original LC card, only reference flashed with LC Bios..

Metro Exodus Benchmark, Low settings DX11 (happens with Medium, High, Ultra).. all the rest are the same configs, except for the GPU BIOS

http://imgur.com/a/bruwqox
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

OnnA likes this.
  8. Kaerar

Kaerar Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    Due to lower BIOS temp setting, it's hitting 75C on the hotspot (TJunc) temp and throttling. Same issue since 19.2.1 for me. I am not going back to the stock BIOS as it runs like crap by comparison for my card.

OnnA likes this.
  9. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    When You flash to XTX BIOS, You need to have very good Cooling on Your GPU.
    Preferably LC ot 3xFan Custom or Quality DiY Morpheus.

On my XTX i've never saw GPU/HBM2 at 70deg ;) (Playing SotTR @ Ultra, SMAA T2x is ~45-55deg)
    Always is almost non audiable, just pure Cool&Quiet :D

Note.
    Max IMhO for Flashed LC is to not surpass 69deg. cels.
    Good UV is the key, if You can manage to get ~1650MHz at 1.1v is more than enough for gaming.
    I have ~1672MHz @ 1.087mV w/1120MHz HBM2 @ 937mV and -5% POW.
    On my setup You looking at Vega56 Power consumption (Max peak ~192tW) but with +22FPS in any game.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  10. Thiago Diniz

Thiago Diniz Member

GPU:
    6700 XT Red Devil
    Well, look at my temps, it never hits 45C on GPU/HBM during the test and HotSpot is around 60, so its not throttling... it just make no sense at all.. and there is a big discussion around this on overclockers co uk

11. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Had the same issue with version 19.2.2 and later versions and I also have Vega 56 flashed with Vega 64 LC BIOS in custom water loop. Never tried these yet. So I assume that I need to wait for fix on AMD or M$ side, right?

12. Thiago Diniz

Thiago Diniz Member

GPU:
    6700 XT Red Devil
    not really, I doubt they gonna fix something that is not broken, since the problem only occurs with Vega Reference Cards that have been flashed with LC Bios, which is not officially supported.

Like Matt said: "...the Liquid Edition BIOS was not designed for the air reference Vega... ...BIOS modification = unsupported config... No way I'd be able to convince anyone to look at fixing an issue caused by flashing a different BIOS."

So maybe we are at our own.. I'll give stock bios a try and try to tweak it with overdrivetool, TonyTurbo78 from Overclockers.co.uk had greats results.

here are more testing.. Fresh Windows 10 Install, No connection with internet, removed all bloatware, installed Superposition, Chipset/GPU drivers and Run Benchmark 4 Times:
    1) Stock Bios -> 18.12.1 Driver - OK
    2) Stock Bios -> 19.3.1 Driver - OK
    3) LC Bios -> 18.12.1 Driver - OK
    4) LC Bios -> 19.3.1 Driver - Problem

https://imgur.com/a/niaAMgr

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    Krteq and OnnA like this.
  13. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Test the stock bios.

warlord likes this.
  14. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    All those with problems are people who flashed other bios than their stock one. And they expect AMD to fix "their" bugs. They are unbeatable. AMD cannot win this widespread idiocy. It is even recommended over the forums to edit/change bios.

They believe to really win performance/stability with their inferior gpu making those who paid more seem like idiots. It would be better just to accept their purchase as is. AMD employees are heroes, I can't even imagine their issue report section.

HeavySmok and LocoDiceGR like this.
  15. Kaerar

Kaerar Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    Why are you back here again? You could always just sod off instead of being a dick all the time.

16. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Enjoy your hack against AMD and throw hubris while playing with it. I support legit market and proper PC usage as an IT myself. I act and think from AMD's side of things. Most ruined gpus and bug reports are filled from those who are touching things that aren't supposed to be touched. Go to sleep.

HeavySmok likes this.
  17. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    EDIT: AMD IS NOT OBLIGATED NEITHER SUPPOSED TO PROVIDE SUPPORT FOR INEXISTENT GPUS. THEY CANNOT REPRODUCE BUGS/ISSUES THAT THEY ARE SURFACING DUE TO FLASHING AND BUILDING FAKE GPUS THAT AREN'T IN THEIR PORTFOLIO. AMD IS TESTING REAL GPUS THAT THEY CAN AND ARE ABLE TO TEST THOROUGHLY.

Undying likes this.
  18. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    It is what it is ;)
    We are Enthusiasts, we like to Tweak/Mod etc. it's not a sin.
    Just we need to remember that we need to do it RIGHT (best compatibility in mind when Flashing)
    But as Warlord said, don't blame ATI for Your bugs, instead try to figure it Out & Solve the damn Problem -> Then share for others to benefit :D

That's True Enthusiast !
    Peace :p

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    Undying and LocoDiceGR like this.
  19. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Although bios flashing usually works fine with fully reference designs, the LC has a reference AIO unit being controlled by the bios. Moving forward, there have been reported changes in the way the latest drivers control fan profiles, and the AMD driver team may not be expecting the LC to be paired with custom water loops. So, their attempts at being more effective with the LC may be the cause of negative results with custom water loops.

In addition, I'll add, this is an enthusiast forum, and has been as far back as I can remember. If certain comments related to this fact are not appreciated, I suggest using the ignore button.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2019
    AlleyViper and Undying like this.
  20. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    OK, I will try to flash BIOS from standard Vega 64 and will report back. Anyway, I'm rebuilding my custom water loop, so it will take a while.

OnnA and BlackZero like this.