Windows 10 [19H1] Build 18353

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
    • We’ve enabled microphone in Windows Sandbox, which among other things will improve several accessibility scenarios.
    • We’ve added functionality to configure the audio input device via the Windows Sandbox config file.
    • We’ve fixed an issue in which the Windows Sandbox time zone was not synchronized with the host.
    • We’ve enabled the Shift + Alt + PrintScreen key sequence in Windows Sandbox which activates the ease of access dialog for enabling high contrast mode.
    • We’ve enabled the ctrl + alt + break key sequence in Windows Sandbox which allows entering/exiting fullscreen mode.
    • We fixed a recent issue resulting in some Insiders experiencing bug checks upon lid close, monitor plug, or monitor unplug.
    • We fixed an issue resulting in preferred region settings getting reset on upgrade in the last few flights.
    • We fixed an issue resulting in the Chinese version of multiple games not working.
    • We fixed an issue in memcpy that caused some drivers to hard-hang the system on load; this could manifest as a hang on upgrade, depending on the system.
    • Here’s the latest on trying out our new Windows gaming technology:
      • Still haven’t had a chance to get the game State of Decay for free (for a limited time)? More slots are available again! Whether you’ve tried it in earlier builds or haven’t had the chance yet, these instructions have everything you need.
      • Installed the Insider version of State of Decay already? We’ll be trying out an update later To get it, launch the Store app, click […] and then “Downloads and Updates”. Once installed, you shouldn’t see any difference in the game – it’s just a test update – but please let us know if anything doesn’t work!
    Known issues
    • Launching games that use anti-cheat software may trigger a bugcheck (GSOD).
    • Creative X-Fi sound cards are not functioning properly. We are partnering with Creative to resolve this issue.
    • We’re continuing to investigate feedback in the night light space.
    • Some Realtek SD card readers are not functioning properly. We are investigating the issue.
    • We’re investigating an issue preventing VMware from being able to install or update Windows Insider Preview builds. Hyper-V is a viable alternative if available to you.

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...ncing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-18353/

lucidus likes this.
  2. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    "Hyper-V is a viable alternative if available to you." Oh Microsoft... funny stuff.

3. Strange Times

Strange Times Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6600 XT
    rtm candidates on next week btw
    gsod still not fixed, ok :)

Darren Hodgson and warlord like this.
  4. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    The bad thing is even in slow ring which is the one step before public release is still a broken build with critical gsods regarding gaming. I don't understand the quality check of windows team anymore.

Strange Times and HARDRESET like this.

5. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
    Had the bugcheck , on Metro Exodus , went back to release preview 17763.349.

warlord likes this.
  6. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Stick to ltsb versions and forget about this crap :p

warlord and Extraordinary like this.
  7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    There should be only one verison of window 10 and that is LTSB

warlord and eGGroLLiO like this.
  8. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    There is if you choose there to be, you can safely ignore all the others

warlord likes this.
  9. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    So, what is more stable nowadays? Fast ring of the current branch or skip ahead? Any opinion? Should I stick to slow ring? (public preview was boring to me)

10. Strange Times

Strange Times Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6600 XT

11. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    • Launching games that use anti-cheat software may trigger a bugcheck (GSOD). = Big Problem.
    • Creative X-Fi sound cards are not functioning properly. We are partnering with Creative to resolve this issue. = Another Big Problem.
    • Some Realtek SD card readers are not functioning properly. We are investigating the issue. = Another Big Problem (Photographes etc..)

HARDRESET likes this.
  12. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I'd argue that lack of Windows Store makes Windows 10 almost irrelevant. Tried using LTSB and went back to the ordinary retail in about a week.

13. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    You are correct as I am not aware of any DX12 only games outside of the (awful) Microsoft Store which requires it for UWP apps and games. So if you don’t use the Store then there’s no need to use Windows 10 really.

14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Thankfully I have a SoundBlaster Z card now but the GSOD bugcheck issue is putting me off upgrading from 17763.349 right now. Will wait for that to be fixed first.

15. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
    17763.349 is working fine without any issues.

16. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    You don't play multiplayer games so anti-cheat problems shouldn't affect you. If you want to try 1903 then go ahead, you can always rollback.

17. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I mean in general. there should be only 1 verison of windows 10 period for all and that is LTSB. I would settle for M$ doing a once year build so in theory we would half the problems we get now with each new build

only if you use the store which i dont, and I sure there others that dont either.

There are DX12 games out side of that horrid windows store.weather the windows store is only place you can get games that are strictly DX12 only is irrelevant so i not sure what you getting at. DX is MS thing and there they would make there games DX12 and only available threw the store.

and correct me if I wrong but arnt you the one that had/has endless problems with windows store? if so why you even still using it?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  18. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    They make more money from licensing with multiple SKUs, imagine a McDonalds that only sold cheeseburgers :D

19. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    UWP cheeseburger - ooops something went wrong :-(

Extraordinary likes this.
  20. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Windows Cheeseburger - Ultimate With Pickle

eGGroLLiO and lucidus like this.