NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Drivers 419.35 - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    Tried these drivers with Metro Exodus. All seemed fine for a bit. Vis quality was nice. Performance MUCH better than the last driver release. But then I entered the Taiga level of Exodus. Right where you get ..........As soon as you are ………..., and a ......is in your ……. as you come to.... huge artifacting around the ……... And then when you go ………....... big time artifacting around the …….. itself and my full screen pretty much. I can only describe what I saw as straight lines everywhere at all kinds of angles. Never ever saw this sort of thing before tbh. Went back to the 416.94s..... and all is awesome again. Although these new 419.35s up until the artifacting started, did have nice vis quality and did perform rather nicely. Had the artifacting not started up, I`d have stayed with these drivers. Almost a contender. ;p Sticking with the 416.94s till a driver set arrives that are more solid for me.

Edited for the Spoiler Police. ;p

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  2. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    I can install & use DCH or Standard without any hassle. :rolleyes:

"Standard" packages are those that do not require the DCH driver components.

"DCH" (Declarative, Componentized, Hardware Support Apps) refers to new packages preinstalled by OEMS implementing the Microsoft Universal Driver paradigm.

DCH drivers cannot be installed over a standard system, and Standard drivers cannot be installed over a DCH system.

To confirm the type of system you have, locate Driver Type under the System Information menu in the NVIDIA Control Panel.

3. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 VENTUS OC
    this is the second driver in a row that has attempted to install a telemetry client and failed. the drivers themselves and all the software but geforce experience (and the telemetry client) will install fine though.
    I'm not complaining because telemetry is bs, but anyone have any insight to this?

KrueLLa likes this.
  4. kurtextrem

kurtextrem Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
    I think this is default.

5. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    "While not an old game, please, you add PUBG to list. I experience issue of drop clocks erratic in pubg in optimal mode. Need prefer max performance to stabilize. Great thread btw, hoping more contributions to list."

So I wasn't the only one experiencing this after all. I don't think I want to install these drivers if this "erratic drop clocks" is still an issue. I've never had problems with that until 418.XX and beyond.

Edit - No harm in trying, I'll install and report back.

6. Velldanas

Velldanas Member

GPU:
    3070 Jetstream
    [​IMG]

7. BrainDedd

BrainDedd Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix 1070 OC
    Anyone else seeing this "Enable Developer Settings" option?
    [​IMG]

8. kosta20071

kosta20071 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    nice find. It adds 2 options:

[​IMG]

9. alexander1986

alexander1986 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    what seems interesting to me is "nvdisplaycontainer sometimes causing high cpu usage" issue that is fixed, was not aware that this was a problem even, worth installing this new driver you think guys? I mainly play fortnite and am quite cpu bottlenecked with a old i5-3470 so i'll do anything for more performance :D currently on 419.17

edit: also regarding this silk smoothness thing, any final verdict here if this is placebo or disabled by default? always looking to lower latency and improve responsiveness... @RealNC I always trust your posts and you seem to have concluded its hidden for a reason so to speak :p

10. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    This was added in 419.17.

Robbo9999 likes this.

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I still running 411.63 here with my 1070ti, any cool features I would like been introduced since? as far as performance goes i have no issues with any thing i playing, Or glitches I seen

12. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Rebooted to Discrete Graphics mode, and lost all the new nifty power modes. Of course I gain GSync on internal panel, and higher than 60Hz, but it's kinda moot with external panel. I may stay in MSHYBRID mode while docked to keep those settings, and let iGPU handle browsers and video playback. (Just to see if fans stay quieter.)

On another note, I figured out my GSync Compatible issue I was having. Games would sometimes initialize with GSync active, but gameplay was not smooth, and tearing, even with VSync enabled. I was fixing this by resetting the external display, but it didn't always work. But I discovered the issue went away when using Hybrid mode, with iGPU/Optimus enabled. In this mode, my internal panel loses GSync, and I only have the one panel with Gsync active. Games initialize properly each time.

Heading back to Discrete mode, issue returned. This time, I changed my internal panel back to default 75Hz settings, instead of my 100Hz OC. Everything corrected itself, and games worked properly. Putting setting back to 100Hz also worked properly, so it's about just needing to reset things with internal panel after login. Going to test further by leaving it at 75Hz, seeing if the custom resolution is causing driver to trip up somehow.

13. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    These are great with metro exodus over the previous.

14. calvin82

calvin82 New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 8GB
    Interesting ! Did they make an announcement about a fix coming for ARK soon ? This issue has been here since 400+ drivers.

15. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Zero difference in performance between these and 418.91 (the first ones I've benched in Exodus), at least in game's own benchmarking tool.

16. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    Game feels more fluid, no stutters I previously had, smooth as butter now personally.

The Sleeper likes this.
  17. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    Spoiler galore, cheers

18. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Power management : Optimal is still "broken". Yes, setting to Adaptive fixes it...I just wish I knew what happened.

Results from a short run of Apex Legends.

417.71 driver, Power management : Optimal
    [​IMG]

419.35 driver, Power management : Optimal
    [​IMG]

419.35 driver, Power management : Adaptive
    [​IMG]

19. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Does anyone have a direct link to PhysX v9.19.0218 which is included with this driver please?

Windows Update installed the later/newer (?) v421.65 on my PC tonight but it doesn't include the latest version of PhysX. I extracted the v419.35 driver but it doesn't include an installer for PhysX annoyingly. I don't think I can install PhysX only from the v419.35 installer as the option to deselect the actual v419.35 driver is greyed out so it looks like it would overwrite v421.65.

Not sure if v421.65 is worth keeping however as it is unclear if any of the other (non-PhysX) fixes are included from the v419.35 driver. A higher version number does not necessarily mean a newer driver in my experience as it may be, and likely is, from a completely different driver branch that has yet to have the v419.35 fixes incorporated into it.

20. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Runs fine here on ultra @ 1440p.