Devil May Cry 5

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 11, 2018.

1. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I played the demo on PS4. It was pretty cool but I wasn't able to beat the boss and was in no mood to restart lol. I was pleasantly surprised by it being 60 fps. Just saw the microtransaction vid though, kinda disappointed. Obviously won't p/o but will definitely be keeping an eye on it.

2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    The game will be released in 10 days but I guess there isn't much hype for it here on the forums?. I think it looks awesome!

3. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Do these DMC games have some kinda story ? I mean at least a decent one? .... I would consider buying this if the story is any good. I do like the fluid gameplay from the videos I've seen so far.

4. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    I have played DMC3, 4 and the reboot at least three times each, so I’m a fan and I’m excited for the new game … buuttt .. first of all it comes out real close to Sekiro and if I have to choose, and I have to, I’ll go with Sekiro. Secondly, DMC5 looks more the type of game I want to get later, as a full edition on a discounted price, that is if they do not ruin it with microtransactions…

As for the story, yeah it is there. Don’t want to offend anyone that may be invested in the story, but for me it is gameplay first. I did like the story in DMC3 and the reboot one was also good, but I cannot remember WTF was happening in DMC4. My guess would be that DMC5 will have a decent story for an action game.

5. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I don't even remember the story of DmC 4 and the DmC reboot so I guess it's not amazing :D I don't mind some dialogue and some cut scenes but for me gameplay and atmosphere is more important.

6. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Thx, yeah, after some quick research, I found out that these games are not big on story...will pass on this...maybe buy it when some massive discount is available.

7. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    I also played 4 and dmc and cant seem to remember anything about them... huh

Surprisingly i remember Bayonetta 1 and 2's story quite well. Supposedly they're very similar - i guess maybe the first game or 2 were more memorable.. perhaps.

8. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    The story is pretty deep if you get into it.
    Sadly, it's chopped up due to how the games have been released. Timeline wise... it's a mess.

And there are still people arguing about the placement of DMC5 even though the producers of the game have said it's a direct sequel to DMC2.

So, if the producers are correct... timeline wise... it's DMC3, 1, 4, 2, 5

Undying, serbicu and drandiiski like this.
  9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I like how the game looks. This new RE engine really make the games shine. They recommended 1060 or a 480 so we can expect another good optimized game.

10. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    4K/60FPS easy.

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Capcom is great at optimizing games so I assume this one will be no different. If I remember correctly, console versions will run at 60fps (at least the Pro and the One X)?

12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    DF tested it but consoles are not able to push 60fps, that was beta though, i assume final game will probably run better.

13. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah, the RE Engine is great. I just hope they update/fix it's reflections. They are the only part of the engine that's... well... meh.

14. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Oh OK, I didn't realize that.

15. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Was gonna buy on PS4 but meh. Tho i suppose pro on 1080p mode might be able to do solid 60..
    Think im gonna hold out for PC on a good sale. Unless a good sale comes first on PSstore :p

16. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
  17. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Wow, DmC fans won't be disappointed I guess :D Looks like the whole package.

18. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I'm a little disappointed that it's split between three playable characters instead of just being Dante's story/game.
    In DMC4 I... was not a big of Nero. I liked the bits where I played as Dante, but... Nero was kind of annoying.

And now, it's Nero, Dante... and V.

19. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Did a PC demo ever come out not sure if I am into buying this ,so I would love to try a demo.Hell I just remembered there is a thing called google.Maybe I will try out that google thing.

20. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070