Reviews: GeForce GTX 1660 Ti testing Galore - MSI, ASUS and Palit

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 22, 2019.

1. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    @HWgeek, have you ever sold a game?
    I don't think everybody gives a damn about it. Just a bonus, no more no less. If I could refuse games and get it for $100 cheaper, yeah, that would be great.

warlord likes this.
  2. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    The rx580 @ $180 is a very good deal now. Especially for those who may have been looking at cards a tier below just a few weeks ago.

Fox2232 likes this.
  3. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    These are a rather small tiny demographic. I can't understand why someone should buy a new and not a used gpu under 200€. Weak.

4. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    The cheaper the card, the larger the demographic I believe. An 8gb card for $180 is something never seen before till now. It will sell out pretty fast imo.

5. HWgeek

HWgeek Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6200 Turbo Fotce @500/600 8x1p
    Also since it's Custom double fan cooler and not just simple reference blower style that most of the time is the cheapest model on sale.

P.S - I miss the old double GPU models, this GPU with it's low TDP and high performance could made nice DoubleGPU card for ~$600.

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    You cant deny that that rx580 8gb for 180$ is a great deal. A 100$ more for a gpu is a deal breaker for many.

7. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I don't think that's gonna happen, would steal too many sales away from the RTX cards and also wouldn't help them in their push for an "RTX Future".

alanm likes this.
  8. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Buying GPU from 2016 in the year 2019 is a deal breaker. For many.

There is zero pressure on Nvidia.
    And we know this because it's AMD and its retail partners who are knocking down their prices, while Nvidia MSRP prices are not only immovable, but are jacked up handsomely for half-decent SKUs. And it seems to me that their chit is starting to sell!
    The moment particular NV SKU goes out of supply or its supply starts thinning - the price goes up. Like that @$#*(& STRIX 2070 - its 50 euros up. Again! The absolute cheapest available STRIX is 590 euros. Again. And back and forth it goes...

Nvidia don't even care. Their "Game On" bundle for RTX cards is expiring today, and they have not announced anything to replace it. And even the old bundle is covered only by selected retailers. Buying from Mindfactory, or from a local shop? Tough luck..
    The only great card right now is 1660 Ti. Well almost great card because of 6GB. And no - unless thoroughly provoked, I am not going to write a wall of text arguing why 6GB is weak.

Between gas guzzling ancient tech from AMD and yummy new Turing arch built on the ancient node (I could live with 12nm, but still...jesus..get on with the program) sold by greedy retailers... Screw this! Unless Nvidia throws me a bone, I am keeping my money. Ahoy Ampere, 7nm Turing whatever!

PS
    "greedy retailers" - it's not meant as an insult: greed is the name of the game. And I am pretty sure that in today global economy the margins are cut throat.

9. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Problem is Powercolor is a garbage brand.

10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Opinions. To me Inno3d, Palit, Galax they are garbage as well.

Loophole35 and RzrTrek like this.

11. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    isn't it like evga makes the best for nvidia and Sapphire for amd? ....opinion of course.

I do like my PNY though ...1st one I ever had.

Loophole35 likes this.
  12. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Inno3D is a reliability and customer care giant!! Compared to Power Color and their 1 year warranty.
    1 year warranty which AMD is silently testing, with zero complains from their cult followers who are too busy typing nonsense about RTX-ray-tracing-DLSS-GamwWorks, and zero complaints coming from NV fans who simply don't care

As for Palit and Galax... you are even more off the mark. Numbers, not opinions.
    Surely you've heard of HoF..

airbud7 likes this.
  13. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    That thing you "can't understand" is very price range where most of GPU money are usually made.

@Noisiv : PowerColor can test whatever warranty they want here, as long as it is 24 months or more. (Guaranteed by law.)
    But if they threw me 30% discount and provided just 1 year warranty... I would be all in.

14. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    One thing you're kind of forgetting though is the Vega 56 can still be overclocked as well, even if you buy a reference one you can undervolt it then use Wattman's auto overclock to pull some more performance out.

Undying likes this.
  15. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I agree. You aren't breaking any ground with those statements. Throw XFX in there for good measure.

MSI, EVGA, ASUS, PNY and Sapphire are the only brands I would buy a graphics card from in the AIB network. However I really like the idea of buying straight from AMD or Nvida.

airbud7 likes this.

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Isnt the PNY and Palit the same thing?

17. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Palit make some amazing cards, my last 2 cards were both Palit GameRock, the 1080 arguably one of the best 1080 out there and the 2080 is just as good.

Gigabyte is utter trash in my books, had 2x gpu and 1x motherboard all go bad or arrive with issues. Never touched them since and never will.

18. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Never heard of gamerock card, its probably the cheapest 2080 you can find.

19. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    You probably shouldn't comment on things you don't know about is my guess.

carnivore likes this.
  20. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Right back at you.