Discontinued (check OP link for future drivers) - Clean Version

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by cryohellinc, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    Rolling back to the 416.94s. I am not seeing any DLSS setting in Metro Exodus. On a good note, DSR seems to be working again. And Gsync on my Freesync compatible monitor.

2. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Did you download RTX version?

3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    My guess is you have a new Windows install so download DDU, uninstall your current version in Safe Mode and make sure you check the box to prevent Windows to install drivers upon restart. When you do a normal restart you should be able to install the clean drivers.

4. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    Yes, downloaded the RTX version. I`ll try it again. aarrgghh

Ok redownloaded and tried to install. Says it couldn t because the installation package is corrupt.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019

5. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Are you using DDU prior to installation?

Anyone else has the same issues with RTX driver as @Shataan ?

Update:
    Just manually installed Win 10 x64 Desktop RTX driver, all works here. No corrupt file warnings.

Which link have you used to download? mega or google drive?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  6. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    @cryohellinc If I would go to the Geforce driver page and download a driver for the 1080Ti and then a driver for the 2080Ti would I download one GTX version and one RTX version? (sorry if the question is obvious) What is the difference between those two?

7. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    Got from Google 1st. I then reinstalled and all went good. Maybe the complete package didn`t d/l correctly the 1st time.? Got DLSS this time round. But DLSS won`t stay checked. I have a feeling it doesn`t work with 2560X1080p monitors. …. even when I bump DSR up to the res DLSS requires. Not sure if I like the 419.17s vis qualitywise or performancewise compared to my old stand bys….. the 416.94s. Went back to the 416.94s for now.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  8. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    As far as I know, they compose them nearly identically. Minor differences are within the configuration files such as which models to support e.t.c.
    Actual folder structure wise they are nearly identical. When I clean them the main difference between GTX and RTX is that:
    RTX drivers have additional - NGXCore folders and PPC folders, meanwhile, GTX versions don't have those.
    NGXCore is responsible for RTX in-game features, rest is typical bloat.

Well, in that case, it was most likely an unfinished download. I did re-test the links and all seem to be working just fine, no corrupt files.

Regarding DLSS - I think this is what you are experiencing. It's not related to the driver, it's related to DLSS limitations and Nvidia's implementation.
    [​IMG]

None of my business of course, but on a side note - Why would you get 2080Ti for a 2560x1080p monitor? Clearly, money isn't an issue here, in that case why not get a Solid 1440p monitor?

9. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Depends on a game you're using but generally it doesn't right now, only 16:9 resolutions.

10. Dragonsbane

Dragonsbane Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 2080 Black
    Installed the GTX version for Win10. Just noticed that the GSYNC option is missing from NVidia Control Panel. Any clues about why?

My goal was to enable the GSync Compatible mode (I have a freesync monitor).

btw, thanks for the packages.

11. Ital

Ital Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080 AMP
    What monitor do you have and how are you connecting your card to your monitor?

12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Thanks! So unless RTX features are used, it doesn't matter which version is installed.

13. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Are you using Display Port cable?

14. Dragonsbane

Dragonsbane Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 2080 Black
    It's a LG 34UC79G connected using DP 1.2.

I found my problem: GSYNC was disabled on the monitor settings for some reason. It's working now.

Thanks guys.

cryohellinc likes this.
  15. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    "Clearly, money isn't an issue here, in that case why not get a Solid 1440p monitor?"

I`m waiting for the ASUS ROG Swift PG35VQ to be released.
    35-inch UWQHD (3440 x 1440) ROG Swift PG35VQ Gaming Monitor - 35 inch, Ultra-WQHD, HDR, 21:9 Curved, 200Hz, G-SYNC™

This should solve my DLSS issue ;p But boyos is Asus taking their freaking time releasing this monitor. Prolly won`t see a release till Summer.

ToxicTaZ and cryohellinc like this.

16. bernek

bernek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7900XT
    I've read the first post in this thread and I've understood what to remove from the installation kit and "This simple process will keep your system free of unnecessary Nvidia driver bloatware."

Ok but why ? for free space ? what harm can that bloatware have ? I'm mean is something measurable ? I'm really trying to understand this so don't jump on my head and tell me to read something elsewhere please just explain.

17. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    It has been answered a dozen times already - clean drivers exclude bloatware such as telemetry, unnecessary data collection services, gfe services, auto-update services e.t.c.

Clean drivers include only the bare minimum core features, necessary to run the driver. Hence there are GTX/RTX versions.
    Regarding how impactful they are on your system - depends on the system. I follow a simple logic - less is more. I don't like trash on my PC, and I like to keep it clean.
    In order to measure it, run benchmarks of your choice before/after and compare the values. But don't expect it to give you +100 fps more out of the blue.

blitz72, Lilith, bernek and 2 others like this.
  18. MaxBlade

MaxBlade Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti/970/390/+ more
    Just wanted to say THANKS for this

cryohellinc likes this.
  19. mapnam charun

mapnam charun Member

GPU:
    GTX 550 Ti 1024 MB
    Thanks for the driver,i'm moving to red team :p,keep up good work sir :D

somemadcaaant and cryohellinc like this.
  20. newls1

newls1 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    can we please get the clean version of the latest 419.35.... please!

Shataan likes this.